Reviews for Come, Natsuki, The Game is Afoot
RadiantBeam chapter 8 . 11/4/2009
I haven't forgotten about this story yet!

Had to play some catch up because I lost touch with things due to schoolwork, but I'm pleased to know my hunch about Dashiell was correct. I have to give him props, too; I don't think I could have been that calmly calculating if the person I loved had been murdered!

But then, his plan makes a lot of sense. He knew it was his word against Warburton's, and that he wouldn't be able to win in that sense. So he calmly, slowly worked the man's sanity, and then allowed Shizuru and Natsuki to come along and finish the job for him. Very clever, very cunning. Here's hoping he finds some peace of his own, he certainly deserves it.

I also liked the touch of Shizuru knowing she was being used and still going along with it. It's something she'd definitely do, and the way she explained it to Natsuki, it made a lot of sense. I don't know why, but to me this whole chapter sort of had a bittersweet feeling to it, and Shizuru's explaination just added to that.

Watch yourself, Natsuki, methinks you're becoming just a little too fond of Shizuru lately, eh? .~

Update soon!
dsaANON chapter 8 . 11/3/2009
awesomness! thnx for the fic luking 4ward to the others! -
colorfulsunrise514 chapter 8 . 11/3/2009
Now that was a shocking twist of things. Wow. It makes a lot of sense. Very well played.
MissIzzyB chapter 8 . 11/3/2009
Yay! Great chapter and amazing story! I'm SO waiting for the next one!
For Spite chapter 8 . 11/3/2009
Well, last chapter the depth of my reaction at first besides 'nice action scene' was that 'AHA, Shizuru recognized the false beard somehow and thus realized he was most likely to be pretending to be a woman' so I see that was borne out.

On reflection, however, I must say Natsuki is proving a bit more competent than Watson while displaying skills that probably only pique Shizuru's curiosity more.

As for this chapter, having had the detectives invited in himself seems overly elaborate, but then this whole plan proves that Dashiell is fond of overly elaborate, dramatic affairs. Still, whether the end that occured was his intent or he simply improvised well, a plan that works is by definition not useless.

Ironically, either way he was counting on the Colonel's inherent goodness because if he was purely evil he wouldn't care at all. Of course, we'll never know who was seducing whom because both sides are presented, as oft happens in reality.

Nice plot twists here and we see a bit of Shizuru's understanding of love and the monsters it can make of people (though she doesn't seem to see it that way, exactly) which echoes her canon actions in some ways. The fact that Natsuki, vengeance seeker that she is can't totally understand seems in character as well (she's just not cold blooded enough for having an easy time with the goals she sets herself).

Also, a good ending by continuing to reinforce the Shizuru/Natsuki relationship in the background with the teasing and Natsuki's favorable reaction.
GeshronTyler chapter 8 . 11/3/2009
"For the love of God!" Heh, I seem to remember reading "The Cask of Amontillado" in an literature textbook. Well well, quite the sordid affair. I've read some Victorian...*cough* literature... Look forward to seeing what the next case shall be.
Ryuhime12 chapter 8 . 11/3/2009
Brilliant!
Atra Ventus chapter 8 . 11/3/2009
lol the end

can't wait to see what Natsuki's up to...I have a feeling Shizuru might know a bit more than she's letting on.
ThunderJovi chapter 8 . 11/3/2009
Ah, such a wonderful ending to the case!

I never would have thought of incest, though...

Good chapter! I didn't see it coming...

Well, not all of it.
SulliMike23 chapter 8 . 11/3/2009
Wow, I didn't expect this sort of thing. The colonel a murderer, his sister was in love with him and he killed her for it, and the Uncle-in-law was scaring him into confessing. This is just one major plot twist I did not expect.
Kuma Kuma chapter 8 . 11/3/2009
Wow, I did not expect the confession of incest. I had a suspicion the Colonel may have done something that caused Catherine's death, but I didn't really consider the possibility he had killed her...or slept with her. This is why I am not a detective! :)

LOVED the banter between Natsuki and Shizuru. "Very well; I hope that Natsuki is fortunate in her own forbidden love." Oh my goodness, I actually snorted when I read that. It also added another revealing level of what Shizuru is feeling toward her friend. Well I guess you could say her conversation with Dashiell did that as well. "I understand. If you truly love a person, then you accept them for who they are, not just the aspects that you like." It seems as if love has been in Shizuru's thoughts of late.

Keep up the great work! I look forward to the conclusion of this story and the start of the next mystery.
Salnar chapter 8 . 11/3/2009
Wow, what a plot. The English Gothic incestuous theme here reminded me of Count Cain series of Kaori Yuki (it's great btw). Though I'm glad your story is nowhere near as dark and cruel as that manga. I cannot wait to see more ShizNat from you!
Meilia chapter 8 . 11/3/2009
Great chapter :D
Ahsirk chapter 7 . 10/28/2009
Heh, Natsuki runs faster because she's not in a skirt. I am very curious to see what happens next. _
colorfulsunrise514 chapter 7 . 10/28/2009
Wow, complete shocker on who it was! Love the fight and chase scene. Natsuki is kickass!
145 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »