Reviews for Blinded by the Light
Fireman Phil chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
I kind of avoided looking at this because I was confused enough with what Kripke & Co. have been serving up for us. I wasn't sure if adding another protagonist would help or hinder.

It would seem that you have placed the Trickster at a level equal to or higher than the angels (and certainly the demons).

I'm less sure where you see the Trickster in relation to God. I consider that to be important, because Kripke's use of God is, in my opinion, a significant and dangerous flaw with this story.

I suppose you considered that your apparent ranking of God might place you in danger of eternal damnation. Right? You did think about that possibility, didn't you? Or are you banking on God having a sense of humor?
renay421 chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
Interesting idea. The other day I saw a thing on who should play God and I kinda wondered about the idea of the trickster being God. This story would kinda work to that end
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
O. I really like the idea that The Trickster (ie. a demigod) was behind Sam and Dean's 'transport' - and for the reasons you gave. If only...

Loved, too, that it was written from the Trickster's perspective. This was a perfect illustration of his character: "Let me be clear: I don’t really have a stake in this whole Armageddon thing one way or another but I can tell you that I do enjoy teaching lessons, an old-fashioned schooling if you will - especially if you’re an indignant prick. If humans were wiped off the face of the earth, what would I do? Pull the feathers from angels? Throw holy water on demons? That gets old really fast. Been there, done that."

Hee. Although watching him pull feathers from angels' wings might be fun! *g*

I really loved that the Trickster understood Sam's intentions re Dean - oh, and his description of Dean: "That Dean? What a character. Comedian through and through. Gotta love the guy though – thinks he’s God’s gift. Oh wait; I guess he kinda is." *snort* And all the Dean girls go wild!

Yummy food for thought!

Cheers, Sculls
Nana56 chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
Very interesting concept. I think the idea of the trickster being a part of saving them is a good one...something he might do.

I think we're in for a very interesting ride this season and I'm all strapped in.

Loved it! :)
spnMom chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Wow, I haven't heard that one... Boy, that would be great! I love the Trickster! If it was God, that means that he could have stopped the apocalypse... Maybe Zach was doing what was destined...
Madebyme chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Just a quick message to let you know that I'll have to put this fic to one side for now. I have no idea when series 5 is airing in the UK and I fear I may have a long wait :-(

So I will come back and take a read when I'm all caught up - I may just download the episodes instead of waiting for them to air on TV! Take care and I hope the series is living up to expectations (although it's still early days). Abbi.x
HarvestMoonChild chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
Love it Love it Love it. Have to say so far it makes more sense that the trickster was out saving the boys then god suddenly stuck his head in the door for 30 seconds and then get distracted like a kitten with a shiny toy!
TraSan chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
Hey, C!

You know I adore your writing and how much I love having you back again (in spite of yourself). LOL.

You channeled the Trickster's voice and speech perfectly. Hee. The blend of irony, mischieviousness, self-centered, self-pleasing demigod.

Let me be clear: I don’t really have a stake in this whole Armageddon thing one way or another but I can tell you that I do enjoy teaching lessons, an old-fashioned schooling if you will - especially if you’re an indignant pr*ck. If humans were wiped off the face of the earth, what would I do? Pull the feathers from angels? Throw holy water on demons? That gets old really fast. Been there, done that.

But humans? They are unpredictable, always evolving. Fascinating to observe and manipulate. Way more fun to fool around with. So I guess I’d like them to stick around a little longer. That’s just me being selfish, I guess.

And now it seemed that the fate of the world was riding on these two brothers.

Love the self-assured snark in that passage, his clear motivation, and how he recognizes Sam and Dean are the best hope at stopping the war. It's perfect.

So many nice touchpoints in here for the guys.

Awesome!
Phx chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
Interesting theory. Personally I hope it's not the Trickster because I love the idea that Sam was worth being saved, along with Dean. To me that implies he has more purpose than just the dark ones the YED set out of him. And while I think it is interesting and could be the Trickster, it also makes me sad if it were. If it was the Trickster than Sam being saved for amusement purposes rather than because he's a good person is mute.

I do like the Trickster's voice in this. I thought you caught his POV very well and his twisted sense of humor. He is a very powerful player and a lot of fun for a bad guy.

Excellent job, lady! And definitely worth more than two cents.
geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
Fantastic! I adore the Trickster's voice...so very perfect! And I can see him thinking exactly these thoughts. In the end, he's completely out for himself, but he has his preferences. You are on a roll with the posting, girlie! Keep it up!
angeleyenc chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
that is very interesting... i mean i think it was an act of god. but i never would have guessed.. awesome!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
Heh heh. While I love the idea of the Trickster being involved somehow in saving the boys from the convent, to be honest I'm hoping it's God. Because if that's true, if God saved Sam and healed him of his blood addiction withdrawal, then it meand Dean might be having a hard time forgiving his brother, but God certainly isn't.

I'm still not sold on the whole 'suicidal' Sam idea. Self-destructive, yeah, but that's a whole other thing to suicidal. Sam's too strong to take the easy way out, even when he's broken and lost and thinks everyone and everything in the world, Heaven and Hell hates him.

Oh and I don't think the boys were 'zapped' from the plane to the rental car. I think the plane landed, they got off, and hired a rental car at the airport. I'm not quite sure why everyone's so hung up on that part of the episode!

I did like this story though - you did a great job with the Tricksters 'voice' and his sense of whimsy. And yeah, torturing Lucifer would be the ultimate in bullying a bully don't you think?
friendly chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
awesome job.. have I told you lately how excited I am that you are posting again...lol
Thorny Hedge chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
*smacks the Trickster around, just 'cause* :)
Gabi2305 chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
This story is hilarious. I had to laugh all the time because your phrasing is so ironic. So the Trickster saved them? I like this idea a lot more than that some angel or God did it.

Good job.