Reviews for Code Geass: Lelouch of the Second Chance
Mangham13 chapter 20 . 2/23
An absolutely brilliant story and a very unique way to continue the story of CG. I love what you've done to the story so far, and even though it's been years since you've updated this story, I look very much forward to the next Chapter if it ever comes.
Primus2021 chapter 20 . 2/22
love this fic, go LLxElB!
Squarekiddo chapter 2 . 2/18
This is just stupid, he can redo everything, he knows his Geass inside and out, yet his even more stupid now then before? why would he kill Clovis? make him a sleeper agent would be much better, simply command him.
And even if you wanted to kill him because he killed people (sigh, its war...) at LEAST command him to forget about Lelouch face, now Charles know everything again.
I could understand all this in the anime, but that he does it AGAIN when he got so much eperience is simply moronic, I PERSONALLY, could lead an attack better then that with all the info I have, and im a moron.
This is simply badly structured, dosnt make any sense, someone that dumb should not lead a rebellion.
SpheresofLonging chapter 20 . 2/18
Screw Suzaku the fanfic. I approve XD. To bad this seems to be dead, can never be enough fu Suzaku as far as im concerned.
Anthony00 chapter 20 . 2/4
nice fict
ilidio13 chapter 20 . 2/4
It ended as I expected...A dud in the end. Sigh.
Let's begin with what I liked the most: chapter 7 and 8; the clever way how Zero isolated Cornelia at Saitama and begun with his revelations about Geass. The following chapters slow reveals of more information were also good as well as the way Mao was dealt with. Those were the additions I've never read before and which I liked. The (very few) others I didn't not. As I said in the previous review, the author removed Suzaku and the Lancelot from the plot because of his personal preference without adding anything substantial. I mean, what he added was only to substitute what he had taken and at best it reset the value. I personally think it did not, not even close. Hence, this AU fic in general didn't add value to canon Code Geass which to me makes it belong in the 95% group of fics one should waste time on - like I did...
What could have been done differently for the best? I have a few suggestions. In terms of coherence, Suzaku should have either been killed, became a martyr, a lone wolf or in general a plot device for moving the story forward. Suzaku is an honorary britannian and those shouldn't pilot knightmares. After the first disastrous outing with the best KMF of Britannia wouldn't have been reasonable for him to executed for incompetence or come under suspicion for sandbagging and letting the terrorists go and essentially see his military career ruined? More, even if he kept piloting the Lancelot, after two or three failures wouldn't the project be called into question and outright ended or even led to an unprecedented and radical addition (possible unreliable) to the Lancelot which would allow him to either go out in flames and glory or simply be killed off? If one is going to marginalise a character, why does said character needs to in the story? Suzaku being kept for petty revenge gives the story a bad taste.
Now, the world of Code Geass is not static and it's reasonable to believe that Charles and Marianne and even V.V. to a certain extent kept Lelouch under surveillance. They also had access to the World of C and the people Lelouch killed. Wouldn't be reasonable to believe that they would act differently and become more hands-on with the aggressive way Lelouch moving and the allies he was getting. Going back, wouldn't be reasonable to believe that a proficient KMF ace like Marianne think there were foul play with the way Lelouch was dissecting each and every move of Suzaku and the Lancelot? In canon, Lelouch was able to do what he wanted until the older players decided enough was enough. In the supporting material (later published) it's mentioned that although Marianne and Charles wanted Lelouch in on the play, Marianne was wary of the way he was getting too smart, too early. And what I say about the royal couple is also valid for Schneizel. In short, this fic presents a different chess table with the pieces placed in a different way. Why is it reasonable to believe that the PM would act the same way, specially when his pet project is going south. Yeah, I'm back to Suzaku's bashing because it's really badly done without any thought spared to its consequences towards the plot. In essence, it truly ruins this fic for me. I understand that the author at the time of writing came from the craze of God-mode Naruto fics and decided to make a Code Geass version. Sadly, a Gary Sue is only interesting for a while and that's only when its sporting cast is great (and ideally he has a proper rival) and the world building of the fic is done right. On Lelouch of the Second Chance that hasn't been done. I'm sorry for the bad review, but this my opinion and I fully stand by it.
ilidio13 chapter 18 . 2/4
I will do a more detailed review on the last chapter published until now (ch. 20) but I have to say that the outcome of this chapter is exactly what I don't like about this fic and what I don't like in fics in general: you shouldn't bash characters, nor don't steal scenes from canon characters to give it to others, at least without adding anything meaningful. Suzaku and Lelouch dichotomy is one of the major themes of Code Geass and the fic's author dislike for Suzaku ruins the fic as far I'm concerned. I am not really a fan of Megiddo - too much Lelouch vs Suzaku centric, IMO- but this one in the other extreme of the spectrum. Megiddo at least adds a lot more, introduces plenty of characters and does quite a bit of world building. Yes, that's a compliment, to fic I don't like. This one does not I'm afraid. It could be so much better without such "gimmick".
Valiryo chapter 20 . 2/4
this was a good fic, a shame you seem to have lost interest in it.
Valiryo chapter 10 . 2/3
You clearly stated in an A/N that Jeremiah wouldn't have gone back in time as well, so yeah.. it's not a twist, or "mind fuck" as you called it.. it's a lie, plain and simple.
ilidio13 chapter 5 . 2/3
Why is this fic so highly rated? It's canon Code Geass with almost no changes! Even for an early big fic, I can't believe it has the quality for such a number of favourites and follows. Code Geass canon is good, but one can skim through this fic quite quickly and consequently, its words are not must read. Truly unexpected.
Mega Arcanine chapter 20 . 1/30
Awesome Fanfiction I had loved to read this fanfiction I know it's been a while that you have update it but I hope we can get a update
great fic

greattttttttttttttttttttttttttt
Great fic
Mega Arcanine chapter 3 . 1/27
I think I am late but grate story
Ciarle chapter 20 . 1/25
Really hoping you come back to working on this, the story is too good to just be thrown to the wayside.
2,547 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »