Reviews for Requiem for the Lizard
wiccawoman chapter 18 . 9/18
I really love this story! Please keep the updates coming! :)
Can't make a name chapter 18 . 9/18
Love the title: The Great(?) Outdoors...question mark is awesome
Nice comment from Ham that Julie is the glue in the group. Very true.

Like Alexei a lot; kind of reminds me in a way of one my characters, so how could I not. He's taking care of techie stuff :)

Glad to see that Mike sees Martin as his friend and not a reptile when Mike does not have his false skin on. Finding Martin in such bad shape must have been tough for all of them. Understand how Bethany was not impressed with his note comment. Wondering if more will come of his adventure.

Enjoyed the Alaska Resistance comment since I lived in Fairbanks when V first came out.

Liked the feeling of fear you have written in the story; gives the real life feel.

Yes, Diana would have certainly tried torture before truth serum. Sadly, it would be hard to write her character any other way than a psychopath.

I like what you wrote about the humans in the group being afraid with Martin gone. Aliens did after all come to Earth and used manipulation and violence to take control when they came. Secondly, the poison used on the Visitors would have had any aliens sitting on the fence as how they felt about being there and if what was happening as wrong would have then supported the Regime passionately. So yeah, the humans would be nervous.

Like the description of the conference room as well. If ever get to the part in my own story where some people go to a room, 'To Do Their Own Thing,' it isn't going to be a standard conference room. Your detail on how it looks is really nice as you can really see it.

Waiting for the next chapter...
Jela36 chapter 17 . 7/29
You have no idea how much I love that story. I love Martin, and was so angry when they killed him off. I was so glad when you updated.

The new characters you introduced are great. I like Bethany, and Alexei and all the others. I hope Martin will eventually tell the others what happened. What he does to himself is not good. He certainly has PTSD. I love that you included Howie. He's one of the very few things/persons in the weekly series that aren't screwed up. I really wonder where Martin did go.

I hope you update soon!
Can't make a name chapter 17 . 7/24
Nicely written as always, feel like this is the warm up chapter to the next one. Which of course has me anticipating the next chapter. Like what happened with Martin. Its like you know something has happened and it is it good or bad.

Also, want to hear more on what Bethany was working on...anyway, I feel like a lot of surprises are coming our way.
Can't make a name chapter 16 . 6/18
I like the ectothermic homethery reference as well as the very nice argument between Martin and Mike; where Mike is trying to get Martin to take care of himself. Actually all of the conversations between the two are awesome.

Ha ha ha Martin likes the Hobbit books, kewl...apparently the other Visitors as well.

Do feel for Martin; and a nice touch, telling how Martin became involved with the 5th Column. The academy...eek. You can see how the training of the Youth Corp and Youth Leaders would have involved into quasi brainwashing at the dear old academy.

Nicely written and hope to see more soon...
Joni chapter 16 . 6/18
This is absolutely fantastic! I actually feel like I am back in the eighties watching the tv show! You have a real gift for authentic dialogue.
Can't make a name chapter 15 . 4/25
Kyle has died, but Elizabeth has a son Robert who looks a bit like his great-grandfather. Reminds you that they know really nothing of Brian except that he was the evil alien. Will be interesting to see how the story progresses. To bad about Kyle though.

The chocolate story was a nice touch to the story.
Joni65 chapter 15 . 4/13
Wow. Martin really is being written in such an interesting way. There's a lot going on there. The introduction of PTSD makes sense! Love this story.
Joni65 chapter 1 . 4/9
I absolutely love this! Martin was always my favorite! The former 18 year old in me back in 83 who crushed majorly on Frank Ashmore is sighing. Lol! You are extremely talented. This reads like a novel;it's that good! Loving the Bethany- Martin write more. So glad I found your work!
Can't make a name chapter 14 . 3/26
That was exciting...however, now they are free for the moment and able to take a breathe.
Can't make a name chapter 13 . 3/20
I had to go look up Helicomys (extinct rodents)

Weird premonition that she and Martin had. Wonder how they lose their heads? Too much Bram Stoker it may be...now I wonder what is down the line later in your story.

Also, how their little romance with end as the story progresses now that they have spent the night together.

Funny it sounds like Martin is reading Lovecraft.
Can't make a name chapter 12 . 3/20
Very sweet the beginning where Alexei calls him Uncle Mike

I liked the part where she was thinking about the Visitor face masks. I remember when Mike ripped off the mask off of a Visitor, but we saw partials of Brian and Diana. Did not make sense to me. Then came the Leader and there was no way the Visitors squished their faces to get them into their human face mask. Which is why I created different species on their planet...woops got off track. Anyway I liked that part in your chapter

I am going to have to pay attention to those children in your story as well
wiccawoman chapter 13 . 3/19
Thank you for the great update! Keep up the wonderful work!
Can't make a name chapter 11 . 3/11
Looking forward to next chapter.

Love the Zombie thing;again when I was writing I did a Zombie comment. Brian's roommate a programmer took his weed, and he made him hack into their education site and put something about zombies on it. We apparently like putting the same kinds of things out there (I am sure others have done the same as well, but I will be more aware when reading stories)...ha ha ha

Again looking forward to the next chapter
Can't make a name chapter 10 . 3/11
Martin telling Mike he was more family than most of his family was a nice bit.

Little touches of science and Earth history help a lot with the story; and having Alexei (genius) and the other young Visitors in your story, and putting a small bit of their backstory in is good. Youth are definitely passionate for the most part, and it would be the same with the Visitor youth as well I would think.

I liked the part about Alexei liking old music. When I was writing I had Brian listening to Earth music and wishing he could listen to that instead of chatting with human youth.