Reviews for AU: A Saiyan Warrior
Williams1996 chapter 8 . 5/22
Kakarot is sadly mistaken Saiyans usually fight in teams
Williams1996 chapter 1 . 5/22
So you are starting a year or 2 later than canon think goku is 10 or 11 at the start of dragon ball
Amargi'sNodachi chapter 58 . 4/1
Lol, watching Videl act so scorned is hilarious
ignazio.ragonesi chapter 1 . 2/6
When will you update again because I have finished it but there are still a few chapters left before it is finished
Sasuke star chapter 76 . 1/17
I need answers when are you going to update this story
Ultra goku chapter 76 . 1/1
Your story is amazing keep up the good job and please update these year
Rebel chapter 76 . 12/23/2021
Is incredibile the next cap?
Dr Gero chapter 76 . 11/16/2021
This was a really entertaining story! The overall plot and changes I liked quite a bit, especially the inclusion of some of the movies and this last arc, which felt creepy at times with the disappearing fighters. The fighting felt like you found a good balance most of the time between being descriptive and keeping the pace of the story progressing.
The dialogue could use some more inflection as at times it felt like some lines could have been said by any character, but that does improve as the story goes on. Some of the events that stayed close to canon felt like they didn't really need to as you're creative enough to make your original plots interesting, but that doesn't happen enough to be a major complaint. I do wish we had more inclusion of certain characters like Grandpa Gohan, who felt like he disappeared once Kakarot met Bulma. Also I would have liked to see what King Kai thought about his techniques being shared or seen Krillin get approval to teach others at some point. Oh! And kudos for remembering the Crane storyline, I was really surprised by that and curious where that would go.
Overall the biggest issue I had is that overall power levels felt pretty wonky and suspect, but I kind of ignore that easily so it's not a huge detriment. And I like that the other characters have stayed relevant for longer anyway, plus Krillin being the human savant and a key power player early to mid story is fun. (And the extra savageness in his style with clutch destructo discs, likely influenced by Kakarot from a young age, so it makes sense.)
All that said, this was consistently entertaining and on the occasion my attention started to wane something would bring me back in. It's too bad the story hasn't been updated in a long time but the fact that you managed to go from Dragin Ball to almost the Buu saga is a big accomplishment. (And you covered almost all my favorite moments of Z anyway, so I'm not complaining.)
Thanks for writing a very fun story for all of us!
uchiha-rune chapter 46 . 9/16/2021
Good story, horrible power levels.
Kristen Hirdman chapter 76 . 7/13/2021
I love this story please keep writing chapters
Tenjo chapter 31 . 5/3/2021
You’re not even trying to make sense of it now. Vegeta is stronger than Kakarott again, who already got a ridiculously large boost from training at 100x gravity. Krillin and Tien both somehow got significantly stronger after being healed despite not being saiyans. Speaking of Kakarott, he and Raditz somehow grew apart again despite having gone through literally the exact same training since being basically equal. Playing with power levels is what ruined canon and you’re worse at it than canon, so it’s naturally ruined this otherwise very good story.
Tenjo chapter 30 . 5/3/2021
Your power levelling has gotten even worse. Bardock is already stronger than Kakarott and Raditz combined. Raditz somehow caught up to Kakarott’s strength. Vegeta just jumped from 7 thousand to 95-fucking-thousand, Krillin somehow grew even more than canon Goku did on Planet Kai… the humans in this are WAY too strong.

Everything is fucked. It seems the only person you’ve decided to be a little conservative with in terms of growth is the protagonist which makes about as much sense as the Virgin Mary.
Tenjo chapter 23 . 5/3/2021
Okay, wut? Kakarott had a power level of 12 when he was 12 years old… Bardock Junior is 4, but has a power level of 120? He’s already basically as strong as Roshi was when he was introduced.

I understand canon making Gohan have more potential that Goku; Goku was the figurehead but they planned on making Gohan a bigger protagonist for the android and Buu sagas, so they foreshadowed his potential. Even then he faded into obscurity because, though he had the potential, he just doesn’t enjoy fighting how Goku and Vegeta do. But in your story, Kakarott is the protagonist and the whole thing is about him becoming the strongest. Bardock Junior clearly has even more potential than Gohan, on top of being a combat nut like his father. So what’s going to happen? Either you’re going to make Kakarott grow at an inexplicable rate or Bardock Junior will overtake him, making him a bit useless as a protagonist.
Tenjo chapter 18 . 5/3/2021
… for the love of whatever celestial cunt is out there, please learn the difference between lightning and lightening.
usi31105 chapter 65 . 4/10/2021
Oh cmon why’d you make bardock more powerful than kakarot? Great jus when I thought I finally found a fanfic where kakarot has his memories, is a badass, powerful and had bulma, this happens.
2,460 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »