Reviews for Storm Cycle
Vshard chapter 6 . 10/19/2009
Ooh boy... as amusing as that was to read (and painful in an empathetic way..) if they haven't updated computer systems beyond ctrlaltdel in the centuries to come... I pity that race of me. I truly do.

Yet on the other hand, the concept that install sequences will have remained unchanged somehow sits quite well with me - especially if we keep on the trend of programmers working with what's easiest for them rather than best for the consumer...

I digress - This was an interest and very picture-able read. I think it would have been a touch nicer if you'd updated the tech a bit, but hell... who's to say what it would be in 2183. Massive clouds? Skynet? Who knows?

In conclusion... ah yes, backups... yes... I can see the mighty Shepard a the mercy of an irrecoverable file system. Granted... I don't envy that system at that time either...
Vshard chapter 5 . 10/15/2009
Ah, now that's a familiar theme. Oh and kudos for using the word akimbo in a sentence :p Don't see that very often.

It does seem realistic somehow.. I mean.. colonists in general would have to be some kinda crazy to do what they do... Of course, you could always throw the wrench at them that if another party did come and slaughter them all... then the marine martyrs would have died for nothing... Of course, dead people don't tend to care about things like that.

Eh, I should stop babbling before my review is longer than your chapter :p I'm all the more interested now in what happens next anyway.
Vshard chapter 4 . 10/9/2009
Huh... nice idea there with the shelter. I think you have smarter colonists than I do :p

Not much else to say on these past two except that now I have all new ideas for Joker and A-grav.

I'm also very curious to see what's quite so 'not right' about this little trip of theirs. Keep going :)
Vshard chapter 2 . 10/9/2009
And the humor goes on and on... Loving your Joker and just all the little things... 'AI like you in a place like this', 'phone home', 'merry hob'. Plus, may I also say that I believe you have one of The most sarcastic crews I've read. Always a pleasure.

As for the car... eh well... pretty soon, they'll be putting everything where we don't expect to find it... one annoying piece at a time.

Good job. Looking forward to the rest.
Vshard chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
Hehe, you have a very... interesting sense of humor. Aside form the line mentioned before the thought of Chakwas being god and mostly the whole Joker conversation were just out-loud amusing. "They look so shiny and inviting, don't they..?" :)

The only thing that threw me here were all the 'Uhs' in Storm's speech in the beginning. It didn't jive with my impression of her, but then you'd know best.

I want more. Oh wait - there are more chapters - yay.
Dr.Olga chapter 2 . 9/22/2009
I snorted at "When in doubt, yank it out." Awesome job, loving it so far, and I'm glad to see Storm again - I always liked that character :)
Prioris chapter 2 . 9/22/2009
How hasn't this been reviewed yet? You're doing your usual outstanding job with scene-setting, character development and general writing skills.

Ouch, poor Shep! Dislocated shoulders are never fun. We usually load them up with muscle relaxants and pain meds beforehand, though there's a field reduction maneuver (it's called the Milch technique) that works very well and can be done by the patient him/herself.

"Oh dear God, I broke the Commander!" - best line ever.

Storm and Williams' run-in with the Presidium AI was a laugh, and yes, yanking the cable has been done before - in fact, you can do it in-game, by shooting the power junction next to the AI console. I'll be interested to see just what's going on with the Aurion colony. (Nice to see someone paying attention to local astronomical conditions, too. Solar activity will mess up ionospheric propagation of radio-frequency signals, but I'm not sure what the effect would be on ground-to-satellite transmission. I wonder if ME's communication relays use radio, microwave, laser or what...?)

Nice job so far - looking forward to more!
22 | « Prev Page 1 2