Reviews for Paper Mario: The Temple of the Sun
lol5u4 chapter 41 . 6/28
this has to be the BEST mario fan fic i have EVER read in my life.
PokSean chapter 8 . 5/11
(Looks up Chuggaconroy yelling "END OF CHAPTER!")
Allagenda-domsitzers-chan chapter 58 . 3/1
Haha... this story was a treasure, from beginning to end. I loved the little bits of humor, and everything else you did to make this feel like a true Paper Mario story. If Nintendo ever makes this into a game then just to let you know I'll be right at their door the day they release it, just so I can play it even though I'll already know what will happen. Keep writing, and seriously, I would pay for this game with my nonexistent money.
Allagenda-domsitzers-chan chapter 11 . 2/14
Clefford, smashing dreams... 'The tooth fairy's not real?!' lol Anyways I just wanted to add another review to this lovely story... you have given me inspiration and hope. Thank you.
I just want Snatchel and Maizee to /kiss/!
Selias chapter 58 . 12/21/2016
Man, that was an amazing read. Thanks for putting the time and effort into writing this for us!
Justin Bieber chapter 51 . 12/20/2016
Hihihii
FurorNocturna chapter 30 . 9/29/2016
Whoooooooaaaaaaaaaaa. Things get DARKER!
FurorNocturna chapter 29 . 9/29/2016
Okay, Toadsworth's impersonation was the funniest thing his character has done, canon or otherwise, that I've EVER seen! Just…WOW! XD
Then Bowser abusing "diplomatic immunity" (when he's anything but) was another highlight, and Nobb with the ice cream

A circus chapter and a Mr. Dark expy villain. It seems the trend of the fourth chapter in the Paper Mario games taking big epic turns continues with this. Mario getting his group an act was priceless; Snatchel's reaction being my favorite. And I love the addition of another Shadow Siren character; and hell, all the circus characters are great. Dulia's also a fantastic addition (Hanner got her wish!), and a new favorite of mine alongside Snatchel. Mario has another moment, but it was cool to see him get over much easier than the first time. And them defeating the boss was incredibly cathartic, especially ending on the note of a new OC OTP coming true (too cute!) and the voices of partners past being my two favorites from the first two games.
FurorNocturna chapter 23 . 9/29/2016
Damn it, Luigi! Stop being so cute! The image of him so happily telling his brother where the next Sun Soul is located is so vivid, it makes me smile like a goof!

Oh, and this bit: "Anyway, I just hope she's a girl. We need more girls on this team!"

"You're not exactly a paragon of femininity yourself, Hanner,"

Not as good as Mario's response to half of Peach getting kidnapped, but still fantastic! Also, I'm just noticing now how much "Goomblaine" sounds like "complain", though I'm not sure if that was intentional.

Then this:

Mario shrugged. "Oh, you know. Plumbing and electrical engineering… they're related fields."
"I wouldn't know. We ain't got either of those things at Golden Spur Ranch," said Snatchel.
"Too much info," Hanner muttered.

I laughed much harder than I should've at that XD
FurorNocturna chapter 22 . 9/29/2016
Yay! Luigi has more spotlight this chapter, and his braver side's more apparent too (he's my fav, so I'm extra giddy)! Glad to see someone hasn't forgotten about his Super Jump! I love how Sall and Bess have minor attractions to him; go Weegie! Mario's not the only one who gets the ladies! Rizz is a sly one, and it's clear she's more competent than Jaff and his group, so I wonder how this new part will unfold. And will Luigi be doing more for her in exchange for the Sun Soul locations? And Bowser playing the "wait game" is one of my new favorite images XD

Each chapter continues to get better than the last! Ferdinand and the Surfer Bumpties were a laugh riot, and I really like the Wild West theme. Snatchel has to be my favorite partner up to this point, and it honestly took me by surprise how he reacted to meeting Miss Maizee (Mario's double take was just PRICELESS!). He's an awesome addition to the group. You got me again with that final twist too. My mind played the infamous theme from "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" during that epic western showdown. Really, what better way than to end or with that?
FurorNocturna chapter 16 . 9/28/2016
C'mon, Weege! What happened to the guy who basically said "Whatevs" when you learned you where in the Underwhere, i.e. the game version of the Underworld? And you helped save the multiverse on that same adventure for that matter! After that, a labyrinth should sound like a piece of cake, what has you so uneasy?
FurorNocturna chapter 16 . 9/28/2016
I have to give special mention to this bit:

Koopa: "Hey look, everyone! It's the mustache guy!"
Mouser: "Quick everybody! Let's pelt rocks at him!"
Mario: *rocks are thrown at him* "WHAT THE HECK?!"

Nintendo should hire you. Or better yet, a group like ICU Gigasoft or other should fund and make this into a legit fan game (with your say-so/approval, that is)!
FurorNocturna chapter 15 . 9/28/2016
Yeah, why IS it always Peach? I mean, in SPM it was LUIGI instead who was the Apocalypse Maiden at the end (the foretold "ideal host" for the Chaos Heart, and was mind controlled by Dimentio to fulfill that role and what not), but Peach was still kidnapped in the beginning to kick-off the 'End of All Words'. I really enjoyed that part, especially when Luigi was abashed when she said "why can't Daisy get kidnapped just once?". "Princess, you broke it!" was a great line too. And the Bowser bits, of course are comedy gold! I really liked the call-back to the "marriage" between him and Peach from SPM; of COURSE he would still believe it was legitimate. I wonder what interesting developments will come from this new team up…

I really love this story so far. Clefford was a hilarious jerk, Frieda was a nICE boss, and Stubba is a wonderful third partner. It was immensely satisfying to see Frieda beat up the Darkstriders, and really awesome to see Mario get some character development of his own. I know his character's purposefully underdeveloped in order to be versatile with the adventures he goes on, but it's nice to see him portrayed as more "human" on occasion. I particularly liked this because you show he isn't immune to/come out completely unscathed by all the dark stuff he's experienced, giving special shout outs to the "really bad experiences" with Tubba Blubba and Grubba.

My only con so far is Luigi's (his Nightside half's anyway) more timid portrayal. Yes, that's his usual personality in the franchise, but in the Paper Mario series, ESPECIALLY Super Paper Mario, Luigi was much braver and heroic than in the mainstream games. I guess I could justify it a bit considering the trauma he when through in Super as well (BOY HOWDY), but it was a bit disappointing. However, that's mainly subjective on my perspective; as a whole, this is magnificent.
FurorNocturna chapter 10 . 9/28/2016
"So only half of you got kidnapped?' Mario chuckled. "Well, that's fifty-percent better than average."

I'm DYING! X'D
Tears in my eyes, stomach in cramps! That's too good!