Reviews for The Whips and Scorns of Time
machievelli chapter 1 . 8/26/2014
Posted July 29 2014, at the Starwarsknights web site and the Lucasforums Coruscant Entertainment Center in my The Critic's Two Cents.

1 Year Post TSL: The Exile finds Revan, but not where she expected

First, when Henry Stanley went in search of Dr. Livingstone in Africa, he faced the same problem. At the time, Africa was mainly an unknown, with little or nothing recorded about the region he intended to enter. All he had is, as Carl Sagan commented about the era of exploration, 'traveler's tales'. Look at the accounts of explorers where they merely drew a line on their map, and marked 'unexplored' on one side of it.

There are regional wines and beers primarily because they could no longer get the drinks they remembered from home. So having the bartender even know what a specific ale is would be like leaving the original 13 American Colonies heading west, crossing the Mississippi, finding a Spanish Mission in present day California, and expecting them to have a French Bordeaux from a specific vintner. Oh there would probably be something called a Bordeaux available, but it wouldn't be the same, which is why there are wines of that name bottled in South Africa, the Napa Valley, Argentina, and Australia.

The meeting with Revan was a bit of a letdown for me. Part of my problem is that I have a lot of knowledge about history, and the scene itself was confusing. If the True Sith were all powerful, waiting to face them makes little or no sense.
bradwart chapter 4 . 2/10/2013
Well, it has been several years now, and I apologize for disappearing after a while.

This ended spectacularly. While I, of course, prefer the first epilogue, the second is also splendid. A fine end to a fine story.
Lui chapter 4 . 2/13/2012
Wow snap, that was some story. Very, very interesting picture you painted of Revan. Loved it!
Elanor chapter 4 . 3/9/2011
When I first started reading this story, I wasnt sure what to expect. But from the first chapter on you have truly written a Revan the way I have imagined him to be, in my thoughts. The struggle, the tight control of his speech, his darkness and yet not - beautiful. Thank you for this wonderful story :)
Princess Ashira chapter 4 . 12/3/2010
I'm a sucker for a happy ending, and save for the few typos (which I'm really, frustratingly adept at finding) this was a well-written story. I have to admit, even the sad ending still has the Exile back with Atton, which is all I could really ask for.
Kingsdaughter613 chapter 2 . 3/22/2010
Please continue. I realy enjoy this.
Indurrago chapter 2 . 12/19/2009
Forgive me but YES! YES! Once I got into Kotor series I wondered what it would be like for those two to be in a fanfic together.
Kendoka Girl chapter 2 . 10/26/2009
A wonderfully descriptive chapter! Again, I'm so glad that you're back. :D

I loved how you portrayed Revan's strategy of patience as well as his philosophy.

Nice, sharp fight scene too.
Ruusu chapter 2 . 10/11/2009
It's great. Hope you update soon.
lazyguy90 chapter 2 . 10/2/2009
Wow, excellent work on this. Fantastically done, I look forward to your next update. Keep up the good work.
Belisante chapter 2 . 10/1/2009
For a first-timer writing in first person is brilliant! And no you haven't slipped up anywhere because the one thing it was that the story flowed, hitting dialogue and passages just right to wrap up a really good storyline. Now I can tell you that in my opinion your style of writing far exceeds many other fan fics I've read, so you should be proud. I cannot wait for the next chapter, keep the good work up.

~Liv (Gwynedde)
bradwart chapter 2 . 10/1/2009
Very good. Interesting to think of Revan losing his resolve, but with his reasons I find it hard to blame him. I don't think you slipped up anywhere.

Can't wait for the third chapter!
Kendoka Girl chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
This was really, really griping and I enjoyed reading it immensely. You have a gift for succinct writing that makes the story tight and edgy. It's immensely good to see you back. :D
Belisante chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
Your description of the chapter is far more complex than what I can accomplish, I'm hooked.
bradwart chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Interesting choice for a POV. A good story, and a good characterization of Revan and the Exile, as well as any relationship they might have had. I look forward to the rest!