Reviews for This Time Was Different
Jenn1984 chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
I'm definitely going to rec this story to a few people. This was powerful.

It killed me when Dean let Sam just walk away. You've done such an awesome job getting inside his head, showing us the tortured man within.

And can I just stop for a minute and thank you for an incredible way of describing the "blow up" that pushed Sam towards Stanford. Because yeah, that's exactly how I can see it playing out. No fists, just words. Wonderful.

Thanks for a great tag. I'll definitely be reading more.
godsdaughter77 chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
Great oneshot and thank you for helping tie me over until the next episode.
Realhuntress chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
Loved this! That last scene of the epi was heartbreaking, and a little more insight into Dean's state of mind was...*sniff*...well, very much desired!
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Beautifully written!

You wrote this:: ...but after that night Sam was knifed in the community bathroom (for twelve dollars and change), they slept in the Impala when there was no money for a motel

X

A story within a story - I adore that - would so love to see you write that story! I am intrigued...dying to read that.

Hint hint!

Be well,
mahlia chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
I absolutely loved this. Both positive and bittersweet at the same time. Nice work. :)
Faye Dartmouth chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Wow, this line:

Maybe that's what he was doing now...give Sam enough rope, and let him hang himself.

That's EXACTLY what Dean's doing and it's exactly why I just cannot look at that separation last night and see it as a mature, mutual, good decision. Sam's brokenness was so raw and Dean gave him nothing. His lack of compassion is astounding and I know he's been through a lot, but I can't bring myself to feel sorry for him just now.

And poor Sam.

I have no other words.
wcfan chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
I love how you connected past and present events so seamlessly. And that you wrote Dean's concerns with Sam leaving this time the way you did. "That reminded him:"

Really nicely written.
masondixon chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
That scene was the one thing I did not like about the episode. Yes, I know Dean has major- and necessary- trust issues with Sam right now. And Yes, I know Sam has major worry and doubt issues with himself. So one episode apart may not necessarily be a bad thing. But it was the way the two parted that did not hit me right. When Sam and Dean fought and Sam told Dean that "You don't know me" speech and Dean told Sam the "If you walk out that door" statement, the anger and the pain and the fear really shouted out along with the words and the looks between the two. In this case I felt none of that; actually very little emotion at all. I didn't like it because no matter how far apart the two have become Dean still views Sam as his little brother and he loves him more than anything. For him not to show any emotional hesitancy about Sam leaving, well for me, that seemed to hollow Dean out too much. And it didn't work for me.

Your story was much better because it did show the doubt and fear and worry running through Dean as he watched his little brother walk away from him. That's the Dean I love and I wish they had written just a bit of that into the episode. Thank You for your story.