Reviews for Gone Native
PADavis chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
Now I'm wondering if Dean was the righteous man because he is Michael's vessel. Huh. Nah. This is brilliantly written, your Alistair is always so freakin' creepy, and maybe a marine would do this. If anyone was going to convince me that the offer was made to John, this would be it.

I sure agree that Alastair lied about John - his lips were moving after all, and I believe John broke, and that Dean would believe Alastair because, despite everything, he believes innately that his father was a superhero and that he would never match him. Which is all kind of angsty and sad and wonderful.

Great fic, hon.

Phoebe
Noelani618 chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
Oh, I definitely agree with you! I don't think John was a righteous man at all, a good man, but not righteous. I never thought about it in these terms before: going native when there is no hope of rescue. It makes sense.

Alastair lying about that part fits completely with his character too. He wasn't the High Inquisitor for nothing! Mix just enough truth with a lie and *wham* there you go, a guilt trip the size of the U.S!

Thanks for sharing!