Reviews for The CMOs Daughter
Sherlockbondoned chapter 13 . 5/18/2013
UPDATE! I looooove this story!
mtcbones chapter 13 . 9/18/2012
good start hope you finish and i hope she and her dad get to be good friends he so needs her love too. she is all he has.
yeah.um.whoops chapter 13 . 4/13/2012
well...i stuck it out through the entire 13 chapters-with a lot of grimacing. wouldn't chekov be at least 10years older than joanna and therefore commiting statutory rape-which is something i don't think his character would do. your story has potential and that whole kirk with the barrier metaphor thing *awesome* but your main character is cliched and flat. also slightly prone to fickleness with an irritating lack of responsibility towards any of her actions which should be present in a character that claims to be independent.
Space-Case-Writer13 chapter 13 . 3/21/2011
All right. So As promised I have read and given some very hard thought to your story. Joanna is a sue, however I will give you props you have kept her consistent throughout. The whole romance between Pavel and Joanna, predictable, and unbelievable. What does he see in her? what does she see in him? Some character exposition and internal thought would be nice. As I mentioned before the characters are reading as flat. There is no underlying motivation behind any of them. Uhura reads as a jealous caddy bitch, and McCoy as an emotional basket case. You've kept Kirk pretty consistent, but he reads more like a whiny child than a captain of a Starship. Plot? Where is the story going? What is keeping the readers going? Is there anything other than lets see what stupid thing Joanna is going to do next to get her into trouble next? Is she going to redeem her relationship with her father? whats the deal with her mom? Why didn't her mom care that her step dad was beating her? More or less I'm asking why should I keep reading? You have the ideas, it just needs some serious development and exposition in the thought capacity behind the character's actions. As of right now the only people I do like is Scotty and Spock, but they both need a little more...development. What do they think of Joanna? Do they appreciate the fact that she's just barged in and is ordering everyone around. What does Jim think? And Why should she be given special privileges just because she's McCoy's daughter. I will admit that Uhura was right, why does she deserve to be aboard the Enterprise when she's done nothing to earn it. I will check back when you have posted more, and I'm sorry if this is a little harsh or hurtful, but it is my honest to god opinion. Joanna has a lot of potential but right now she's flat, predictable, and completely Mary-Sue, along with the rest of your cast of characters.

I hope you read my review with a pair of unbiased eyes and think about what I'm saying. If not, I wish you the best of luck with your writing ventures.

Space-Case-Writer13
Space-Case-Writer13 chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
Well, I applaud you for doing a Joanna fic as Joanna McCoy is one of the less acknowledged minor characters in canon and has little real coverage in either verses. However, as I began reading this first chapter I had my hopes rather slashed as Joanna slipped into the sue trap. Right off the bat, back talking Kirk, an blatant disrespect would not have been tolerated even if she was a juvenile delinquent. I do understand that everyone has their right to creative license, but the angry 17 year old is over done when there is no underlying reason. I guess what I'm trying to say is that its too much too soon. I will, however give this fic a bit of a chance and continue reading, but so far, it reads as predictable, and OoC for the canon characters. I wish you the best of luck and will continue reading.

Space-Case-Writer13
lizard chapter 13 . 9/9/2010
Aawwwwww! I really love this story.

Must hurry and finish typing review before i completely melt. That scene in the belly of the warp core was absolutely adorable. Please, please, please, update this!
AnimeSiren chapter 13 . 4/20/2010
Ack! That is the worst place to stop! lol

This is an exceptional story, I love the JoXChekov thing you've got going. Bones finding out is going to be freaking hilarious.

I can't wait for an update! Thanks for writing!
Krista chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Kirk is observant as always LOL. Poor little guys had to go through working when they had a hangover. Not the most fun experience. The last bit of the chapter so very cute. Kinda like puppy love though more mature. I wonder if McCoy will find out and do something to Jo? Or is she going to tell him?

Hmm...

Update soon :)
AniLovesMe chapter 13 . 4/5/2010
Aw! The fluff was lovely! It made me feel all warm and fuzzy )

The chapter was wonderful as always, and I really enjoyed it. I thought you did remarkably well with Kirk's character and how he figured things out. Wasn't expecting that bit of language, though.

Please update again soon!

Ani
Slone'sTravelDreamer chapter 13 . 4/5/2010
SO FREAKING CUTE! UPDATE SOON! PRETTY PLEASE!
fandemonium chapter 12 . 3/27/2010
Great chapter. I think it's really nice how you are developing the relationship between Chekov and Jo, and Jo and her dad.
Hikari Urania chapter 12 . 3/8/2010
HAHAHAH OMG that was so funny i can almost imagine it...Man if Dr. McCoy ever found out they would be dead. Everyone even Kirk because he let them have a shore leave...Dang funniest thing i've read in a long time!
AniLovesMe chapter 12 . 3/8/2010
Hahaha, this chapter is definitely awesome!

It's adorable at the beginning with Scotty and Jo and then McCoy. They are making more progress in their relationship .

Totally funny with the club scene. I liked it. I wouldn't wanna be in their position if McCoy and Kirk find out!

Please update again soon, I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

Ani
owlreader chapter 11 . 3/7/2010
Love this story! Jo's a hilarious character, and your story line seems to be pretty original. Please update soon! :)
Lady Merlin chapter 11 . 2/26/2010
this is really good. Normally I don't like JMc fics because she's a bit underdone and cliched, but this is pretty interesting. I'm impressed by how you've stuck to her original character, because most people can start their OCs off badass, then slip and make them into mary-sues, or start off with marysuebadasses in the first place. Neither instance is enjoyable. I like that Jim can identify with her, to a degree. Love that spock told her to read up on Jim. don't think she quite knows how well he understands, yet. (key word: yet). Loved the 'trust me. I know what I'm talking about' from Jim to McCoy in J coming to see him. I also think its an interesting idea that uhura would not like her (normally the OC and the only girl on the bridge become total BFFs) and the reason is actually plausible, even though I never had the opportunity to read uhura as a ruthless sorta career girl. It's good. I'm looking forward to more.

Love,

Lady Merlin

P.S. tarsus please? keep the hurt Jim coming, love. Keep 'im coming.