Reviews for The First Time
timbergirl chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Mal and his ship :)
ebfiddler chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Sweet. I knew it was Serenity from the word go. That look Mal gave her at the end of Out of Gas says it all...except you said it all in words. I do believe Serenity is the only one Mal was able to give his whole heart to, since the War, and she returns the favor by giving everything back to him.
doctorg chapter 5 . 5/16/2011
Again with the ridiculously awesome sweetness! "Can't live on what-ifs. Just gotta do what needs doin', best as ya can, ever time, dong ma?" I need a little Mal bobblehead who will give me that pep talk from time to time. Thanks so much for sharing these stories with us (me). :-D They are absolutely great!
doctorg chapter 4 . 5/16/2011
Aw, I can't believe that this chapter is even more touching than the last! And I can't even pick a favorite line - this one was just perfect for Jayne's voice: Any what wouldn't do, weren't no kinda man., but then I also loved: Another crap-heel situation he'd got himself into that he'd gloss over in his letter home. 'Dear Ma, Had a good job, decent food, but it just didn't work out. How's the weather there?' Jayne knew she never fell for the whole story, always wanted more for her boy, but he did what he had to do and she knew it.
doctorg chapter 3 . 5/16/2011
Aw. I really like this idea: World he was from was so polluted, he'd never seen them except on cortex vids. The earnestness of this chapter was just so very Wash-y. Love it.
doctorg chapter 2 . 5/16/2011
Also great! I thought she might be going to the altar (whatever the equivalent of a City Hall wedding might be) but you surprised me. :-D Come to think of it, I wonder if Mal married them, as ship's captain? This was my favorite line (or part of a line): Zoƫ always chose slink over fooferal.
doctorg chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
Just great. This in particular: Malcolm Reynolds never held much truck with the notion of love at first sight. Chalked it up to all be a bunch of fairy tale go se, conjured up to sell cortex vids and dime-store romantical tales to teenage girls and middle aged housewives. - that language is so perfect for the Firefly 'verse. Can't wait to get to the next chapters!
lying.pandora chapter 2 . 1/23/2011
I absolutely love Wash and Zoe and just didn't want this chapter to end!
basaltone chapter 3 . 12/7/2010
This chapter cracked me up when I figured it out. Great.
miss-sci-fi chapter 5 . 11/24/2010
I really like the way this is written. I especially enjoyed Chapter 2 as I can definately see Zoe treating a first date as a big dangerous mission.

I'm really interested to see where the rest of this goes
spinster chapter 5 . 10/18/2010
Oh - you ARE good. Got me every time, thinking it was one thing and tumbling it around to be something else. I hope there will be more of these First Time stories.
Thescarredman chapter 5 . 9/21/2010
Marvelous. I held my breath at some point in each and every chapter. I especially liked Jayne's backstory and Kaylee's tense situation dealing with the captain's... expectations. Cute and clever and I hope you continue with it to include all the crewmembers, and maybe some of the secondary characters too!
Jadzia Bear chapter 5 . 5/22/2010
What a gorgeous chapter! I just loved it, thank you : )
Jadzia Bear chapter 4 . 5/22/2010
That was amazing. I really loved your back story for Jayne, and I love the idea of Serenity (and Kaylee) being the start of some sort of redemption for Jayne.
RionaEire chapter 5 . 5/22/2010
I think that was a good first for Kaylee, something that will happen again many times and something that would be a big thing the first time, and continue to be important afterword when it no doubt happens again. I like how her Pa and her had that talk. I see what you were trying to do, to insinuate, that can be funny sometimes but you've done it a few times in this story now and its one of those things, the sex trick, it is one of those things that you don't want to do too much or else people know you're foolin, I assumed you were foolin because of that Wash scene a while back. But you did write it well and I like your choice of what to have Kaylee's first be.

Riona