Reviews for Road to Damascus
freefoxyy chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
I like the way you tell the story. With your beautiful words I can easily see the scene display before my eyes as in the series, with the same Hank Moody and Karen, with the same feeling that episode gives me.
ae chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
This is great - it really optimises Hank and Karen's relationship. The "symbolism" of the candles of the Cobain memorial is a good effect, particularly if shot in the typical Californication way.

The lack of dialogue (not heard by the viewers) is a lovely touch, putting emphasis on the ease of simply being between the two characters. This also contributes to highlighting other emotions that come into play - their contentment, attraction and palpable emotions when the two characters are together.

All in all, a well-written addition to a powerful episode.
HouseAddict16 chapter 2 . 5/3/2010
I really enjoyed this one as well. The garden was a great image and I love the struggle with the typewriter. The part about the plot paying rent in his head was brilliant, the way plots take up space and block out the ability to actually write them down. Awesome. Also I really liked how you brought it back to the garden, like you brought it back to Kurt in the previous one. Very cool.
HouseAddict16 chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
I really like this! It has tones of Hank but it's not really from him, at least I didn't get that vibe. I really like how you came back to Kurt at the end, linked it all together.