Reviews for Liquid Courage
Solastice chapter 1 . 1/18
It's been a long time since I read such a satisfying story on this site. I especially appreciate the meticulously well-researched details: the use of the Chosen Children's Japanese names, the use of honorifics, Miyako being older than Ken, the reference to love hotels, Toudai (Tokyo University), the correct legal drinking age, the light pollution.

Both Miyako and Ken are consistent with how I imagine they would act at that age. Miyako tends to be more talkative, while Ken is more succinct.

The passages after Ken confesses his feelings are both realistic and poignant. Miyako's reaction is very believable. This story could've even worked with the opposite ending, but I'm glad they ended up together. There are just the right amount of details provided to let the reader to know how the characters are feelings. There is an elegant use of words.

"May I kiss you?"

"Alright."

"Either way, everything changes between us."
Cake Eyes chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
I loved this.
Relax - Don't do it chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
LOVE this story.. it's been years but I mean every single word : )
shortygirl333 chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
This... This was excellent. Sounded so very much like Ken. And that line about old cogs turning for schemes of humiliation? Brilliant. And the very last line? Priceless. Love this story!
PorcelainDollxx chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
This was really really good :D!
I absolutely loved it!
And I loved how there was rejection before acceptance. How Miyako wasn't sure about dating Ken. Which made me ask if this was going to end all lovey-dovey, which was great because it wasn't expected.
Also, you write flawlessly :)
Awesome story :D
MalaZh chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
I'm not usually a Kenyako shipper, but your story is TOO good, it opened my eyes to just how sweet these two are. GREAT FIC!
SnowLion no Miko chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
Love this fic! I think you did a great job at portraying Ken and I really enjoyed reading this! Keep up the awesome work!
Sepsis chapter 1 . 11/18/2010
god, I loved the end!_ Great!
BabyBee3 chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
That was adorable. I loved it! 3
James Hiwatari chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
OMG this is great! It's the best Kenyako I've read so far!

I quite like how Miyako is the one in charge most of the time. Reverse cliches and all that.

And I liked how you portrayed Ken's psychological dilemmas. And that they only hooked up when he was 20.

And, of course, that everyone thought he was gay. That made my day. Seriously. I'm still laughing my ass off about that. DDDDDDDDDDD

James
Anette Paris chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
Just one word: Beautiful. It's nice to find a well-written kenyako story.
Ivgie Sole chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
One of the best fic's I've read in a long while. Very well-written, a little sad at one point, but very sweet and funny too. I could relate to Ken here, been through the same situation not a while ago. Thanks for posting it!
Bears Love Tourists chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
In a website full of Daiken, it is wonderful to find a Miyako/Ken fic, and one that is so excellently written. You have the personalities so spot on that I feel that this is canon. I bow to your ingenuity.
XtremeGal87 chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
Ok, I'll be honest, this is the first-ever Kenyako story I have read. That said, I really, really, really liked it. I could just see it so clearly; it was amazing. So, though I can't compare it to other Kenyako stories, I can say that as a story in general it was pretty darn good. So thanks for sharing it!
Wing Moon chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Aw...so cute and sweet. I love the ending I thought they weren't going to get together!