Reviews for Bareback
So fluffy, like bunny worthy. :3
godess bubbles chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
cute!
whatintheholyhellisthat chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
Okay I'm officially in love with you. I've read allllll your merlin stories and frankly I have become obsessed. The way you create tension between merlin and Arthur is so original and isn't cookie-cutter bullshit I love it wowza
lady suffolk chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
not to mention the side saddles which were invented about one thousand years later.
Lady of the Pond chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
I love the dirty talk mixed in with this really well written Merlin horse whisperer thing! I also adored the way Arthur was so turned on and impressed by Merlin!
Silken Danser chapter 1 . 2/13/2013
Maybe we can arrange for some of our plotbunnies to go have a picnic together, then quietly sneak off while they're not looking . . .
Hazel Sage chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
I for one would not mind more rodeo!Merlin :D
Motaku1235 chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
TEMPEST IS THE BEAST! BAMF! Horse!
tinyfrog chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
Fantastic. That's really all there is to say on the matter.
brahdley jims chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
You've made me want to take up riding again! I remember I used to be obsessed with techniques like Merlin used here, methods of training and gaining a horse's trust and such, and this was nothing short of beautiful. The Merthur on the side was wonderful too, very amusing and in character. Incredibly well done.
C.Watherston chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
To Nyxelestia

For the record, spot on terminology. I personally have the immense pleasure of having a father who is a horse whisperer; no body who has ever watched him work a horse in the way you've so beautifully described here is ever the same again.

Apparently, your Arthur has the same inclinations *winks*

Regards

CW
Ashes of the Wicked chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
Allow me to say that your terminology of horses is simply wonderful and refreshing, and it's extremely pleasent that Merlin actually did what he was supposed to in the ring with the mare and reacted all the right ways. I love that you said he hung on with his legs during the bucking, not his knees - if his knees had clenched, he'd had come off. Thank you so much for giving us an actual horse training story of a mare who was unwilling to be tamed and a boy who was determined to tame her instead of a story where the mare calms down and is perfect as soon as the boy enters the ring. It's a refreshing reality you've written and I'm glad to have found it.

Also, the sorrel in the beginning sounds charming. May I have him? ) I'm a softie for drafts and carriage horses - I'm currently training a Percheron. Oh, and in Arthurian times and a few years after, knights rode in saddles with high cantles and.. Well it wasn't a horn, but a high front as well, so it wouldn't have been comepletely off if you'd given that to the saddle. The stud probably would've been in full armour, but I'm rambling and being a know-it-all, so just ignore me. )

Cheers,

Ashes of the Wicked
Ihni chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
I was listening to a very beautiful piece of music while reading this story, and man, it became almost magical. Wonderful :)
DammitJim chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
Lol, love rodeo!merlin, but I'm not going to even try and adopt! Great fic!
Holly Short of the Lep recon chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
That was really well done, i loved it, great job with the horse terms. ( i ride alot, and gennerly do western, and work for the local stable in the summer, and get draged to all the horse fairs in the area, so i simpiths with arthur, i know what its like. .) great job describing the horses, its really good!

Holly