Reviews for Distant Hills
Polar chapter 8 . 3/10/2011
This story is fantastic!

Your portrail of the characters are really well done. I especialy enjoy when Ico and Yorda are trying to comunicate even though they speak different languages. Speaking of languages, the way you portray Yorda's language shows you put a lot of thought into it, it's brilliantly.

The story itself is a realy good insight on what happened to these lost souls after they escaped thier prison and how they cope and are naw trying just to live.

I've really enjoyed reading this and I look forward to when you finally update the next chapter.

Just one thing, whats with the stumps?
Bear D Polar chapter 8 . 2/2/2011
I love this story so for.

I can see you have done a lot of work on "Distant Hills" and I am really looking forward to the next chapter...when you eventualy update it.
V-departed chapter 8 . 1/28/2011
A fantastic story so far. Yorda and Ico's interactions early on were wonderful as their relationship grows between them, and now I'm looking forward to how it meshes with a civilization like the one they're heading into now.

The way Ico dodges out of the last cliffhanger was a very clever touch, him calling the woman out on her actions, and Yorda's leap to his defense shows an iron to her character that I look forward to seeing more.

Looking forward to the next, whenever you can manage it. Good job!

-Varanus
BukkakeNoJutsu chapter 8 . 12/19/2010
I'm hoping for a burgeoning tender Romance in upcoming chapters. Good work though so far.
KTWizard chapter 8 . 12/17/2010
I'll admit that this is not as up to par as Chapter 4 or 6, my two favorites, but it is still a very interesting method of showing the relationship between Yorda and Ico. But I do have to say, she picked up almost TOO quickly on Ico's words.

I know she has an affinity for understanding, but it doesn't hold much ground when hearing an entire sentence and grabbing the meaning when she was struggling just hours before.

Regardless, this is still extremely well done, and I'm glad you wrote it. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and I hope to read more.
The Genius Mage chapter 8 . 12/17/2010
AN EARLY CHRISTMAS HAS HIT ME. XD Thank you so much for updating, this is wonderful, as always!

I love how you write Yorda. She has so much character and her interactions with Ico are flawless. I think you just took the game and expanded epically on it. This is, definitely a fave story of mine!
KTWizard chapter 7 . 12/14/2010
Amazing, Splendid, Superb, and even a rare word from me, Flawless.

You really have crafted a story that is so intuitive, so thought out, so in depth that it is literally impossible to not feel something for both Yorda and Ico. The past you have shaped is a perfect match for him, misunderstood words between the two creating the most flawless kind of tension that is so rare it is enshrined when found.

I cold go on with these, but I'll end it were I must. You have an excellent hand in this craft, and I look forward to more, and I certainly do hope, pray, wish, there will be more.
Hitomi Hyuga chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
I am absolutely appalled at how few reviews this story has. This is a beautiful story, and it should be more appreciated, in my opinion. Your descriptions are flawless, not to mention your use of stream of consciousness. I hope to continue reading it!
BukkakeNoJutsu chapter 7 . 11/27/2010
A great story so far, but that is a pretty brutal cliffhanger.
ss3dj chapter 7 . 8/20/2010
So happy you put out another chapter, though why oh why must it be a cliff hanger? Can't wait for the next one :)
meg chapter 7 . 8/16/2010
I love how you've spent time creating background for this-it adds so much depth to the story.

The story is very suspenseful, which is good becuase it keeps the reader engaged and it leaves me wanting to read more at the end of each chapter.

I think that a glossary for Yorda's language/vocab isn't neccessary, since you translate everything and explain it at the end. I was also wondering how you came up with her language and what language you based it on (if any).
The Genius Mage chapter 7 . 8/15/2010
Again, your writing style? Freaking awesome! You have a very...fluid and interesting way of writing, it's marvelous. I don't use that word often, marvelous, but you sure as heck deserve it!

Now then, let's see here...Yorda has went and got them in trouble. Unintentionally, of course, but now Ico is in danger (again) because she stated his name without understanding what it meant. If I were him, I'd try to explain right off the bat that "Horned Boys" are not welcome in society. He'd feel like lower than dirt in her presence, but it'd avoid such things as...um...yeah. Knives to the throat. XD

Yorda parroting languages is perfectly all right. No big deal. The fact that she didn't immediately understand the difference between "My First" and "My Third" as titles of sorts makes it more realistic. Maybe she just has a good memory? Also, the fact that you stay consistent with Yorda's language is very, very impressive.

Then we have the glossary. Ah...only if you want to add it, I, personally, could probably get along without it.

To addresss the ending of this chapter...cliff-hangers are MEAN. XD You jerk. *pouts* But he can't die this early in the story (I've said this before on another story, and the hero DID. 0_0)

Yeah. Moving on. Great chapter! Thank you so much for updating, you're an awesome person. Hehe. I hope you do another real soon! I haven't played this game actually, but it's not hard to understand. I played Shadow of the Collossus. P
The Genius Mage chapter 6 . 8/10/2010
Ah, I've read it all, and I'm sad to see this is it so far! You have a few typos here and there throughout the story, but it really is a fantastic, gripping tale you have going here. The detail is spectacular! Breathtaking! You do it so well, I...I'm envious. 0_o

Wo0o0o boy. You need to update, like, ASAP. For real. Stories this epic should not be left unfinished.
The Genius Mage chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
I only read the first chapter, and already I am simply captivated by your writing style. It's freakin' awesome. Everything was perfect, EVERYTHING, and I really, really, REALLY hope you continue this!
Eddy chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
Man I love the detail and raw emotion you used, I felt like crying when i read this. Do you write actual books? I would love to read any other book or story you have written. The only thing I have to say about this is flawless and gripping. I'm surprised how well your first chapter grabbed at my attention and let me tell you I wish to become as good as you.
56 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »