Reviews for End of the Rope
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 1/23
I liked Canon Rufus better...
but still, this Rufus was very entertaining. Pretty observant.
And I liked new outsider POV... ;)

Oh Dean... ready to sacrifice Baby to save Sam and Bobby...
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 12/12/2014
I like Rufus helping Dean bring Bobby and Sam back. The desperation in Dean ... good story!
Freya922 chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
So fascinating to see Dean in crisis through Rufus' eyes. I especially loved this passage:

Winchester's jaw shifted, his face flushing red, his eyes flat and diamond-hard. He looked every bit the dangerous hunter his rep claimed he was, and Rufus idly flipped through the different defenses he had hidden away in his kitchen. But then the fire slowly died out of the boy's eyes and he was just a scared kid left alone in a big, harsh world.

Wonderful, and I loved how Rufus put Dean through the 'Impala' test!
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
Glad to know that Rufus is in their corner, despite how rough he is. He's got an odd sense of affection here, but I liked how much he likes Dean and approves of what lengths he'll go to (giving up the 'pala without a fight?) to get his family back.
Girl-of-Geekery chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
Very beautifully written; I love how you handle the words. You can really see Dean's love, worry and care, without it being so blatant to the point of being out of character.
Your stories are always treasures, and I particularly loved this one
Insomniac Owl chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Okay, this is good, but before I tell you that I've gotta say - did RUFUS send that pot?

Best moments: Dean willing to give up the Impala; the 1000 plus dollars worth of Johnny Walker Blue; Bobby's comments to Rufus about Sam and Dean.

Made me squiggly.
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
Rufus is great in this one. My heart stopped when he asked for the car though. Yikes. And of course Dean would give it to him.
Fletty chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
Wow, this story leaves you hanging, as though there's a second part. Have you written one, or are you going to?

P.S. I've been slowly making my way through your stories. It's fabulous writing; I can't believe you have so many! And each one is better than the last. I've been wanting to review for a while, but I finally decided that today is the day to let you know how much I've appreciated your writing.

P.S. Just a small request for future maybe; I tend to open up a few stories under different tabs then go offline to read them. However, I tend to forget what their summaries say, so, on future stories, it'd be great if you could add the summary to the story page as well. Is that at all possible?

Can't wait to be reading more...
Someone's Stephie chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
I'm totally a lurker, but I just wanted to say I loved the ending of this. The idea that Rufus would help Dean find Sam (and Bobby), and then be preparing a file on Sam (maybe to sell to someone?) is totally creepily awesome. _
PADavis chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
That was, well, great. Dean trying to hold it together when he was at his wit's end was adorable. And I loved the Rufus POV all the way through, and what a great take on Rufus. Him asking for the car? Of course, he would just to be an SOB.

And after 9 boxes of Blue. Haven't tried it but I did look up the cost once. Sheesh.

Spot on perfect conversation between Bobby and Rufus too.

Read this last night for my one a day fic, now I'm free to read another!

Whilom chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
First off, I loved Rufus's voice. It came through really clear, especially in this line: **“Someday that blind faith’s gonna come back and bite you someplace personal, boy.”**

When Rufus asked Dean for the Impala, my jaw hit the ground. I was really glad that he took pity on Dean and decided against it, especially because the poor guy had been so willing to give it up to get Sam back.

And it was kind of creepy that Rufus had a file on Sam, almost as if he was collecting data, just waiting to get info about Sam crossing that line so he could go out and hunt him. -shivers- chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
Loved it. You got Dean's desperation at finding Sammy and Bobby missing and perfect the addition of Rufus, gruff around the edges but you can tell he liked the elder Winchester brother. Great that it was something as simple as the pot breaking and having to be put back together that made them disappear and reappear with no memory of it. Interesting too Rufus' folder on Sam Winchester.
sylia91 chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
Loved this fic like all of your others. I always felt that Rufus liked Dean in spite of his attempt not to do so. That boy has that effect on people, heh.
sayrae3times chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
Hey there! I read this a while back and forgot to review, so I thought I'd pop back in and let you know how much I enjoyed it. I wasn't real sure what to think of Rufus at first in the series but I think I like him. Nice way to work him back in, and staying true to his character!
TammiTam chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Great story. You should so do a follow-up on that!