Reviews for The Warrior Is a Child
Talath Amanya chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
This was very well done. It was a more grim, somber Estel fic, and honestly, it was nice for a change. Definitely a keeper. Congratulations on a job well done :)
Fayet chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
Very well done. I could see it in front of my eyes.
The Pearl Maiden chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
Wow. That was a great story. The ending was superb.

Brava!
chisscientist chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
The horror of war... yes. And I know what you mean about people not wanting to talk about it in fiction. I write a lot of Star Wars fanfic, much of it from the point of view of an imperial officer who doesn't much like Palpatine's policies. It is hard to find a balance - I am always afraid I will end up glorifying war, which is rediculous considering how opposed I am to the vast majority of wars in real life. The glamour of mythical war is seducive, so long as the suffering is not real.

A very thought-provoking story on a difficult subject. Nicely done.
LisaG16 chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Heart wrenching, but very appropriate to the type of child Aragorb is, molded by his upbringing with the elves, a very caring and non-violent race. I liked that the great warrior Glorfindel was the one to consol poor Aragorn.
Agena K chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
I love this. Le hannon Mellon nîn, for such a wonderful bedtime story.

Losto Mae

Agena
Faerthurin chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
Very affecting tale. I love the bit about Eärendil.
ellfine chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
This is good. You have taken a very tough subject and dealt with it well.
Fearful oNo One Save the Dark chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
I did enjoy reading this.

You wrote on a topic that I want to read more about but find little on the subject of.

War definitely is ugly. If only we see that more often these days.
Deandra chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
Very moving piece. Warriors are not born, they are made and the making can be difficult and painful - just as you've described here. War and fighting seems glorious and wonderful until you see the "face" of death on the person you've slain.

The original Star Trek TV series did an episode on how two planets had so sanitized their war that people were notified they were a "casualty", and they faithfully went off to a death chamber. It was all neat and tidy. Kirk and crew came along and gave them back the horror of war, to inspire them to seek answers to their differences rather than to continue indefinitely this clean, but deadly, war. The horror is often the only thing that will inspire peace.

Very well done!

- Deandra
Guest chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
Okay, um...my first review.

What to say? Well I guess I liked it. You gave me alot to think about. I wish Gilraen were in this story, but anyway, it was nicely written.

I think I'll make an account and starting favoriting. Yeah.
Mary chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
You made me cry but in a good way haha.

Good thing Glorfindel is here to help Aragorn.

Great story!
Mirach chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
When you are a child, you want to grow up quickly... and when you do, you miss the times when you was a child. But it is uncomarably difficult in such times, and for one of such pure heart like Estel. It must be a horrible experience, and you really managed to convey all those emotions.
TheTTYLgal chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
I'm bawling my heart. So sad but touching.
Jedi Sapphire chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Read it again and loved it again. I really, really like the way you write Glorfindel.