Reviews for The Resilient
Awesomeeeeee!
A.A.A23 chapter 27 . 2/6/2014
Beautiful, absolutely wonderful! When i saw there was a sequel i nearly cried... Two solid days ive been reading and just wish there was more! Brilliant writer, you should be very proud of yourself!
Kerr chapter 27 . 6/8/2013
holy fuck that was absolutely stunning. I read both parts in one sitting and I'm just in awe of the whole thing. fantastic job, truly.
Dehaev chapter 27 . 2/14/2013
Just like its prequel this story blew me away! I was infinitely pleased that Hermione's struggle to understand and forgive Draco was a long and painful journey, filled with heartbreak and reopened wounds. It would not have felt deserved otherwise.

Overall a very satisfying ending (I loved the symbolism behind the hawthorn and vine grave marker) and though I had expressed my love for the darker side of dramione in my review of the prequel, one thing always trumps it; a happy ending. :)

Thank you for this brilliant piece! I thoroughly enjoyed every beautiful word!

- Dev
damvampsal21 chapter 27 . 2/12/2013
WOW. seriously this story and its previous one has taken me on a roller coaster of emotions. I literally feel drained. I finished both stories in about 3 or 4 days because I just kept needing to know what was going to happen. I liked the darkness but I also really loved reading about the glimpses of light. Some parts were just heart-wrenching. And let me just say when that one word "assassination" came up in the epilogue my stomach dropped but then I kept reading and saw it was not successful (thank goodness). Draco and Hermione had a long, complicated, heart-breaking road to finally being together, and I really enjoyed going along for the ride. Thank you for writing. It was amazing.
guest chapter 27 . 1/29/2013
Ok, the previous comment is mine, and so i'd like to say that after reading through the entire story, i don't hate him. I understand the importance of the story...its a message of redemption. I love how you made me go through so many bloody emotions, not afraid to show the brutal, real side of life. Draco's actions made him question his way of thinking, and finally, he changed for the better. Its a fantastic and completely in character portrayal of Draco, and how he changes gradually...thank you for this amazing fanfic, its one of the very, very best dramione fics. :)
guest chapter 13 . 1/28/2013
I hate this Draco. I can't fucking believe him. He does not deserve ANY love. How, HOW can he fucking live with himself? That blasted fucking self preservation...I hate him. What he did is unforgivable.
Doodles chapter 27 . 12/17/2012
It's now 5AM(!) and I finally finished reading. This was so great! (what's less great is that I have an exam in a few hours though :/ I just couldn't stop reading!)
godblessjob chapter 27 . 12/3/2012
Wow...the story of forgiveness. If there is a score I will give you 10 out of 10. This story has almost everything I'm looking for in a fanfiction, the plot and story line are so smooth. Eventhough I haven't read the prequel, I think this story is quite complet in itself. I like the way you gave enough hint without being too revealing: it makes me read all chapters instead of jumping to the epilogue. Thank you for creating this piece of work.
SunseticMonster chapter 27 . 11/23/2012
I am so uplifted. Finishing this story was like the end of an era. It seems like years ago when they were living together as Head Boy and Head Girl, when, in reality, I read that part about 3 days ago. I feel like Im in mourning for the end of this story and for the end of theirs, but I'm so, so happy that things worked out in the end.

I knew Draco was gonna poison that bastard. But, God, his love for Hermione tore me up. The fact that he had to live with his regret and guilt-that the entire shit world that they lived in was as a result of his selfishness.

But he "fixed it." Oh God. When he said "I fixed it," I about died. I cried. I . . . everything. God, what a story! You are incredible.
dramione chapter 27 . 11/21/2012
this story was simply breath-taking...their love was raw and intense but so true...and I think you really represented all of that in the way you wrote.

i ve read some really good fanfics so far...and honestly... (and i mean it)...this is my favourite!

im probably going to read over and over again...but the effect it had one me the first time i read it will never wear off with time.
tatrawrzilla chapter 27 . 11/20/2012
I just finished reading this story I am absolutely in love with the way you write Draco n Hermione...please tell me there is a continuation :)
dramione chapter 8 . 11/20/2012
wow...my heart literally skipped a beat wen i read "mr malfoy" o.o! wow.. i have never been caught so offguard in a story!
Sunshinerose17 chapter 27 . 11/12/2012
This is the most amazing story. I love it, so much. You are a true artist. There were some grammar issues that caught me up but none too noticeable. This is a candid masterpiece, completely, utterly, remarkable. You kept everyone wonderfully in character, and your ideas are marvelous. Continue writing, it's your calling.
teamstarkidaddict chapter 27 . 11/3/2012
Hi Mel,
despite all the bad things happening in this story, I hardly could stop reading it. You're drawing so detailled pictures in my mind, it was a pleasure to read it.
The Azkaban-scenes were a bit too detailled for my taste, I'm glad it wasn't a movie.
Like in Aversion to Change you did a good job in twisting and changing the plot to get me confused and finally understanding some other things (like Brannon's behavior). And still the story makes sense.
I am a bit angry with you for all the damage Hermoine experienced. But after everyone died and Voldemort won, the world is a mess! (Oh, I think the inclusion of the First Daughter and the Britain-royals was a great idea.) Some death eater cited it: What they do with the muggleborn is exactly what happened during World War II. What I mean is that your story is less fiction than history. And the world was a mess!
Coming back to Hermoine: The only thing she could do in the pre-end, is to leave Draco. Everything else would have been a much too shiny ang glittery happy end. But as we like happy ends (and would have liked it for the change aversion also), it's nice that the fix themselves together in the end.
Fazit: Great, but hard, and sad, and excruciating, and still hopeful and forgiving story.
*Ellie*