Reviews for Vocal Conviction
BessiBoo chapter 1 . 4/22
please please please do the whole story line, this is some of the best retelling I've seen in awhile
Peek-a-bloody-boo chapter 1 . 8/24/2014
Damn. What a fic. This bloody rocks! Please tell me there will be more...eventually? Pretty please? *puppy dog eyes*
Pinkamena Diane Pie 01 chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
Plz update im just DYING to read the next part keep up the good work!:)
TheFennecFox chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
Too bad about Hiatus! I like this first chapter so far :)
Annabelle chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
This is pretty intense. I'm captivated by the way you've written Errol. His complete obsession with Jak is addicting to watch.

I am vary interested in the way you showed Mar's thoughts on Jak.

It honestly makes me wonder how Mar would react to Errol...

Please finish a update for this soon.
Gentle Kit chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
Interesting take on the game. I'd like to see how it progresses. :)
foxxy nine-tails chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
please please please tell me your going to continue this story. PLEASE! Erols character is just right and jak and daxter are awesome.
Hyper Kid chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
... Wow. Just wow. Your previous fic was an experience in epicness, and this one is shaping up to be just as good! Keep up the awesome work!
P.A.W.07 chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
You have made me very happy today. Captive Voice was by far one of the best fanfics I've read from the J&D catagory, but is also one of my all time favorites of the site.

I never did expect a sequal to the first, but I must say you have captured me quickly and easily. Given the experiences that Jak was forced to endure in Captive Voice, I can see a lot of possibilites when rewritting Jak 2... especially Erol's character. God, I just love how you decided to interpet him. I can't even think of a good way to label his character as anything other than a beautiful monster.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I cna't wait to see how you play this out.
malfunctionjunction chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
I truly do hope you get the time to move forward with this sequel; I love Captive Voice.
just.an.anon chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
Hey there Nashidesei,

Captive Voice is one of my all time favorite fanfictions. I am so glad you write for this fandom; Jak and Daxter is seriously neglected by the fanfiction community.

At the time when I read it, I was on my PSP, which is rather hard to type on so I never left a single review. I feel awful about it, and I do intent to go back, reread it and write reviews for each chapter as I go along.

I am way too excited about this sequel. Jak 2 is my favorite video game ever, and one of my favorite stories. Jak is a great character, and his Dark side make him all the more interesting. It blows me away that there are so few fanfiction writers who haven't taken advantage of such a great character like you have. And you do an AMAZING job of it.

The way you write Jak is exactly how it should be done. His thought processes, how he feels about Erol, the Baron, Daxter...his emotions are beautifully done.

Erol is also really well done. I love how you've made him obsessed with Jak. Hes wonderfully insane, and his interactions with the KG are great.

I can't wait for an update, but I suppose I'll have to, huh? Thanks for doing writing such great fanfiction for this under appreciated fandom!
bloody raptor chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
interesting
Najrala chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Sweet! Sequel!

(more! more! *begs*)
HVK chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
First off, I've gotta say one thing. Captive Voice is, I believe, far superior to the little-mentioned canonical years Jak spent in the Dark Warrior program.

The fact that you've a sequel to it feels my heart with glee. Additionally, your style is the MOST evocative and emotional I've ever seen, on DeviantArt or elsewhere. Seriously; your example has improved my own writing style so much it's amazing.

The first scene is very much concise. It's good to see Jak actually getting mad at Daxter, and his visceral feelings regarding the Dark in him are chilling and fantastic at the same time. There's also an excellent case of overload there; Jak going Dark because there's too much to deal with.

Mar's perspective of Jak was fascinating, particularily since we never got to see what he thought of anything. (Or for that matter, what happened to his Crocodog, but I wander.) It was haunting, really; both his point of view regarding Dark Jak and the hints that he, at some level, recognizes what he's going to be come.

'He looked at Jak and he wanted to cry.' That line made ME want to cry.

Ah, the insanity of Erol. No one does it like you. The part where he was going to kill the Guard who talked back at him was intense, and I felt relieved when Erol got distracted, so to speak.

Another chilling moment as Jak realizes that his powers are renegade. IT's a brilliant reference to the overseas name of Jak 2, not to mention a more nuanced understanding of WHY Jak said what he said at that point in the game. Perhaps his ability to control his transformations is a side-effect of whatever the Precursors do to him at the end of the game?

Wow. That last scene was intense in spite of the lack of action, or perhaps because of it.

I eagerly await further chapters.
Irish Potatoes chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Wow, I'm so ecstatically happy for this. Captive voice was a work of art, and I can't wait for more of the same in-depth look at the Jak II sequence of events. You are a god among mortals :)