Reviews for A Place in the World to Call Home
J.A. Carlton chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
Awesome, superbly done TraSan! Every nuance from the under the non-existent cap scratch to Sam's lost-ness, really rang beautifully true!

Excellent!
Psychee chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
I liked your way of dealing.
jayhaytch chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
*guh*

Oh my, that was nice. And heart felt. And sad. And everything was just right. Well done! Would love to see that on screen... Julie.
spnMom chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
It's nice to see someone hasn't given up on Sam... I need to get past the next few episodes of angst, but I don't want to miss a second... So, I guess I'll keep reading fanfics that express more than they can in 42 minutes... Thanks for posting and Yay for Bobby!
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
I could well imagine that Sam went to see Bobby after Dean's words and at least the old hunter could give him a little comfort with his wise words.

They were so screwed.

Loved the above, it said it all. They definitely have an uphill task on their hands.

Great one-shot.
Phx chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
Aw, I am so glad you posted this. I love it. I love bobby's common sense in all this and his realization that if he didn't keep that door wide open for Sam, they might lose the kid once and for all.

Very nicely done and very realistic and Sam does need to know someone is in his corner. Way to go for Bobby!
carocali chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
"So, here they were, the world’s best shot at stopping this war from totally annihilating all life on the planet: a cripple, a recovering addict with paralyzing guilt, and a POW with lingering PTSD and two armies gunning for him?

They were so screwed.

Bobby cleared his throat. “You know, the important thing is, you keep trying.”

“And what if I’m wrong?” Sam asked, fear lancing every word. “God, Bobby, how many of my mistakes can the world handle?”

“You’re not the only one that made mistakes,” Bobby said, frustration and pain tightening his words...

Sam snorted, his eyebrows peaked with incredulousness. He stood, moving to gaze out the window. Although, Bobby doubted he could really see anything through the night reflective glass.

“Believe what you want, but this ain’t all on you.”

This motley crew sure has a lot to deal with but trying to get past this guilt and ownership of the apocalypse has to stop. Sam is NOT the only one here to blame and I truly hope that they address this on the show. If not, I'm going to have to write fic, and that won't be pretty!

Thanks for sharing this with us and helping to ease a bit of the pain...

:D