Reviews for Eyes Wider Than Before
merder4lifetime chapter 42 . 7/21/2012
Disregard comment on the incomplete chapter, logged in/out and was able to read entirely on here again.

Absolutely flawless writing & beautifully compelling, again! The story and the love and growth between them never gets old.
merder4lifetime chapter 41 . 7/21/2012
A, today woke up with lazy on my's been soooo hectic! EWTB has been on my mind, yes, you are that amazing a writer that we long remember the details of your story... so, I started re-reading earlier this week and today was determined to get to this part of the story; along the way read some of your comments about reviews. Don't even think about it - I've attempted to read so many stories that could not get beyond first few chapters (grammar, content, absurdity) and they get hundreds of comments, which in no way reflect the quality or enjoyment. You're writing is always flawless;the attention to every detail in the content and grammatical composition is rare indeed and very few in this MD fan fic world (myself included) are in the same league. Thank you for sharing your writing, it has brought endless hours of immeasurable reading pleasure. Warmest regards, Jasmin (ch 42 posted here is incomplete, I knew there was more to it, and read it on mcboard)
CileSuns92 chapter 25 . 11/25/2011
You know, it's 5 AM and I'm still here reading.

I have stuff to do tomorrow and still, I couldn't stop reading this magic story. I have read it once or twice already but sometimes, I just want to go back and re-live all those moments. A good chunk of the story is still missing, but I guess it's time for bed ;)

I just wanted to say that no matter how many times I'll read this, it will always be magic. You got me whipped into this whole fanfiction thing and I'm glad I found your stories on my way, I should just create a schedule and read them on a loop, or at least one a month, just to keep things fresh.

While I read, I can still feel the expectations, the fear, all the turmoil inside both Meredith and Derek and it doesn't feel old or already read of, it's fresh, just like a juicy mango. And somehow this story reminds me a little of summer and bigger things in life, something above us.

We had pretty life-altering natural events here in Italy lately and this is a perfect way to be reminded of how fragile word is and how timing matters a lot most of the time.

I'll finish reading it soon then, because it's just too good to be left there. And again, thank you for posting, I hope you won't mind this random review...
A chapter 59 . 8/24/2011
Just wanted to post a quick review and tell you how much I enjoyed this story. I came across it through a friend that mentioned that although my main interest isn't in Meredith/Derek, that there is a lovely sub-story in it regarding Cristina/Owen that I would adore. And boy was she right!

This whole story was just incredibly lovely and I thank you for letting me take this journey with the characters and truly opening my own eyes a bit wider.

) Hope you continue sharing your wonderful writing.
Miss Sunshine15 chapter 59 . 6/25/2011
Wow! Once again you have created another amazing story! As with Dare you to Move I love how you describe Meredith and Derek's thoughts and feelings in a way that adds to the narrative, its something I've found many writers can't do very well.

In terms of the actual story I love the journey Meredith and Derek take separately to begin with and then together. I enjoyed your version of Owen, very similar to the one on the show, just ever so slightly softer. And the new characters you introduced were brilliant, especially Wayan, he was magical.

I'm really looking forward to reading the sequel to see how what they learnt during their time in Bali influences their life in Seattle no that they have Ruby.
cahillfive chapter 59 . 1/14/2011
Bravo... took me a while to get to this and it was so worth it. Thank you so much for the journey!
Frozenfan7 chapter 59 . 1/4/2011
Wonderful ending! Looking forward to the sequel if you have one! Your stories are always interesting reading!
MerDerSoInLove chapter 59 . 12/29/2010
This fic was just amazing. The lovely imagery, the depth of the characters...I loved it all.

I can't imagine losing my mother...I know it all likelihood, it will happen someday. But it breaks my heart for you because I can't imagine a day when I can't call her up just to tell her something cute my kids said...or to ask her advice when my daughter wants to wear make up...etc. It has to be one of the worse losses a daughter especially could experience.

I'm glad writing this offered you a little healing. It is a wonderful piece and I can't wait to see the next fic!
merderluvr chapter 59 . 12/29/2010
Dear double scotch:

This was a very emotionally charged chapter for me. You did a really great job recreating the wonder and awe that is felt after giving birth, especially to a first child. The feeling of being part of an amazing miracle is hard to describe,yet somehow you nailed it! I loved how both she and Derek enjoyed looking at their little miracle and how peaceful the baby nursed. You transported me back in time and made me recall all those special moments. Thanks so much! Happy New Year. Sue
Greysgal84 chapter 59 . 12/29/2010
Beautiful ending to the first part of their story! LOVE the name Ruby! everything about their journey was so beautiful it was like reading a dream. and it was so well written (as is everything you write) it made it so easy to picture everything that was happening. I'm very excited that you are writing a sequel to this story and I cant wait for you to post chapter one next week.
CileSuns92 chapter 59 . 12/29/2010
I loved this story from the beginning and the spiritual journey you wrote was amazing. Inspiring somehow. I felt a I needed to leave all here and travel somewhere (Bali, maybe?). Every chapter offered opportunities to reflect and embrace somehow this journey and I'm glad this story was therapeutic for you. It's what writing should always be in the first place.

This last chapter was, once again, perfect. I couldn't stop reading as always. Aware of that, I waited morning to really enjoy it and not way past 2am last night ;)

I'm looking forward to "I Can See Clearly Now", sure that it will be as magical as this.

Ok, long review, but this story deserved so much words I don't even know where to begin. I think this story started my love for fanfictions and somehow brought me back to reading and not just watching. I'm glad I bumped in this wonderful story. Thank you so much!
McDreamy's Post-It Wife chapter 59 . 12/29/2010
This story was an amazing journey and I'm looking forward to the sequel
Leyy chapter 58 . 12/21/2010
i am speechless. you made me go throughout the miracle of birth all over again. you're right about this one...

'There was no other way to describe it, the pressure at her opening felt like the most beautiful mix of pleasurable pain she could ever recall or might ever feel since'

pain was excruciating but the miracle is worth all the pain, the fear & anxieties, the joy, love &, i'm still stunned & amazed on how you wrote that. that was incredible storytelling. i thank god for your gift. you're the best!
MerDerSoInLove chapter 58 . 12/17/2010
Hmmm...this makes me almost want to go back an re-do the births of my children. You tend to just try to "get through it" without appreciating the steps that get you there. That was excellent!
stilllovesgreys chapter 58 . 12/16/2010
Thank you for wonderful update!