Reviews for Just Like You Protected Us
Virtue chapter 13 . 6/4
First I must say I LOVED this! I think after a 5 year departure from fanfiction you've inspired me to go back to writing for a bit. Everyone is is character, yet you've portrayed how Zidane would've matured and changed during that time. Makes him seem more believable. And I absolutely love how you included and portrayed the eidolons as human like and tied them into the story like that. It's so original and made them into interesting characters rather than cool clip scenes that flash briefly in the game. Great read. I read it in one sitting tonight. I must see more from you!
MichaelR92 chapter 13 . 4/8/2014
Wow...absolutely magical. I say this a lot but this here is one of the mist important fanfic pieces for this game I've read. I wish it was longer though, some areas felt rushed for example the final chapter. None the less your style is good and I found it easy to image. Excellent job!
Beitrix chapter 7 . 3/8/2013
As I'm reading this, I begin to think "This all sounds very familiar... I think I've read this fic before..." Still as good as the first time i read it. :)
Nikikeya chapter 13 . 12/15/2011
I loved this story! w It was sooo good. (Lol and I loved Bahamut.)

I really loved your characterization of Garnet, and I liked that the story was more about romance and adventure than just them having sex.

I was still rooting for Zidane to smash Fredrik's smug face in. Sadly that probably would have been counter productive... still, I can dream. XD
nothereanymore08 chapter 13 . 9/10/2011
I couldn't sleep till I knew what happened at the end, and here I am! Four in the morning, and I finally finished reading this awesome story of yours! ) My first language is spanish, so I'm going to do my best to leave a decent critic/opinion to you, because you simply deserve it.

It was great; the right amount of romance, drama, and even humor. I found myself smiling a few times, while in other parts I felt the sadness of Garnet, or the intensity of her relationship with Zidane (my god, when they were at Pinnacle Rocks...I'm pretty sure I was blushing like an idiot). All in all, you did great transporting us, readers, to the atmosphere of the story. Even the fact that Zidane isn't completly alright at the end is awesome (and I feel so bad saying it like that xD), because it's realistic, because it shows that even if all isn't perfect in his life, he still could get by with the support of Garnet and his friends. And the eidolons! I can't begin to tell you how much I loved the way you portrayed them; the really felt like a part of Garnet, like the guardians they are. Simply amazing.

So, end of the rambling! Hope all of this is legible, hehe. Congrats on the story, I really think is one of the greatest I read in this section.
Beitrix chapter 13 . 5/11/2011
OMG this was fantastic! i loved it!
Misfile17 chapter 13 . 5/3/2011
Two reviews in one day...But for good reason!

This Story was so well crafted I don't think I'll ever find a better one that revolves around this game. I love Final Fantasy IX as a game and this is what I would call a PERFECT follow up to the already amazing ending the game had. You are ridiculously talented as an author and I am about to go and read everything you have posted on this site. Thank you for such a wonderful tale, I can't tell you how happy I am to have read this and bawled my eyes out several times xD
Misfile17 chapter 5 . 5/3/2011
I realise Im a little late to this fic but I just want to say that it is by far the best FF9 Fic I have ever had the pleasure to come across. The way You portray the characters and their emotions is almost unbelievable because they seem so real ( I realise that might not make much sense ) Zidane's panic attack in this chapter almost had me in tears because it was so emotionally involving. Definetly subscribing xD
darknessofwhite chapter 13 . 3/19/2011
A very plausible ending to one of the greatest stories of all time in my opinion. I can see a sequel game or anime coming directly off of this plot. It was very well written and I can't get the images out of my head of the settings you used, or the emotions out of my heart that Dagger and Zidane have for each other. Thank you for continuing the story to this point.
Ou-Rex chapter 13 . 7/17/2010
I read it in one sitting. It was a different way to see the end to the current point. It made me regret not finishing the third arc to my 9 Fic and has certainly urged me to have at it, considering Im replaying through FF9 doesn't help in the least.

It was a wonderful piece, rare to see many 9 fics in the '10 year. Good, flowing plot and was a nice POV perspective. Bravo and encore I must say.

-Ou Rex
Semperai chapter 13 . 5/17/2010
This story was amazing! The characters were in character, the plot was good, I loved it! The ending felt a little too quick though (Chp. 13).
Anime-17 chapter 5 . 4/15/2010
SO CUTE! and so fantastically written! you are amazing and i love this story to bits!
Jaslazul chapter 13 . 4/9/2010
huhuhuhuh

Finished this last night at like, one, or something.

So, uh. I like the idea of the mentally-unstable Zidane. Fits what's happened pretty well and is understandable 'cause of the whole threeyears thing. I think the resolution of that in the desert palace was maybe a bit too much of a hit on pathos, but ehh, I tend to think like that in general.

My biggest plot issues with this last part of this fic are twofold: one, the pseudo—deux ex machina seen in the eidolons' appearance, and two, that there didn't seem to be enough conflict with Alexandria. (I liked Beatrix's portrayal, but it seemed that those in opposition to her beliefs didn't appear enough.) I just like that kinda stuff, though-intrigue and... stuff.

I must say that-partly because of the deus ex machina and more because of my preferences in stories-I liked the first half of this fic the best. Doesn't mean that I dislike the latter portions, but rather that I think the execution in the first sections was better. (But that could be because most of the first section revolved heavily around canon, whereas the second section covered ground untouched by the game. iDunno.)

Anyway, overall I enjoyed this fic, and I think it might've satisfied my FFIX fever to the point that I might not have to write something FFIXish.
Jaslazul chapter 7 . 4/8/2010
My assumption is that he's speaking to himself at the end of this chapter.

That said, I don't feel that this chapter was as strong as any of the preceeding ones. For me, romance stories are mostly about the conflict the romance incites with the character and his/her usual atmosphere, and the changes he/she must undergo as a result of it. It felt like the majority of this chapter was devoid of the tension and conflict that has driven the story forward so far-in short, I felt Zidane and Garnet's prolonged, mostly solitary union was a bit out of place. There may be more conflict in the future, but this chapter just felt a little bit too calm. (Of course, it also presents an opportunity to seize upon that in the future, but we'll see how that goes.)

(I also wasn't really expecting it to go where it did in the end, but eh, it does make sense. I don't believe either of them intended for it to happen [I know Garnet didn't, and she's the one who urged it on], and the sense of uncertainty gives the ending a bit of verisimilitude. It also makes for a crapload of future conflict.)

Oh, I did like the towel thing, though. the uh, one where Garnet considers if lack of towel would be worse or not. Mainly 'cause on the surface, those lines seem almost comedic, but there's a depth and struggle behind them that is very real.
Jaslazul chapter 5 . 4/8/2010
Absolutely amazing. I had been wondering what went on during the ending in everyone's heads/what happened after the ending, and I couldn't come up with a good progression, but the way you did it is flawless. Zidane's lines were perfectly in-character, and the parts near the end, especially the panic and the realization of change, were something that I hadn't thought about, but they make so much sense.

(I also like how the reunion is not 100% .5; it's bittersweet in some places, but that's only realistic [and if gives room for more development later on].)

Given, there are a few typos, but none sufficient enough to detract from the immersion enough to matter. Some errors are inevitable, though, just 'cause of the way the brain works (ah subjectivity).

So, uh, good job. I'm enjoying this fic... probably more than I've enjoyed something on this site in about a year and a half, and I come here pretty regularly.

(As a side-note, one of my favorite parts of this chapter was this line:

"Oh, they could act like kings and fool even the nobles, but by Bahamut's tail none of them could carry a tune in a bucket to save their lives."

Writers always worry about the plot climaxes and the Meaning and Direction behind everything-and with good reason, 'cause a story can't be good without either of those-but it's the tiny details like this, and the specific descriptions of Zidane earlier, that separate the good from the great.)
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »