Reviews for Egg Drop
Firebird Scratches chapter 1 . 2/11
Awww, I still feel bad for Donnie. That's so frustrating, when you put so much effort into something and it doesn't work. :P
FifthDayOfMay chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
I love how Mikey is secretly kind of a genius in his own very unique Mikeyish way. XD He'a creative and weird and not afraid to try out anything that happens to pass through his mind. I love it. And Donnie's reaction to Mikey's almost speech was beautiful. Just, "holy shell my little brother is kind of smart." and then Mikey offers him a gummy. So cute. I love baby turtles stories.
dwds chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
awweh, dude. This is so cute
BraveChicken chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Cute story )
princessebee chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
Great story, great handling of the characters as youths, great look at the personalities... especially Donny, who definitely seems to be your favourite Turtle? I love how arrogant he is here... but there's no malice or callousness to it, just this enthusiastic pride because of all the work he's put in... but poor Don, pride goes before a fall... it was a great denouement... I felt like Mikey's dialogue at the end didn't ring true, it seemed a little too self-aware and unnatural... but the point is made and the lesson learned. Satisfying!
Smile-I'mTheEndOfAllThatYouSee chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
That was pretty good. Mikey really did show Don something.
stephie 23 chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
This was SO cute! :D so very very cute! :) absolutely loved it! :)
Vampy chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
Sweet and insightfull. Very nice! ;) V.
GothicChick504 chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
Cool. Another reason Mikey won is because he is the luckiest.
Reinbeauchaser chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
As always. . . excellent!

The tag at the end wrapped it up quite nicely. Brilliantly done.

Can't say much else, otherwise I'd be gushing.

Oh, heck with it, I loved this, I really did. Don's over confidence, Mikey's enthusiasm, Raphael's total disinterest, and Leo. . . well, if I were to add a critique of any magnitude (and it would be miniscule at best), it would be that Leo didn't get as much 'air' time as the others. Well, maybe not as much as Don or Mikey, since Raph was kind of played out the same way. Yet, this is Don/Mikey centric, so - no problemo. Sometimes you can't give as much to the also-rans as you do the main focus of the story. Just the way it is.

Anyway, I much enjoyed this! Brava. :0)

Be blessed,

Rene'
Mikell chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
AW Mike an' Donny fluff! I love it!

Very well done. I like how Splinter didn't lecture Don, he figured out for himself how to deal with his jealousy. Nice. :)

Great fic.

Rejoicing in the day,

-Mary
Sabrinasidd chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
sque! That was such a cute, sweet little ficlet, Kame. I always have a soft spot for fics which explore the turtles as toddlers, especially when it involves (the kid’s version of) deep-thinking and character evolution. It was lovely seeing both Mikey and Don growing up just the *tiniest* bit in front of me in this tiny posting.

First off, I loved the idea of Splinter getting his children to implement that classic egg-drop exercise. AND I also highly approved of Splinter being wise enough to limit his students to certain materials for building the protective egg-casing.

I loved, LOVED seeing how each of the egg-casings reflected the personalities of the builders. I loved that Leo’s looked showed some really beautifully meticulous attention to detail… but with absolutely no practical knowledge about engineering behind the design. Basically, Leo gave the project the perfect amount of time and attention, but he just didn’t have the skills to succeed in this one. It was due to lack of experience rather than lack of effort that he ‘failed’ this assignment.

ROTFL! Ralph’s submission made me giggle… because it reflected a complete lack of time, attention, skill and interest. He probably thought the whole project was a big, stupid waste of time, and didn’t imagine why his other brothers would bother to spend more than 2 minutes protecting a friggen EGG! Lol!

OR perhaps Ralph was secretly sure that he wouldn’t be able to succeed in the project, so it was fear of failure that kept him from giving his all to the assignment…?

Nahh… it was probably just lack of interest. Ralph is not the type to back down from a challenge if it genuinely catches his attention.

Don’s entry was amazing… as expected! I really enjoyed how he was privately critiquing his older brother’s submissions, and knowing that neither of them were going to present any real competition for his magnificent casing.

I also liked, Kame, how you had Don acting just a *little* too smug about his own entry as compared to his brothers. So when Mikey’s entry came around, I was really pleased, delighted and satisfied to see Don genuinely worried about Mikey’s egg-casing being better than his own. It felt GOOD to see Don taken down a peg off his high horse… and by Mikey no less! :D

Heh… it was even more gratifying seeing Mikey winning the prize for best project when you could see Don was nearly bursting with indignation at the superiority of Mikey’s contraption over his own. He was even actively searching for a reason for Mikey’s entry to be disqualified (he’s not holding it at chest level… the paint is protecting it, etc).

So it was fantastic seeing Don’s egg getting a ‘near-perfect’ landing, while Mikey’s got full marks on his egg-protection skills :D

I loved, LOVED the ending, which showcased Mikey sensing what was the potential problem that had Don sulking. Don’s sulking would probably have irritated and angered Leo and/or Ralph, but Mikey is far too good-natured to be resentful about Don begrudging Mikey first place in academics this *one* time. So I really loved and approved of the way Mikey went out of his way to explain his ‘victory’ in some kind of context that would give Don some perspective on the situation… in a way that would take him OUT of that ridiculous, childish sulk.

ROTFLMAO! I thought I was going to choke with laughter when Mikey observed that Einstein had been given credit for popcorn. ROTFL! Oh, Mikey! He probably thinks the Native Americans invented relativity or gravity, eh?

Mikey might have gotten his facts hilariously wrong, but his insight and wisdom was spot on! He managed to reach Don… and I feel that the two brothers grew a little closer on this day because Don could finally appreciate, perhaps for the first time, that Mikey can ALSO be smart… although in a completely different kind of way.

Heh… I wonder whether, at this age, Don just considered himself the smartest of all the turtles in general, rather than the smartest with machines and books…? In which case, this was a good way to get out of that dismissive and arrogant way of thinking, wasn’t it?

Thank so much for the posting, Kame. Feel free to post up any other fics you have lying around. AND feel free to update any of the fics on your fanfic site… any day now ;)