Reviews for Paper Mario: The Temple of the Sun
FurorNocturna chapter 30 . 9/29
Whoooooooaaaaaaaaaaa. Things get DARKER!
FurorNocturna chapter 29 . 9/29
Okay, Toadsworth's impersonation was the funniest thing his character has done, canon or otherwise, that I've EVER seen! Just…WOW! XD
Then Bowser abusing "diplomatic immunity" (when he's anything but) was another highlight, and Nobb with the ice cream

A circus chapter and a Mr. Dark expy villain. It seems the trend of the fourth chapter in the Paper Mario games taking big epic turns continues with this. Mario getting his group an act was priceless; Snatchel's reaction being my favorite. And I love the addition of another Shadow Siren character; and hell, all the circus characters are great. Dulia's also a fantastic addition (Hanner got her wish!), and a new favorite of mine alongside Snatchel. Mario has another moment, but it was cool to see him get over much easier than the first time. And them defeating the boss was incredibly cathartic, especially ending on the note of a new OC OTP coming true (too cute!) and the voices of partners past being my two favorites from the first two games.
FurorNocturna chapter 23 . 9/29
Damn it, Luigi! Stop being so cute! The image of him so happily telling his brother where the next Sun Soul is located is so vivid, it makes me smile like a goof!

Oh, and this bit: "Anyway, I just hope she's a girl. We need more girls on this team!"

"You're not exactly a paragon of femininity yourself, Hanner,"

Not as good as Mario's response to half of Peach getting kidnapped, but still fantastic! Also, I'm just noticing now how much "Goomblaine" sounds like "complain", though I'm not sure if that was intentional.

Then this:

Mario shrugged. "Oh, you know. Plumbing and electrical engineering… they're related fields."
"I wouldn't know. We ain't got either of those things at Golden Spur Ranch," said Snatchel.
"Too much info," Hanner muttered.

I laughed much harder than I should've at that XD
FurorNocturna chapter 22 . 9/29
Yay! Luigi has more spotlight this chapter, and his braver side's more apparent too (he's my fav, so I'm extra giddy)! Glad to see someone hasn't forgotten about his Super Jump! I love how Sall and Bess have minor attractions to him; go Weegie! Mario's not the only one who gets the ladies! Rizz is a sly one, and it's clear she's more competent than Jaff and his group, so I wonder how this new part will unfold. And will Luigi be doing more for her in exchange for the Sun Soul locations? And Bowser playing the "wait game" is one of my new favorite images XD

Each chapter continues to get better than the last! Ferdinand and the Surfer Bumpties were a laugh riot, and I really like the Wild West theme. Snatchel has to be my favorite partner up to this point, and it honestly took me by surprise how he reacted to meeting Miss Maizee (Mario's double take was just PRICELESS!). He's an awesome addition to the group. You got me again with that final twist too. My mind played the infamous theme from "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" during that epic western showdown. Really, what better way than to end or with that?
FurorNocturna chapter 16 . 9/28
C'mon, Weege! What happened to the guy who basically said "Whatevs" when you learned you where in the Underwhere, i.e. the game version of the Underworld? And you helped save the multiverse on that same adventure for that matter! After that, a labyrinth should sound like a piece of cake, what has you so uneasy?
FurorNocturna chapter 16 . 9/28
I have to give special mention to this bit:

Koopa: "Hey look, everyone! It's the mustache guy!"
Mouser: "Quick everybody! Let's pelt rocks at him!"
Mario: *rocks are thrown at him* "WHAT THE HECK?!"

Nintendo should hire you. Or better yet, a group like ICU Gigasoft or other should fund and make this into a legit fan game (with your say-so/approval, that is)!
FurorNocturna chapter 15 . 9/28
Yeah, why IS it always Peach? I mean, in SPM it was LUIGI instead who was the Apocalypse Maiden at the end (the foretold "ideal host" for the Chaos Heart, and was mind controlled by Dimentio to fulfill that role and what not), but Peach was still kidnapped in the beginning to kick-off the 'End of All Words'. I really enjoyed that part, especially when Luigi was abashed when she said "why can't Daisy get kidnapped just once?". "Princess, you broke it!" was a great line too. And the Bowser bits, of course are comedy gold! I really liked the call-back to the "marriage" between him and Peach from SPM; of COURSE he would still believe it was legitimate. I wonder what interesting developments will come from this new team up…

I really love this story so far. Clefford was a hilarious jerk, Frieda was a nICE boss, and Stubba is a wonderful third partner. It was immensely satisfying to see Frieda beat up the Darkstriders, and really awesome to see Mario get some character development of his own. I know his character's purposefully underdeveloped in order to be versatile with the adventures he goes on, but it's nice to see him portrayed as more "human" on occasion. I particularly liked this because you show he isn't immune to/come out completely unscathed by all the dark stuff he's experienced, giving special shout outs to the "really bad experiences" with Tubba Blubba and Grubba.

My only con so far is Luigi's (his Nightside half's anyway) more timid portrayal. Yes, that's his usual personality in the franchise, but in the Paper Mario series, ESPECIALLY Super Paper Mario, Luigi was much braver and heroic than in the mainstream games. I guess I could justify it a bit considering the trauma he when through in Super as well (BOY HOWDY), but it was a bit disappointing. However, that's mainly subjective on my perspective; as a whole, this is magnificent.
FurorNocturna chapter 10 . 9/28
"So only half of you got kidnapped?' Mario chuckled. "Well, that's fifty-percent better than average."

Tears in my eyes, stomach in cramps! That's too good!
FurorNocturna chapter 9 . 9/28
Correction: When Peach references Super Paper Mario, it was to destroy the MULTIverse, not just universe singular.

Other than that, the TVtropes reviews of this story don't even remotely do it justice for how good it is! It's a great setup, the feel and charm are phenomenally authentic to the canon games, you reference ALL of the prior Paper Mario games that came out at the point you started this (there's very few that I've seen group SPM with its predecessors, and I fail to understand why to the extent I do with the same being done to Sticker Star). I also kinda like Mario's dialogue, it's very in-character for him.

This is every bit worthy of the praise it receives and I'm excited to read the rest!
TheChargingRhino chapter 58 . 8/15
Finished this in...I think five days.
Somebody made this game. Now.
Kurisu Shiruba chapter 58 . 6/27

This is simply the best. While the original game series do everything they can to give paper mario a bad name, this story alone is a greater accomplishment than what Sticker Star is and Color Splash will never be.
ChangelingRin chapter 58 . 5/13
Okay. I just finished this story, and I would like to say a few things.

First off, WOW. How you managed to create an entire plot, characters, villain, cliffhangers, and who-knows-what-else is highly impressive and slightly beyond me. Kudos for that.

Second, this story has the honor of being on my Favorites page. I don't often Favorite things; it usually takes me a LONG time to decide on something and I'm usually very careful about the choices I make. Once I do though, I'm committed for… I dunno, eternity or something like that. So basically, you made a story that matched all my touchy little expectations and then some.

And lastly, you NAILED the Paper Mario feel. I mean, REALLY nailed it. I especially loved all the little references you made to the previous games and companions, because it really made the story feel like it was actually part of the Mario universe. Just… Good job all around.

Seriously, great work. I sincerely hope you never stop writing. Oh, and good luck on Majerkass's Mask, last time I was over there you were having writer's block or something else annoying.

And… that's it. Don't forget to be awesome!
XxPeacegirl02xX chapter 5 . 5/6
At least Mario isn't completely loved, because of Goomblaine...

It's not that I don't like Mario, but I bet he's not used to someone hating him. Could provide some interesting content.

As for the story so far, the writing's good, Goomblaine could make for a promising character, but there are some things that irked me:

How the clouds suddenly appeared when Mario gets there, bad things always happen on vacations cliché (though at least Peach isn't kidnapped; this detail nullifies the cliche a bit), the pacing went quick once Goomblaine appeared which caused Mario to chase after him. Couldn't Mario have done something to tell the Guardains something, futile or not?

Maybe if I read more, things will clear this a shot, because, you know, the climax of all Paper Mario games (minus Sticker Star...actually not a hater, but the complete lack of character development, interactions, and variety of the characters [the only friendly NPC consisted of Toads? Really Nintendo?] bothered me.) Woah. Long rant on Sticker Star...but your story has WAY more character development than that game. OKAY enough Sticker Star.

This shows that you can write good personalities and have a decent variety on the characters. That seems to be one of your strengths. Some situations seem a bit cliché, like the quest of finding Hanner's hammer, but maybe the story will throw in more key plot points and other, more original situations.

DANG, this was the longest review I seemed to have written. Not flaming, I promise. I might write a review about things in this story that I thought seemed good, or bad. I'll be sticking around...

XXPay4XtraShippingsXX chapter 58 . 4/7
I wish this was a real game.
I totally binge-read this entire thing in two days, instead of finishing my art homework like I was supposed to! Man oh man, you have such a talent with bringing back the whole "Paper Mario" feel!
The partners! I just want to draw them!
And Mayzee and Snatchel! Ship, ship, ship!
And Goomblaine! Amazing how such an unlikable character is still so...likable!
And all the references to Paper Mario 2...fantastic.
I love this story...sooo much. It was a real joy to read. I just have to thank you for writing something so entertaining and uplifting.
Keep writing and God bless!
getrekt chapter 7 . 3/20