Reviews for Selfish Surrender
X.summergrey.X chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
okay this was just so fucking sad. I don't read about this couple, i'm not sure why I did but that was really good in a heart breaking way.
I could really tell jasper didn't want to hurt Edward so much but I can see where hes coming from.
Isobelle Vaughn chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
It's sad that Jasper feels he doesn't deserve either of them. I suppose if he loves them equally, it would be hard on his psyche.
Great oneshot. Hoping it could have turned into more. Thanks!
xoxocullenluverxoxo chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
Aww! Why did he do that? I loved this story thoguh!
LaViePastiche chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
this was awesome. fuck it made me so sad!

brilliant idea though, jasper breaking up with edward to be with Bella. if it were anyone else i surely would have flipped, but still i was sad. i kind of wished they could be a little threesome, lol.

seriously though, heartbreakingly awesome breakup scene, that must have been fun (and difficult) to write.

ElleCC chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
I loved this. It broke my heart into 80 million pieces, but I loved it. The whole time I was reading it, I had LaViePastiche on gchat. Actually, what the hell, here's our conversation:

me: did you read Selfish Surrender?

LVP: no

me: ugh

it's really fucking sad

really well done

LVP: what's it about

me: jasper breaking up with edward

LVP: sad :(

me: yeah, she wrote the intensity of it incredibly well

LVP: cool

me: only 3500 words, if you need something to break your heart

LVP: oh yeah i would love that thank you

me: hahahaa

sometimes you need some heartbreak :)

Haha, that was fun! Anyway, as noted above, it was just SO INTENSE the entire way through. I almost died from it like 18 times, and then I cried a lot. I loved it, though, a lot.

Thanks so much for entering the contest!
pavlovsbell11 chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
God, this was beautiful.. and so sad my heart hurts. Question though: is he going to actually be with Bella? Or will he leave both of them?
OscarInTheCan chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Aww, I want nothing more than to find Edward and rock him in a corner somewhere. That was so sad. Damn Jasper. Damn Bella. (Though I am exceptionally happy that at least he wasn't leaving for Alice. That would have made me violent.) Damn Jasper. I just, I can't even...
raven1212 chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Wow that was really sad. I have to hate Bella on principle because anyone that comes between my boys I just have to hate.
SnowyHedwig chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
Amazing. So, because I'm sometimes extremely stupid, I want to make sue I understand this correctly. He's not going to be with eithe of them, right?

Crap, that's so sad! I truly loved this - the emotions between J&E were beautifully written, and it was so heartbreaking. Dammit, you made me cry!

Great job, good luck in the contest.
FuzzyUnrulyJellyfish chapter 1 . 10/15/2009
My heart is breaking for both of them.

Good Job!

Good Luck!
breathewithoutme chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
i love this, even though it brings me to tears every time i read it. Could you continue, and get edward and jasper back together?
MeiSun chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
:'(
starfish422 chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
GULPSOB. The angst! The unresolved angst. It ripped me open. This was so raw. You did a really good job.
Kendye chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
You made me cry! But it was really good.
Pastiche Pen chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
oh, you wrote sadness. which is brilliant cuz so few people do. anyhoo, i loved this. thanks for writing. :)