Reviews for Second Best Isn't So Bad
lily moonlight chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Hey! I got the reference :D Fabulous! Happy to see a new story from you; and am hoping also for updates on other stories too - your NY people need you as well :D I did enjoy this though, very much. It was so much fun, and a real cheer-up. REally like how you write these two, and the ending was fabulous! 'Smokin' hot' XD Oh, and poor Booth in his coma-induced dream world, with a better wardrobe, that was great! Great details of character here as always with the thing about the shirts and how Bones feels uncomfortable with the knocking fists. Great as always!
Hermytwin027 chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Nice job :) Following from how they were in the episode, I'd say this is very believable! Gotta say too, that I'm impressed with how quickly this story (along with other 5x1 themed fics) popped up. Only just got to watch it online this morn, so when I searched, I assumed no-one would've gotten round to writing any yet...

Anyways, thanks for this - it's a cute way for them to tie up loose ends from the episode!
DoctorSweets chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
So cute and fun! This would've fit perfectly into the show.
Klutzygirl33 chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Great fic. I loved the ending so much.
RedSwirl99 chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Your dialogue is always so genuine. I have absolutely no problem hearing them say everything you've written for them.

I hope you don't hate me for this, and I only point this out in case you care about little nit-picky things... but there's a spelling error near the beginning:

"Booth laughed, only slightly uncomfortable with the though of Brennan buying clothes for him."

I think you mean "thought" instead of "though".

Yay for Bones being back! I haven't actually watched the new episode yet (it's on my DVR) but I think I understand this fic really well. You gave enough context for me to "get it".

And now... off to watch the actual episode!
Mythical Spirit chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
“You know, I don’t think your life is that bad, Booth. You’ve got a good job, a great kid, and me. And though I’m not your wife, I am smokin’-hot.”

Oh Brennan. lol

Great oneshot!
csimesser1 chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
that was great loved it
MorgieSan chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
This was a perfect follow up! I loved Brennan's last comeback, it was as good as Booth quietly thanking her for the gum in "Santa In The Slush".
piper maru duchovny chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
DANA!

WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME ABOUT THIS!

LOVE IT?

I DO!

WIN YOU ARE!

CAPS DO NOT FULLY EXPRESS MY FANGIRLY SQUEES

LOVE
DarkArts27 chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
Oh my god! Even though I was unable to watch the ep, your synopsis was brilliant :) This was hilarious! I mean seriously, where have you been (okay, I know, the NY fandom kidnapped you :P ), I've missed your Bones pieces :) Those last lines had me in stitches :D

You never cease to amaze, and as always, this was brilliant ;) 3 it all!

T-rif.
MistressDarkness chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
aww I loved it! especially Booth's "fried chicken and steamed rice." it fit perfectly :) great job
rt4ever chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
Haha. That was great. Totally perfect addition to the episode. Awesome work.
Mara look-a-like chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
LOL very nice. I honestly can not wait to see what happens this season. That I Love you in an attagirl kind of way was kind of annoying even thought I knew that he was going there.
Kerrison chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
More!

Please?
TheLifeILive chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
That was terrific!

I loved tonight's ep and this was a wonderful tag. I felt bad for both of them at the end though, but it had some terrific moments.

I loved Brennan at the end, telling him that his life's not so bad, that he's got her. That was sweet.

Haha, nice slip up. Glad she caught it. They're right, she is pretty darn hot lol.

Great dialogue.

I hope this gets to you. My account's been so messed up lately. If you reply I probably won't get it. Stupid .

Anyway, fantastic job!