Reviews for The Sound of Silence
Spitfire303 chapter 1 . 3/12
Yeah wqs was more how i expected red john to go dowwn
Meganp chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
Wow, that was intense! The title was the first thing that caught my eyes, it reminded me of that song by Simon & Garfunkel...

Did you ever consider turning this into a multichapter? I'd definitely love to read more!

Beautifully written, as usual.
dwennie chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
Wow, I just saw this and realized one of my stories is named the same thing. My bad. If it makes you feel better, mine's named after thee Simon and Garfunkel song that inspired it P:

Very nice work, though. I could see the RJ situation playing out this way... sadly /
anthropologist chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
So, so beautifully written. I really admire the angle with which you chose to write this story - you went for something that is a little more complex to write, and you took a good prompt and wrote something amazing. Realistically, this is how I can see the series ending, although I somehow don't think CBS would take such a melancholy route. If the show was real, your story would be an accurate ending for the Red John situation, and I am really impressed by your writing and your realistic angle.
enselice chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
this story was amazing even though it was extremely sad. i liked it a lot and i thought it was really wonderful.
superwoman1015 chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
Wow, I really liked this. It was emotional. At first I thought it was just another after RJ fic, but it wasn't.

'She wasn’t there as a lover, friend, nor ex-boss. Lisbon had wanted to be there to confirm that justice was done'

'it still surprised him just how much it hurt'

loved those two lines. There was just so much emotion in this, and the simple question, why, that Jane's can't even answer, not even to himself. Just great.
LovingOn chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
that was very well written n_n
Divinia Serit chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
Wow! I'm so excited about this little series! Are you going to post them seperately or under one title?

OKay-first off, I loved the opening line! "He can distinctly recall the creak of the floorboards as he crept around that dilapidated shack." It's really powerful and automatically transports the reader to the scene, and I just love dilapadated shacks! hehehe

I loved that the prompt was sound and you used so many good sound words and descriptions-whirring, creak, screach- you get the picture. Very nice on the little details!

[“Why?”One simple word had broken a heart that he didn’t think was possible to break.] This part just broke my heart. Really, I felt like someone kicked me in the shins and ran away. You captured the moment perfectly in one word. Kudos! Sigh-m'kay-I'm off to write more myself ;)
NellieRai chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
Why is it that when I'm horribly upset ALL stories are just so sad!

This was amazing though, I loved it. Utterly heartbreaking. So passionate and intense. I love angsty stuff, maybe that makes me odd but this was definitely really good angst. Made me cry even harder (and I hardly ever cry but my kitten died).

I'm throwing myself into writing and reading today. :)
Madaboutthementalist chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.

You get five Ows. This is sort of like the rating I've read about that they use in Japan for movies (one to five hankies, indicating how much of a weepie the film is).

Very good. Very painful. If they do this in the show, I will take out a contract on Bruno Heller, I swear to God. Since I'm Canadian and not super rich, I'll just hire someone to pie him (you know, whip cream pie in the face type stunt).

You're exploring some dark and painful possibilities. *Tips literary hat*
Frogster chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
Oh my goodness...I really hope the show doesn't end on that bad of a note. Nothing against your writing, I just hope that Jane will get his act together. Red John needs to be taken down, sure, but not by him (at least by him as a consultant).

But for now, I just can't wait for Thursday...

Update soon!
Penelope Louise chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
Aw sad :( BAD JANE.

I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :) I loved it :)
PhoenixWytch chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
:smacks Jane: You are a major idiot! :smacks him again: You jerk!

Thanks for writing.