Reviews for The Sons of Thunder
terehsa chapter 46 . 7/22
beatiful history
Lotrfn chapter 2 . 6/14
I love how Legolas speaks to Gimli of his fears here. You write their dialogue with each other so well.
Lotrfn chapter 1 . 6/14
I have always thought that Legolas's resolve to go on with Aragorn and risk hearing the gulls is one of the bravest things he ever did. He gets little credit for it in the book. He had no definite idea of the prophecy of Galadriel-it could portend his imminent death, it could mean Mirkwood was destroyed and he had no home to return to or it could mean he would succumb to the sea longing-all terrible ends for him. But he doesn't waver.
His loyalty to and love for Aragorn is so apparent on this part of the book and it is such a sacrifice on his part. I don't think the others, except perhaps Gimli (Aragorn later-he is too burdened here) realize the enormity of this. Legolas knows the risks. The sea longing would have to remain unfulfilled because he has formed such a deep bond with his companions that he cannot leave them behind, despite the hardship of denying the call of the sea. It's a major reason why he is one of my favorite characters.
UnnamedElement chapter 46 . 3/11
And at last I have come to the end.. And what an end it was! It seems legolas and elrohir have found a kind of healing that works for their own particular needs .

There are so many things I loved about this chapter, and I can't enumerate them all, but I'll do a few.

1) elrohir and legolas' conversation, in which legolas pointed out that rape is rape, regardless of species, and that the crime is in the action itself. That was a very redeeming moment for me in their relationship, and helped elrohir to confront his darkness
2) the strangely perfect tension that is Imrahil and elladan, the twisting of the choice from one brother to the other-well done thematically!
3) the way your write legolas and gimli among the youngest hobbits continues to be absolutely fantastic. If you wrote a scene about those 4 washing their socks it would probably still end up on my favorites list.
4) legolas' manners are oddly charming. I just wrote a scene for something in which legolas complains about gondorian etiquette-it's apparently a tempting thing to imagine!

I'm sure there is more I could say, but I seem to have temporarily run out of words. Thank you for sharing your story with the world! I'm looking forward to reading the rest.
UnnamedElement chapter 45 . 3/11
This was a powerful and stunning chapter. I loved everything about it, but most especially the scene with legolas and gimli in the tent before they departed, and then the scene in ithilien between gandalf and legolas. Absolutely beautiful. Such a powerful look at the prospect of life after war.
UnnamedElement chapter 40 . 3/10
I love the concept of annan-breitho. Also, the choice to emulate the thee/thou of the Mouth of Sauron was great and so well done. It feels like we are moving toward an ending, of sorts, and I look forward to finding out what this AU has in store.
UnnamedElement chapter 36 . 3/10
I loved the part at the beginning about the ambush. Great dialogue!

As a social worker, I really want to refer Elrohir and Legolas to separate "healthy relationship" classes, and probably trauma therapy, right about now. Legolas perhaps needs to change his expectations for how he deserves to be treated, and Elrohir should perhaps find a way to not be violent. Perhaps he has, though. We shall see! He is so dark and complicated; I can't say I like him, but I also don't dislike him (even though there are many moments when I do hate him for reprehensible acts). It makes me uncomfortable, and that is good writing.

The scene in which legolas and elrohir were come upon by the nazgul in the last chapter (I think?) was very well done. I loved how elrohir became aware of his behavior, and that he began to think about the line between desire, consent, and rape.

Ok, I'm done with being a social worker for now, but you're addressing some very important topics and I couldn't help myself!

Looking forward to finding out what happens next.
UnnamedElement chapter 20 . 3/9
I understand now why Cheekybeak recommended this series to me. Your portrayal of Elladan and Elrohir is fascinating. I have enjoyed how you have expounded on the contrast between the elvish cultures, especially since so much of what we know of elf culture is from the Noldor, or clans of the First Age-great intrepretation. And I can't help but think of Legolas as a silmaril or some other prized object in this chapter-wild and bright as you write him-driving the Noldor to madness, as once they were. Something came undone in Elrohir, I think, when he found Celebrian. And I can only hope he redeems himself soon. Loved the last paragraph of this chapter.
UnnamedElement chapter 18 . 3/9
I loved the scene between Pippin, Merry, Legolas, and Gimli-those four are a weakness of mine! I love how you slipped your scenes into 'the last debate' so absolutely seamlessly. Great use of existing dialogue, and diction from the narrative. It brings this absolutely to life!

Aragorn and gandalf's conversation in the last chapter (I think) was very well done, and a bit redeeming for aragorn, I think!
UnnamedElement chapter 8 . 3/8
I am truly reveling in the depth of lore woven into this story. It is a such a joy to read. Wonderful pacing, as well.
UnnamedElement chapter 1 . 3/8
I finished Deeper than Breathing last night and was excited to move on to the next in the series (I have decided to read them by publish date)-I was not disappointed! Your writing is so strong and your characters' voices so clear. I am really enjoying Gimli's third-person insight. Your humor is subtle and well-done, and I can already see relationships and conflicts developing that I imagine will come into play in future chapters. The attention to detail is appreciated, as well as the believability of how you are playing with canon-it feels very real, in a way that sometimes fan fiction does not, as if I could almost smell the yellowed vanilla pages of my copy of LotR (in other words, classic!). I look forward to reading the rest of this story! Thanks for writing.
Nako13yeh chapter 46 . 9/11/2015
FINALLY I FREAKING FINISHED THIS! OMG... this was slowly killing my heart and you're practically the only one I've read so far that has made a twist on Legolas being the one who takes on lovers rather than The twins... xD which is to say that it really caught me.. Legolas, I can't describe, but he's so... so... I don't know the word for it! XD omg... he's so predator-like... and gosh, it just scares me how different you portray him and how open he is to rude jokes and messy eating, so different from what everyone usually portrays him as (which is the quiet polite type) But I like it! X3 It's a twist, a play of character and an interesting change! :3 LOVE IT!

Gonna read the next one!
Nako13yeh chapter 27 . 9/10/2015
I've been reading non-stop for HOURS now... omg.. the suspense! YOU'RE SO GOOD WITH IT! Ugh. the darkness in Elrohir, the Lustiness of Legolas and gaaahhh, i just can't... you describe their pain, their darkness and hatred so well that it's so overpowering and overwhelming, my heart LOVES it! XD I've been looking for a story like this for MONTHS now! and finally... FINALLY by sheer luck i have found one! XD Thank you~~~

Anyways, i shall continue on, for my heart cannot handle the stress these characters are put to. On to the next chaptterrr!
thranduil's wife chapter 4 . 8/17/2015
This chapter was so funny
triolet chapter 46 . 5/20/2015