Reviews for Hypothesis
Hannah Lynn McDonald chapter 2 . 7/6/2014
Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow.

I loved this! I haven't seen *any* other stories where Caldwell is at least a secondary main character-and I've been looking for them. This was wonderful! I loved the story, and you wrote it so well. The characters, the emotions, the scenes-Sheppard-were all written realistically and with feeling. This was a pleasure to read.

Thank you so very much!
whitecat53 chapter 2 . 4/29/2014
Don't know if you're still using this site but anyway... This story is brilliant! So incredibly good! I couldn't stop reading it! Gonna go back and read it all again! So original and really well written! Love it!
Terry Kay chapter 2 . 2/1/2014
Excellent piece of writing! You've taken an unpopular viewpoint and through minutiae made very believable. Thank you!
Sylvery chapter 2 . 11/26/2013
I thoroughly enjoyed reading through this! It is put together so well and well done, I just had to say so!
HollyKalina23 chapter 2 . 9/17/2013
A truly amazing story. I had tears in my eyes when I read about Colonel Sheppard's treatment from the med staff and his fellow personnel. It truly disgusted me because I could really see it happening, even in real life. You definitely pulled at my heart strings with this story. Great job. The words 'You're Forgiven' are going to haunt me from this fanfic. I'm really glad that there was a happy ending to this. Colonel Sheppard is my favourite character on Stargate Atlantis and I really could see this story happening on the show. Everyone was in character, the plot line was thoroughly thought out and precise. Truly amazing work. Is there a sequel to this? I'd love to see how Sheppard handles his new anxiety in the field and the confrontation between him and McKay, and him and Ronon.
thewolf74 chapter 2 . 7/11/2013
This was a very good story. I'm glad that John was able to stay on Atlantis. Please write more Stargate Atlantis stories.
Sara chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Where to start, it was generally a good story, but with major flaws. I found it hard to swallow that medical personnel would behave like that, especially Beckett, totally out of character. Maybe one or two rogue doctors or nurses, but not an entire infirmary. Beckett would not have left him without a radio or water, he is the CMO at the end of the day. I could understand a rogue doctor telling Becket he would take of the Colonel after the fall, and then not bothering once Beckett was out of site, and the same doctor taking John to his quarters giving Beckett the impression that procedure had been followed. Beckett's character didn't deserve this treatment in the story.

The pool of blood ok, but the written message "your forgiven" was a huge no go, pious claptrap and so out of character for John. It would have been good for John's team to visit him when the initial request went through, it would have been interesting to see John's reaction, even if it was to give them the silent treatment.

The movie idea was a good way of people finding out the truth in one go. John's apology to Teyla was overkill and sickly, it was an opportunity for his whole team to see what their actions had done to him and apologise to him, not the other way round. Their treatment of him was appalling and It would have been good for them to know that he now had trust issues with them, as well as with the base military. The flight scene was well written and it was good to see Sheppard back to his old self whilst flying. Overall it had a lot of potential - I would like to see this re-posted, but with major changes.
blueday00 chapter 2 . 5/10/2013
it's manificent!
it would have been cool if you have written a sequel to this story!
loveinthemist chapter 2 . 8/24/2012
Interesting story, and very well written.
June Odyssey chapter 2 . 1/18/2012
This was absolutely amazing, you did an excellent job writing this! :)
Laura-trekkie chapter 2 . 10/12/2011
Ok, that explains things. I can certainly see why Rodney, Ronon and Teyla jumped to the wrong conclusion on that planet, but that doesn't make their actions acceptable. They made no effort to talk to John and get a proper explanation, and ok, John wasn't talking either, but I think his was the lesser transgression.

Once again, I loved how Caldwell and his team took care of John, showing nothing but support and concern even when John thought they should be throwing him in the brig. I particularly liked that Caldwell spent so much time with John and tried to draw him out.

It was a big relief when John got into the cockpit of the F-302. Caldwell was right to be dismayed when John refused, given how aware he was of John's love of flying. A love he has now experienced first hand after John put the little ship through some impressive paces.

I liked where you ended things- John's physically on the mend, but there was no magic fix for his friendships or his trust. He's talking with Teyla, Rodney and Ronon, but they are going to have to work hard to get things back to where they were.

The last line made me smile- there's the John we know and love :).
Laura-trekkie chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
Well, this first chapter has had me on the edge of my seat! I spent the whole chapter angry at John's suffering and how the whole expedition, all his friends, had turned their backs. I wondered what on earth John could've possibly done to warrant such treatment.

I was so relieved that Caldwell got there in time and did such a good job of investigating and charging the medical personnel, even if Carson did seem bewildered by what had happened and horrified at his lapses once the extent of John's injuries were revealed.

I'm very slightly molified by John's team and Lorne's reactions. None of the anger I expected from their treatment of John. No, instead, they were concerned, though a big part of me thinks it's too little too late.

And now John's dropped that bombshell! I can't wait to see what that's all about. Is it really as serious as he thinks, or has the shunning, bad treatment and loneliness made John's mind believe the whispers?

Off to part two...
clerical medical chapter 2 . 9/19/2011
Wow, what a roller coaster ride. The angst was so wonderfully well written - never overstated, never cliched. There were parts of this story that actually made me feel sick - and I mean that in a really good way. It went way beyond disturbing. And, as a bonus, you made me like Caldwell!
kookiemonster318 chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
I just wanted to let you know that I thought this was very well written, and that I think you captured the characters very well. I was frustrated at first with how Teyla and Ronon were acting but then the explanation came out and I could see it really happening, the only character I was saddened by was Beckett, but he too was explained. I really enjoyed it :)
sheppardlover928 chapter 2 . 3/17/2011
Hi I just read this story and first off, want to say it was a very good read. I thought you wrote it well and it really stirred up my emotions! I did have a problem with the story with how they all turned on John, especially his team, who know John and are suppose to have his back unconditionally...at the least I think Teyla would have come to John to find out the reasons for his action. It was hard to swallow that even Beckett ignored his hippocratic oath and dumped John, never checking on him again! Even acknowledging their "disgust" with John's decision on the planet-it was hard to believe that the infirmary team would ignore their profession and with gross negligence withhold help to a wounded and sick John. I dont know any medical professional who lets his personal feelings interfere with their professional care and I am in the healthcare field. The "spite" that all of the Atlantis members exhibited was so profound-which I think you did beautifully-but just cant buy it...I do, however, see John being so altruistic, but not so "Godly"..as to forgive everyone with his spilled blood...a little over the top! Thought your use of Caldwell was very good and supportive. I realise this is your story and I respect that-it was a good read overall