Reviews for Just Like You Protected Us
Shio Moriyama chapter 2 . 6/15
It's almost like magic with the way you're able to easily captivate the reader and draw them into the story. Dagger's emotions are very descriptive and powerful, something that, in my opinion, is rather hard to pull off in first person POV stories. Again, just my opinion.

So kudos to that, fellow author.
Shio Moriyama chapter 1 . 6/15
Damn, why can't I put some sort of rating? This story is honestly one of the best, if not THE best, Zidane x Dagger romance fics I've ever read.

I can't stress enough how much I love your personification of the two main characters, and I really enjoy how you tell the story from Dagger's perspective.

One review down. Now to do the other chaps!
Q-A the Authoress chapter 12 . 9/19/2015
Nice that Fredrick was told his place. And of course that 'marriage' by the Dwarves, I wondered if that would come up in this story glad to see it did.

Even more glad to see Zidiane is getting passed his whole inception episode.

Keep on Writin' and Rockin'
Virtue chapter 13 . 6/4/2015
First I must say I LOVED this! I think after a 5 year departure from fanfiction you've inspired me to go back to writing for a bit. Everyone is is character, yet you've portrayed how Zidane would've matured and changed during that time. Makes him seem more believable. And I absolutely love how you included and portrayed the eidolons as human like and tied them into the story like that. It's so original and made them into interesting characters rather than cool clip scenes that flash briefly in the game. Great read. I read it in one sitting tonight. I must see more from you!
MichaelR92 chapter 13 . 4/8/2014
Wow...absolutely magical. I say this a lot but this here is one of the mist important fanfic pieces for this game I've read. I wish it was longer though, some areas felt rushed for example the final chapter. None the less your style is good and I found it easy to image. Excellent job!
Beitrix chapter 7 . 3/8/2013
As I'm reading this, I begin to think "This all sounds very familiar... I think I've read this fic before..." Still as good as the first time i read it. :)
Nikikeya chapter 13 . 12/15/2011
I loved this story! w It was sooo good. (Lol and I loved Bahamut.)

I really loved your characterization of Garnet, and I liked that the story was more about romance and adventure than just them having sex.

I was still rooting for Zidane to smash Fredrik's smug face in. Sadly that probably would have been counter productive... still, I can dream. XD
nothereanymore08 chapter 13 . 9/10/2011
I couldn't sleep till I knew what happened at the end, and here I am! Four in the morning, and I finally finished reading this awesome story of yours! ) My first language is spanish, so I'm going to do my best to leave a decent critic/opinion to you, because you simply deserve it.

It was great; the right amount of romance, drama, and even humor. I found myself smiling a few times, while in other parts I felt the sadness of Garnet, or the intensity of her relationship with Zidane (my god, when they were at Pinnacle Rocks...I'm pretty sure I was blushing like an idiot). All in all, you did great transporting us, readers, to the atmosphere of the story. Even the fact that Zidane isn't completly alright at the end is awesome (and I feel so bad saying it like that xD), because it's realistic, because it shows that even if all isn't perfect in his life, he still could get by with the support of Garnet and his friends. And the eidolons! I can't begin to tell you how much I loved the way you portrayed them; the really felt like a part of Garnet, like the guardians they are. Simply amazing.

So, end of the rambling! Hope all of this is legible, hehe. Congrats on the story, I really think is one of the greatest I read in this section.
Beitrix chapter 13 . 5/11/2011
OMG this was fantastic! i loved it!
Misfile17 chapter 13 . 5/3/2011
Two reviews in one day...But for good reason!

This Story was so well crafted I don't think I'll ever find a better one that revolves around this game. I love Final Fantasy IX as a game and this is what I would call a PERFECT follow up to the already amazing ending the game had. You are ridiculously talented as an author and I am about to go and read everything you have posted on this site. Thank you for such a wonderful tale, I can't tell you how happy I am to have read this and bawled my eyes out several times xD
Misfile17 chapter 5 . 5/3/2011
I realise Im a little late to this fic but I just want to say that it is by far the best FF9 Fic I have ever had the pleasure to come across. The way You portray the characters and their emotions is almost unbelievable because they seem so real ( I realise that might not make much sense ) Zidane's panic attack in this chapter almost had me in tears because it was so emotionally involving. Definetly subscribing xD
darknessofwhite chapter 13 . 3/19/2011
A very plausible ending to one of the greatest stories of all time in my opinion. I can see a sequel game or anime coming directly off of this plot. It was very well written and I can't get the images out of my head of the settings you used, or the emotions out of my heart that Dagger and Zidane have for each other. Thank you for continuing the story to this point.
Ou-Rex chapter 13 . 7/17/2010
I read it in one sitting. It was a different way to see the end to the current point. It made me regret not finishing the third arc to my 9 Fic and has certainly urged me to have at it, considering Im replaying through FF9 doesn't help in the least.

It was a wonderful piece, rare to see many 9 fics in the '10 year. Good, flowing plot and was a nice POV perspective. Bravo and encore I must say.

-Ou Rex
Semperai chapter 13 . 5/17/2010
This story was amazing! The characters were in character, the plot was good, I loved it! The ending felt a little too quick though (Chp. 13).
Anime-17 chapter 5 . 4/15/2010
SO CUTE! and so fantastically written! you are amazing and i love this story to bits!
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »