Reviews for Daedalus in Exile
Rainfallen chapter 2 . 9/18/2009
Oh, Bella, Bella. Can't even take a hike without getting lost, stalked by a rabid vampire, attacked by a wild animal, and cracking your skull open. I hope he either just kills her or turns her here - either way, put the poor hapless thing out of her misery. ;)

This is new and shiny and different, and I'm quite enjoying it so far. ) I like the voice you give Edward, and I'm partial to EPOV anyway when the story is first person.

I also like the glimpses of family we see, even though he's so far away from them. Alice's indignant anger and annoyance with him, Carlisle's devoted trips to check in on him, his thoughts of what Esme taught him. 3

Quite looking forward to next week's update, and maybe finding out wtf Bella was doing wandering in the woods. You've done a lovely job, as always.
rachelcullen77 chapter 2 . 9/18/2009
you write extremely well. I'm loving all the angst!
ilsuocantante chapter 2 . 9/18/2009
oh jesus.

I'm sitting here kind of slack-jawed at my desk and my heart is pounding. i'm sure it's extremely evident to my coworkers that I am not working. At all.

if I thought the last chapter was compelling, this one was gripping. I seriously couldn't take my eyes from the page and I felt like i was right there, experience Edward's indecision and craving and turmoil.

And uh oh... is he going to change her?

And Daedalus... I'm trying to figure out its significance. Is the labyrinth he's created his own mind - his madness? is the minotaur the beast within him?

could be completely off base, but it's swirling around in my brain.

thanks for writing. :)
klarsen18 chapter 2 . 9/18/2009
Wow-awesome chapter! I really like how tormented Edward is.
dazzled by wizards chapter 2 . 9/18/2009
ah! omg, i'm so excited! i LOVE this story! can't wait for more!
sconnolly318 chapter 2 . 9/18/2009
Thanks for updating!
What Obsession17 chapter 2 . 9/18/2009
OH! This is good! Weird how fate works. Can't wait to find out what he does next, update soon PLEASE!
RACHIAN chapter 2 . 9/18/2009
OHh!I love this story already! CAN NOT wait for the next chapter! ~bites nails~
soton chapter 2 . 9/18/2009
I was shocked when I first started reading this story. I suppose I wanted Edward to be perfect - and felt bewildered that he slipped and started to murder humans again. :(

However, you have written a really amazing story and although I am slightly uncomfortable with Edward giving in to his true vampire nature, I can't stop reading.

Please post again soon.
arfalcon chapter 2 . 9/18/2009
Aggh! Omg, you had my heart RACING there at the end. Talk about a cliffie...jeez, you've got Bella bleeding, Edward drooling, and not the way we want him to drool, all while Edward's trying to figure out his Hobson's choice. But this ain't no philosophy class. We are putty in your hands, here!

Your mad skillz are on full display in this fic. Love it!
Rochelle Allison chapter 2 . 9/18/2009
ooh! girl, you've brought me in deep with this one. i could completely envision myself there, in the cold forest, wandering...tracking...

i wasn't at all expecting the mountain lion, and i like how you kept with the theme of him saving her and now realizing he actually *wanted* to... save her. not just "win". he's faced with her life now...

goodness. this is really juicy.
AG0418 chapter 2 . 9/18/2009
I was at first surprised at how little this Edward thought of Bella. But, then I remembered that Edward in Twilight/Midnight Sun really didn't have any romantic feelings for Bella that first day in Biology at all. That came later. So, this Edward too wouldn't care. I loved the "Not her" line. Can't wait to find out what happens to Bella and what Edward will do!
ilsuocantante chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Compelling.

Feels a little bit like a combination of New Moon and Midnight Sun. And while it was a bit... shocking? to read Edward actually killing an innocent and draining her, it was also refreshing. I like watching him driven to that brink, his control completely broken - because it will that much more meaningful when he's pulled back from the edge.

i am intrigued by the title as well.
Airekel chapter 2 . 9/18/2009
I wondered - and still wonder - how you were/are going to get Edward and Bella out of this situation. However, I *love* his reaction at seeing her hurt. He doesn't seem to want her dead anymore - rather exactly opposite - just as 'Twilight's' Edward reacted as he saw Tyler's van coming at Bella in the school parking lot. While I hated that Edward allowed his bloodlust to take him, and continue taking him for a couple of years - and while I wasn't happy that he was going to allow himself to satisfy his bloodlust with Bella now - thank goodness for stray mountain lions. :) So now, Edward needs to care for her, and somehow they need to fall in love. Yes, I'm a hopeless romantic where Edward is concerned. Go figure. I'm glad you have shown Edward that there are he has feelings for Bella that are opposed to draining her of her blood. I'm looking forward to your next chapter.

Thanks for a great chapter. :)
amymorgan chapter 2 . 9/18/2009
"Not her". Sounds familiar. Hm. I love the irony of the mountain lion, Edward's favorite meal in TWILIGHT, becoming his rival for Bella. How quickly his moods change. Very satisfying, great Edward internal monologue! And the description of Bella trying to fend off the lion, So totally Bella! Thank you.
4,774 | « Prev Page 1 .. 297 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 317 .. Last Next »