Reviews for The Nineteenth Year
excessivelyperky chapter 12 . 7/2/2010
What a cluster! (good chapter, just a horrible situation)

First of all, I want to know how Petunia knows James Potter (the first), and how she was treated by the lovely Marauders. Second, it's clear that all the anti-Slytherin propaganda still exists at the Burrows (and that Ginny hates Muggles as much as her father supposedly loves them. Just wait till Dudley's children get _their_ letters!).

As for house elves, I expect free will means that they have opinions that might not be politically correct; good luck with _that_. Don't they know that now they're liberated, that they're expected to be grateful?

Lovely chapter, hope the story isn't finished.
excessivelyperky chapter 11 . 7/2/2010
Not that House matters, of course.

-Rosie sorting into Ravenclaw still bugs Ron, obviously. A good thing that none of them went into Slytherin (or Harry's kids either)-we all know what he thinks of that.

Very good chapter, though, Ron is clearly a good dad (as long as at least one of his kids is a Gryffindor). It will be interesting see how the new baby changes things.

And of course Harry is nostalgic for family; he didn't really have one as a child.
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 7/1/2010
Excellent chapter. Boy, Rose doesn't realize about the unpaid babysitting in the summer yet, does she?

And Albus may have some unconscious resentment, because he did what he was told (or what he thought he was told), but Rose got to go into a different House and nobody at home will get mad at her.

Glad they made up at the end, too.
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 7/1/2010
even though he's a Slytherin, and everyone knows they're evil—

-Yes, and this is why Albus listened so hard when his dad told him how to stay out of it.

Poor kid. I'm sure he'll stay away from Scorpius, too, or at least prank him if Malfoy does dare to talk to Rose.
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 7/1/2010
I love this chapter-Narcissa is absolutely perfect. And you had a wonderful picture of Albus Potter, neglected by his own family (does his mother resent his middle name, perhaps?). It seems like his parents have already written him off (or why he needed reassurance in the Epilogue-'Slytherin is ok, but here's how to get out of it').

Narcissa is just the person to give it to him (Grandromeda is far too busy to worry about Albus S. at this point in her life).

I hope Albus S. is quiet when he goes home about exactly who he talked to; it's all right for James, of course, but he sounds like he's used to the double standard.

Good chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 6/28/2010
I can't imagine judging someone based on something over which they have no control—which is why I could never understand the Death Eaters.

-A very good sentiment, though I expect she was told why she ought to hate Slytherins by her Gryffindor friends often enough once she was in the D.A. Glad that Luna talked sense into James Sirius, though I expect she'll be hearing from both Ginny and Ron _quite_ soon. (Ron doesn't have any problem hating Slytherins, as we saw in the Epilogue).
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 6/28/2010
Oh, very well done. The healing is truly beginning to happen if a Fred Weasley can pal around with a Slytherin and not be Cast Into Outer Darkness for it.

And I'm glad he didn't hold back on the exam, either. A pity he ever felt he had to.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 6/6/2010
Poor girl-Dominique is really cruel to those who can't do anything to her (alas, that makes her more like the original Lily than people are ever going to believe). I'm glad that Lily Luna got her book back, though.
The Predatory Wasp chapter 12 . 5/18/2010
well i really liked this, and im not sure if you done (which i think you are, but it doesn't say completed) so uuhhh, yes. great writing and i love how the slytherins are all withthe potter/weasley clan and so on.
The Predatory Wasp chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
"With great power comes great responsibility." i like spiderman, too:)
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 3/27/2010
I like the idea of a writers' group (and I hope she writes the bylaws to make sure Gilderoy Lockhart can never join) .

There is life after children, and in ten years she'll find out what it is.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 2/24/2010
Very good chapter. In fact, if Draco was really smart, he'd _encourage_ Scorpius to go into any house but Slytherin-it will almost impossible for any new Minister of Magic to win if he has an "I'm Evil" sign on his House Crest. And he would tell Lucius that reason for doing so-Lucius would certainly understand it.

Nicely done, and I really like how much Draco cares for his son, and is trying not to repeat his father's mistakes.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 2/8/2010
How sweet!
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
Lovely chapter! Andromeda comes across as a real person, here. And Septima is right; she needs to get a life (but then, so does Septima ).
L.A.H.H chapter 12 . 1/13/2010