Reviews for A Glass of Port
xThomas2 chapter 1 . 5/20/2015
Ha? Hmm
Broken Ascendent chapter 1 . 2/21/2015
Wonderful, I would like a continuation.
Flareose - Knifepoint Entry chapter 1 . 10/5/2014

No, but on a serious note, nice job.

Jelly and jam time.
Parselmaster chapter 1 . 7/14/2014
This, I think, is a fascinating story idea. One that I have not seen before, but had thought about.
MissMary chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
Interesting AU.
ByLanternLight chapter 1 . 11/17/2013
4/5. A fun mental exercise.
Beyogi chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
Interseting story. Ganondorf always made a bad villain as it was easier to sympathize with him than the good guys.

Thank you for writing this interesting story,
Shinigami Hollow chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
This fic is still as beautiful as the first time I read it, even years later. Wonderful job, a terrific exploration of the characters, their motivations, their sorrows and their histories.

Ganondorf's possibly hidden ambitions, and the potential for honesty from a man thought evil (or a possibility for lies hidden in truth).

I love how Link is a smart lad, but young yet, still so naive, so trusting. Yet maybe he is right to trust, trust this man who everyone else has only judged before by race or appearance or past deeds that were performed with (self-proclaimed) noble intentions, just, so much can is hinted at or has a possibility of being in so few words, and it's just, stunning really.

You wonder whether Ganondorf is being entirely truthful, if he is not just being the liesmith he is know to be, and yet then you feel guilty for thinking so, because you have heard his tale, he is the last, and he is so very old, if not in body than in spirit, and you just wonder (even if just a bit) whether you can really judge a man such as this, when you cannot really understand his plight, the entirety of his motivations (whether for love for his people or his own greed, a mixture of the two), without standing in his shoes, and know that your are the last, that these people depended on you and you failed them (or at the least you feel you failed them, whether he did or not is up to interpretation). You may of course try, but, can you really understand?

I've always loved Ganondorf, and I've always loved fics that explore the more nuanced sides of him, and this fic, this fic is just one of the best at doing so.

Bravo, just, bravo.

(I rambled, I apologize, TL;DR your fic inspires so many many feels in me and I just, I have no words, and yet I must speak)
Lord Siravant chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
I enjoyed this story, and I can see that this is how it could have gone if Ganondorf hadn't been dumb and thrown Link back out into the ocean. Now old enemies work together towards a common goal: the restoration of their world.
Kurai Ummei chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
I liked it. n_n
Madork Gunna chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
*opens mouth*

*closes it, fails to find the proper words*

*tries again*

*fails again*

"... This is like watching a car about to slam into another one in slow motion. I just can't look away, even though I know it's going to end in disaster. Well done sir, well done."
Yuber-Trice chapter 1 . 1/23/2012

That would be a very interesting and fun plot.

And wouldn't it be something, if for all his plots, Ganondorf, in the end, helped everyone?
Murazor chapter 1 . 1/19/2012

A bit random, but not bad. And if there's a Ganondorf who could ever consider teaming up with a Link, that would be the one in Wind Waker.
Flame Darkmoon chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
Please Continue this story this is too good a plot to waste.
MrEmperor chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
Wow this is pretty awesome. I wasn’t quite expecting this outcome. Makes me almost fear for this version of Hyrule.