Reviews for Stranger at the Gates
Eiladwyn chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
This is lovely )

I've never really thought about how Galadriel and Aragorn first met.

Nice job!
acacia59601 chapter 2 . 9/30/2009
Great chapter, and beautiful story! Well done!
JuliaAurelia chapter 2 . 9/30/2009
Aw, Galadriel! It's decided for good. Don't worry, this is true love about to happen, and that doesn't happen every day!
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
This is lovely, Linda!
Deandra chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
I don't think I've ever read a story about the first meeting between Galadriel and Aragorn. Clearly they must have known one another, given the circumstances, and the movies would have us believe they are well-acquainted (I've just started reading the books to find out the true facts).

This seems a credible view of that initial meeting between them.

- Deandra
Virtuella chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
Sorry, my mistake for not looking at the status. No wonder it feels incomplete if it isn't complete!
Tia Paes chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
I think this was a great story but I don't think your characterization of Galadriel was quite right. Being so ancient, I'm sure that she would have first judged him on his soul then his appearance. It was a good story though...
Animekitty47 chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
Such a nice Galadriel description! XD
Virtuella chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
I was reminded of your recent remark that Aragorn "scrubs up well," and I'm sure that's what Galadriel will find.

This is a good way of showing a culture clash, and it is entirely plausible that even Galadriel would at times be tempted to judge by appearances. Sweet touch of humour that she is asking for air fresheners once Aragorn has left the room. ;-) I think that was my favourite moment in this fic.

I thought the end of the story felt a bit sudden. While we can easily imagine the "course she could now take," I think it would have been more satisfying if there had been a little glimpse of said course - something involving bath salts, maybe? Just a thought. ;-)
JuliaAurelia chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Very good-you have done a good job with Galadriel in particular.
Sarahbarr17 chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Great little one-shot.

Galadriel then gives him the Elven clothes, doesn't she? So that when Aragorn next sees Arwen he looks more like an Elven lord than a scruffy mortal. And Arwen's doom is decided...

Hugs,

Sarah x
Elenothar chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Great vignette! I liked Galadriel's musings and your discription of Aragorn.
Silivren Tinu chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
I greatly enjoyed this story in the Teitho contest! I loved the way you described Galadriel and her inner conflict and fears here. It must have been so hard for her to come to terms with the fate that would await her beloved granddaughter if she were to marry a mortal.
28 | « Prev Page 1 2