Reviews for La roue tourne
Alexa Hiwatari chapter 7 . 4/24/2013
it is interesenting but is sad how Javert and Jean ended so bad... and also for Cossette going missing
sycamoreleaf chapter 7 . 5/5/2011
There are no words to describe how much I adore this story of yours!It's beautiful in so many ways - makes me sad knowing it is now abandoned...
JustAnotherMizzie chapter 7 . 4/3/2010
This is a truly fantastic and well thought out work! You've addressed one of the many things I love about Les Miserables - how many twists and turns could have happened, but didn't. I'm thoroughly enjoying this; your characterizations are well done and true to the originals. Good job so far! Please update!
kafkian chapter 3 . 11/11/2009
“How Jean May Become Champ” is it a part of the book?
Trompe-la-Mort chapter 7 . 10/25/2009
Wow, that interrogation... I only remarked at the end that I'd been holding my breath for the whole time. Really great writing. The last chapter confused me a bit... Ok, Javert gave his word to fetch the child, but one might think that he'd first make sure in his own way that Valjean would still be there when he returned. What makes him suddenly so trusting?

Great nevertheless. Please continue!
Rachel Indeed chapter 7 . 10/23/2009
Yeep! Poor Cosette! Although Javert's awesomeness knows no bounds, and his faith in the processes of law are probably about to be tested.

I'm so enjoying this. Thanks so much for writing!
L'Ael-Inire chapter 7 . 10/22/2009
I. . . am. . . confused. I don't know. I don't know, this chapter struck me as odd. It struck me odd that Javert was so subdued regarding the death of Fantine, and, like it was pointed out, seemed to be somehow touched by it. It struck me odd that Valjean should feel so comfortable with him, although evidently Javert is giving off a trustable vibe at this point. I feel like all this is less any kind of fault on your part, but more a meaningful misunderstanding on mine. I feel perhaps you're. . . planning. No, plotting. You're plotting, you are. So is Javert (but what's new?). The segment where he and Valjean interact is unusually docile, but then it also is from the point of view of Valjean, whom I feel maybe is being more deceived by Javert's seemingly. . . is human the right word? . . . disposition than he realizes and, therefore, than we as the audience realize. I don't know, I'm not making much sense at all. I don't know what to think of this chapter-I enjoyed it, certainly, but it doesn't make much sense to me right after reading it. I think it's only fair of me to wait to see how things play out before giving a real opinion.

L'Ael
PhantomInspector chapter 7 . 10/22/2009
Aw, geez, more deception on Thenardier's part. I wonder where Cosette ended up (I do hope she's not dead, poor little thing). And I'm thinking nobody's going to be coming for Valjean any time soon - aside from Javert, but what can he do at this point? Very curious. I'm also intrigued as to whether we find out who replaces Javert. I can't stop wondering about what will happen, which is good.
Birikein chapter 7 . 10/22/2009
Oh... no Fantine, ok... no Cosette, sniff. Now I'm high interest XD
AmZ chapter 7 . 10/21/2009
Uh oh.

It's odd that Javert would fork the money over now, and expect the girl later. One would think he would *request* the girl first, and then pay for her afterwards, if she were presented to him in good repair, as it were...
Rachel Indeed chapter 6 . 10/17/2009
Wow! Thank you for this intense and wonderfully written story. I like how you portray the subtle but corrupting changes Valjean's dereliction of duty are creating in his mindset and behavior. And I like your realistic portrayal of Javert's hatred and ugly instincts as well as his intelligence and honor. Fascinating. Thanks so much for writing. I hope he goes for Cosette ~ he more than anyone should know that the children of the 'guilty' are worth honoring.
Birikein chapter 6 . 10/15/2009
I love your style and the story is great.
PhantomInspector chapter 6 . 10/14/2009
Ah, the tension is fatal! :D Yeah, I'm just reviewing everything I've read so far and it is awesome! Amazing! I particularly loved the 'prosecuting attorney' comment and "How did Javert know everything?" comment in this chapter. And the fact that Javert can't ask the burning, million-dollar question and Valjean is praying to High Heaven he doesn't. Oh.

But I ams worried about poor Fantine! Oh Noes! :'( And what will Javert do next? What will happen to Cosette? *head about to explode from suspense*
L'Ael-Inire chapter 6 . 10/14/2009
Oh man, I put off reading this for SO long when I saw it was updated just so I could savor it when I did. I reread the last chapter, even. This is getting-so-good. I'll warn you, just about every review I intend to be redundant and comment on how flawless your writing style is in regards to its similarities to Hugo. I mean. . . I mean, honestly? I can't get over it. Seriously, I have the book right next to me as I speak. I'm reading over the interaction of Valjean and Javert in his office, when Javert requests to be dismissed. You seem infallible, my dear. It's crazy, it's so crazy. I don't know how you do it. I'm writing more now, but can see I desperately need to practice to get even close to you.

I'm so, so very excited that this is really going somewhere. Admittedly, last chapter I was wondering how you would go about it, keep it going, because I couldn't think of a way to get around the seemingly impending disaster that last line would result in: "You must tell me exactly who, and what, you really are." Javert's up to something, I can see it. (God, I still can't stop thinking about how perfect the characters are. You win, I give up.) But he is up to something. I just wonder what. Hmm. Hm. . . . . .

I can't wait (and you now know that's not a cliche but a very literal claim) for the next chapter. . . !

- L'Ael
Bramblefox chapter 6 . 10/14/2009
Oh, the plot thickens! This is becoming more and more interesting the longer it continues-I foresee another confrontation with Javert in the future...and I hate to be a bother, but please write more! :D