Reviews for Sons of the Wilderness: 1849
Guest chapter 8 . 11/14/2014
This is really a great series so far.
MarvelHero1610 chapter 8 . 1/20/2014
Wow...I am a fan. The characterization is spot-on. The dichotomy between James and Victor is brilliant. I'm upset I'm just finding this. From author to author, I can't do anything more applaud your work. This is awesome!
Marvelite5Ever chapter 8 . 1/9/2014
Oh wow. I loved how you showed the dark sides of them here, and just how feral they are and the animals they have in them. And also just how much they both love and hate each other, how they'll rip each other apart one moment and then defend each other the next, and the both the care and resentment they had for each other, and then just how truly alone they are, and how James is better able to fit in because his claws are concealed most of the time but Victor can't conceal his nails or teeth, and Victor can't even hardly pretend to fit in. And then just how sort of, selfish/jealous/protective Victor is of Jimmy, like he really just kind of wants his brother to himself, and doesn't want anyone getting between them, while I guess James is kind of going through that rebellious teenager stage, and wanting to fit in and be social with people.
(And you're right about the lack of gore in the movies - it almost seems like they heal so fast they don't have time to bleed...)
Thank you so much for sharing! I have to go read your other story in this series now ;)
GirlFromNorth chapter 8 . 9/5/2013
Woah. Great story, and the ending was perfect in a horryfying way! "His claws extended, carving off the end of a pine branch and Victor smiled, his yellow fangs showing the dim light of dawn. He liked it this way." Victor you manipulating jerk...
FanFicReader25 chapter 8 . 10/13/2012
this was great! I am going to try to get through all your stories.
Stina Whatever chapter 8 . 4/20/2012
This is a great continuation of the first story, and I like that everyone thinks that Victor is a monster, but not James, even though they're both very alike
quoththeraven5 chapter 8 . 4/6/2012
Victor is so creepy... great story by the way! ( I just finished the other Sons of the Wilderness and figured I should read the sequal or prequal or what ever it is!) ;)
Lady Fangs chapter 8 . 2/4/2012
Fantastic! And so trsgic. Especially for Victor. I wonder about the moments he did experience happiness. So few and far between.
AzazelLuciferDeathCrowley chapter 7 . 1/2/2011
can u make them more vicious and with more of a bond between victor/sabertooth and James/jimmy/Logan/wolverine this is a awesome story
AzazelLuciferDeathCrowley chapter 8 . 11/13/2010
please have them as wild men and vicious i would really like that and having victor and James insuperable
Captain Anemone chapter 8 . 10/30/2010
Okay, so first off I'd like to say that I really liked this story. I thought the writibg was pretty good, I thought the plot was awesome, and I also enjoyed the imagery. Even the gory stuff was really good. I mean, yeah, I winced a couple times during the battle scene, but it was good because it showed the animalistic side of these brothers and I think that's something really important to consider. So good job on that.

So, I'm not sure if you're still looking for opinions to the prequel vs. sequel thing, because I read this story when it was already completed, but I figure I'll just give you my feedback and if it is invalid then so be it. My thought is that I would really like to see a progression of these characters, not a backtrack into thier childhood. I mean now that this series you talked about has got on its feet with the first story, I think you would be well served to build off of that momentum and keep following these two forwaard. So my opinion? Nix on the prequel, I would love to see a sequel.

Thanks so much for this story and please keep it up, this line of story has a lot of potential!

Thanks again!

-Cap'n Anemone
Empress Akitla chapter 8 . 8/16/2010
This is a good story. A good take on a small part on what happened throughout their past.
Dreago78 chapter 8 . 6/12/2010
Uh wow another great story! I love how you used the comic books and used it to shape you're own story. You need to write more, I beg of you! haha ;)
Paige chapter 8 . 6/5/2010
This was so good! You are an awesome writer! I lo
incarnate of evil chapter 8 . 2/10/2010
I really enjoyed this. And I think you should do a sequel, as when Jim gets his powers is covered in the film. In your sequels will you cover the wars in more detail, like when Logan is in a concentration camp during the second world war? That's if you are crossing over the film and the comic's. I have to say though it is impossible to find a fic about that time, it would be nice if you could do one. :D