Reviews for Sunshine
sullhach chapter 1 . 9/5/2015
Oops, she should have been called Artanis or Nerwen; the epesse Galadriel was offered by her future husband Celeborn, after! she left Aman, so sorry...
fantasychica37 chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
Kudos for admitting your mistakes! And "Sunshine"... ROFLMAOOOOOO!
Anki-Shai chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
Either way, I think this was brilliant and I can imagine this actually happen in their first encounter which will make their future relationship the kind of relationship it was.
scf chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
Very sweet - quite liked it!
HaMalka HaLevana chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
Well, it is indeed a lovely story.

I'd like to point out another thing: Galadriel is the name Celeborn has given her. Her father name was Artanis, and her mother name was Nerwen. As names are gifts from parents or lovers, she couldn't have been Galadriel before they were lovers.

Also, Olorin wasn't Mithrandir (or Gandalf) before he arrived to Middle Earth.

Apart from that, I love your writing!

Thanks fr sharing!

The White Queen
Freawaru chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
VERY cute!
Hiro-tyre chapter 1 . 6/23/2004
I shall add to the list of errors; likely you know this by now (it having been, oh, 2 and a half years, but I get a kick out of pointing errors out to people...

I swear I'm not a horrible person...

'Galadriel' does not mean Sunshine. It means either "Maiden crowned with a garland of light" or "Tree woman," the former being more likely. However, since it was Celeborn who named her thus, it could really be either.

Oh! Another one! (Or two, as it turns out)... in Valinor, the elves don't/didn't measure time in solar years or decades, since a) the sun didn't exist yet, and b) A solar year is rather brief for them. They rather tended to measure in yeni, which is the equivalent of 144 years. The original point that I was going to make is that a decade old is, I think (I can't be totally positive) far too young in an elf's life span to have the character and ability that Galadriel is displaying. She acts like a human ten year old would, when I believe the age is comparable to our... three... I think. Maybe two.

Since I have hitherto sworn that I am not a bad person, I will also comment that this fic is very sweet. I like the interaction between Nerwen and Olorin very much. Even the formidable Galadriel was, after all, once a child.

Oo! Oo! I found another error!

(You must know all of this by now. Really. Just stop reading if I bother you)

G claims that she will vanquish Morgoth's servants. Morgoth is not named as such now, (Feanor does this sometime around the rape of the silmarils) nor does he, at this point, have any servants whom those in Valinor would know about. I doubt that she would even know about Melkor, really, since at this point he is all chained up in the Void, thinking about what he's done wrong.

Oo! Oo! (I can hear you groan. GOMEN! I just... can't help myself...)

How do you compromise your youthful depiction of Olorin with a statement made in Unfinished Tales:

"They [the Istari] appeared in form as Men, never young, but aging slowly." This is really just nitpicking, since that statement refers to their appearance in ME, which could easily have been different in Valinor, and this is some six thousand years previous. Assuming Olorin kept the same form all those years, he might have started young seeming and eventually got to the point that when he came to ME he wasn't young anymore.

... I'll stop now. I really did like this fic, though.
laliath summersweet chapter 1 . 9/30/2003
i'm sorry to point out another historical error in such a lovely and funny story but galadriels name was Artanis, noble woman -i think- or Nerwen, man-maiden until Celeborn gave her the name Galadriel when she came to middle earth. But i'm sure u'll let the flaw remain-i could see olorion calling her 'sunshine'-! i also luv the whole 'vaquishing' thing, you've got her character perfectly!
Kaede chapter 1 . 8/6/2003
One problem; Galadriel as a child wasn't known as "Galadriel"; she was known as either Nerwen (her mother-name) or Artanis. Galadriel was an additional name that Celeborn gave to her as a gift, between lovers/close friends.
egyptgirl13 chapter 1 . 5/22/2003
I really liked your story! Galadriel is one of my favoriet characters! I'm glad I found a good Silmarillion story; keep up the good work!(by the way, I'm going to write my own take on LOTR with an egyptian twist. Don't worry I'm staying as close to the books as possible! Also, I'm putting some Silmaril characters in my tale as well so keep an eye out! Namarie!
Robin4 chapter 1 . 2/2/2003
Wow! How cute. I really like this fic. I'd never imagined Galadriel as a child before, but this is just wonderful. I especially love the moment when Olorin tells her his real name. It's perfectly done. KUDOS!
Einon chapter 1 . 12/30/2002
Oh praise to you, o author! Finally, some else who thinks that Tolkien's work is sacred, but has dared to touch upon it. Wonderful work, indeed!
Forget Yesterday chapter 1 . 6/3/2002
Aw, screw continuity .~

That was so adorably cute! It's hard to do a "_ as-a-child" Fic and still have it sound like it fits in... but this one really did! And good for you for having the gutys to do an ELF-as-a-child fic, no less! NOone writes those. I guess 'cuz elves are so dramatic and high-and-mighty nyah nyah! sort of people. *Squeals about cuteness of this fic*

I love Gandalf- er Olorin... er... Mithrandir...

Hey has anyone other than me wondered why none of these characters end up with an identity crisis? Aragorn for example. Aragorn/Strider/Estel/Elfstone/Elessar/Something else I don't remember... how does he keep them all straight? oh wells.

*Adds story to favourites*
Furius chapter 1 . 5/17/2002
so sweet, what great foreshadow, indeed I think this is most probably what Artanis was like.
naltariel chapter 1 . 5/13/2002
:):):). cutie... I can imagine her. sunshine, oh so sweet, so cute, so... sweet. Your description always astonish me. You are marvellous writing Galadriel, well I DONT believe she is not even your favorite character.

If you can write so well with character which is not your favorite and how do you write your favorite? who is your favorite anyway?