Reviews for The new teacher of Hogwarts is Negi Springfield
Jesternz chapter 40 . 8/16
Rating: 4.5 out of 10 (chapters 1-40 inclusive)

Pros: For the first 23 chapters, this story attempts to blend the worlds of Negima and Harry Potter and does quite a good job actually. Characters are treated with respect and stick somewhat close to canon. In all honesty, the first 23 chapters are excellent. All in all, these first 23 chapters are well written and the story helps negate many of the mechanical flaws.

Cons: As I said, there are mechanical flaws with the spelling and grammar. Nothing that a good Beta reader couldn’t fix honestly but it does detract from the overall caliber of the story. Still, it is forgivable until chapter 24. Apparently the author ‘discovers’ bash fics and decides to write one. I have two major problems with this. The first is that the author decides to write a bash fic in the middle of his current story, and totally blows the continuity of the tale to bits. I guess a better way to say it is that chapters 24 and onward are a bash fic loosely based in the continuity of the first 23 chapters instead of being the same story.

The bigger issue I have with this fic going bash is that when the author went to the Temple of Bashfic, he drank quite deeply of the Cliché Koolaid. From Chapter 24 onwards, you will be subjected to almost every cliché and trope in the Potter Fanverse.

-Dumbledore and (Ron)Weasley Bashing: Yes. In a story where both start off as reasonable characters that are actively helping Harry and the other protagonists, the rapid 180 degree shift of their personalities into the standard Bashfic mold is jarring to say the least. Dumbledore goes from being a great wizard and ally to a sneaking and conniving backstabber who wants to steal the Potter wealth. Ron is his loyal and idiotic spy.

-Hermoine is a Pureblood in secret!: Actually, this one isn’t done too badly. In fact, even being the cliché that it is, it actually is done somewhat well.

-Everyone is a Lord!: Yeah, apparently the Magical World is stuck in the Middle Ages and a bunch of school kids can suddenly find out they are all nobles of the highest order. Furthermore, Harry is a whole new magnitude of Lord having so many surnames that he passes immediately into the Mary Sue realms.

(Yes, I know how much people love Lord Potter-Black-Slytherin-Gryffendor-Hufflepuff-Ravenclaw-Pervell-ad nausem)

-Everyone is disgustingly rich!: I sometimes wonder what people think the conversion rates are. Based on the Canon conversion rates, this story alone places Harry’s wealth somewhere in the hundreds of BILLIONS US DOLLARS. The sale of the Basilisk alone netted Harry somewhere around 4.8 Billion US Dollars. As a reference, that would put the Basilisk parts worth the same amount as Chevron (CVX on the NYSE) makes as a profit in a quarter.

-The Goblins are our Friends and can fix everything… if only we show them some meaningless gesture of respect: This cliché actually confuses the hell out of me. Where did it start? The goblins are pretty much described in canon as right bastards who only care for gold…and the subtle digs they can get in at wizards. The only reason they would care if you learned their customs would be so they can charge you more interest. All learning Gobbledygook would get you is more direct insults from the Goblins. Yes, the canon goblins MIGHT have joined Harry’s side… if he can scrape up enough gold. Even then, they would probably charge him by the minute. Besides, if they really were that badass why didn’t Voldemort approach them like he did the Giants and others?

-“Trust me, I know everything, even though I have no reason to!”: I get it, as an author you need a character to do exposition of things in the Potterverse side of the story. Why does it have to be Evangeline and Negi? Neither of them have ANY reason to know anything about the Potterverse, but they do… they know everything! Eva has been stuck at Mahora for decades, and has been away from the UK for centuries! Negi has spent his entire life in training to be Mage, so obviously ancient family history is key to it! Especially the obscure parts! It makes about as much sense as having Hermione explain the political machinations of Ostia after having just looked at a map of Magica Mundi.

-The Harryem: Ok, I totally get that absolutely NO ONE wants Harry and Ginny together except for Ginny and JK. The girl is honestly creepy and borderline Mary Sue herself. I fully support HAPHNE and HARMONIE. Heck, I am all for some Luna or Susan action as well, but when you get into the realms of adding 8 girls to the story just to be ‘brides’, its stops being a story and is a wank fest. In this story HARMONIE makes sense. Luna makes sense. Even HAPNHE makes sense when you ignore the first 23 chapters. The rest of them, not so much. Susie Bones is right on the edge of believable. Tonks is a no, but I commend you because the actress is hawt. Narcissa is a huge no. Yes the actress is hawt, but she’s his mom’s age. That is Ginny Weasley creepy dude. Somehow I think it came down to what the author desired at the time. The Patils because every dude wants twins and Harry already has a redhead in his harem so Fred and George are out? Su Li because Asians are hawt? I hate to say it but most of the girls that are in the Harryem are less developed than they are in canon!

-“I am here because …REASONS!”: Ok, even in fanfiction you have to make a modicum of sense for the canon you are writing in. If you are doing a crossover you have to be mindful of both canons. Why… and HOW did Ayaka and the rest of the NON MAGICALLY endowed students in class 3-A not only manage to come to London to find Negi, but manage to find him at Diagon Alley. Think about this for a second, non-magical JAPANESE in Magical Britain’s greatest shopping area. After a moment of thinking about this, I hope everyone sees how impossible this is…even if a wizard is involved. Agree with me? I think you think you might.

-“Keptin, the Cast has reached Critical Mass!”: When it takes 2-3 lines to just list everyone in a scene’s first names, you have a cast with either:

1)Names that are too long (take that Gundam!)

2)Too damn many characters.
Honestly, this story turns into number 2. Most, if not all of the additional characters introduced after chapter 24 are there for no other reason than completionism. No one gets developed more than just getting their name in the story and it makes me sad.

OVERALL: The first 23 chapters are great! I would suggest reading them. After that… just walk away unless you want to read a story where the author simply tries to cram every overused and clichéd trope into a bad bash fic. Do everyone a favor and don’t stoop that low, because it gets bad. As this story hasn’t been updated in years, I do think it is dead. Pity, I would hope that the author rewrites it, at least the last 17 or so chapters. The bash marks the point where the story turns stupid. Stop at 23. You will thank me for it.
Jesternz chapter 24 . 8/15
Rating:7 out of 10

Pros: For the first 23 chapters, this is an EXCELLENT Story. I would honestly say that for the first 23 chapters it is easily an 8.5 out of 10. Given it does incorporate the Negima crew, the cast does get a bit cumbersome but the author does manage to handle it quite well.

Cons: Chapter 24 begins the bashing. Ron, who is mostly an intelligent person in the first 23 chapters is suddenly a misogynistic idiot by chapter 25. Dumbledore, who has for the last 23 chapters been an ally and supporter of all the others, suddenly is now a bad guy who hides Harry’s birthright. Not only does Chapter 24 signal the beginning of the bashing, it also introduces Lord Potter and Lord Springfield. Yeah, uhm, no. Why does every author feel compelled to make the Lord Potter character? It is actually a rather annoying trope. I guess that is probably my biggest complaint so far. When the author decided to go bash route, he also quaffed most liberally from the well of overused tropes connected to Harry Potter. Do we have Ron and Dumbledore bashing? Yup! To the point of almost turning Ron into a redheaded Malfoy. Do we have Lord Potter? Yup! And Lord Springfield and Lord Longbottom because REASONS! It’s kind of like Oprah in the Wizarding World: “If you look under your seats, you will find a BRAND NEW LORDSHIP! A lordship for you, and a lordship for you!” Will the Goblins fix everything with a ritual or two? Yeah, at this point I can see that is where the story is going to go.

Mechanically, this story has some flaws. Again, while readable, this story and author could benefit from a good spell check program.
whats up with all the bloody freaking harems!
goddragonking chapter 31 . 12/11/2014
great chapter , love the way this story is going, keep up the excellent work! Keep the good writing and hope for more updates soon and Really awesome story, can't wait to read more:)
SonicAnime2010 chapter 10 . 9/25/2014
Malfoy... Malfoy... Malfoy... Two words for the snake wannabe... GOT HEEEEEEEEEEM!
RandomReview chapter 40 . 7/28/2014
...well I can honestly say I didn't see that coming, yet at the same time I'm not really surprised it did. I don't know why you didn't just send the Ala Alba wrecking crew to finish the job considering how they eclipse the HP characters in every shape and form. Though I suppose you still needed to tell a story or something...
RandomReview chapter 22 . 7/28/2014
Decided to read your story out of sheer curiosity. The writing could at least use a proofreader to iron things out, but nothing too bad. It would have been nice if the entirety of Hogwarts was represented and not just one giant hurrah for the Gryffs. But hey expectations aren't that high to begin with so I suppose no harm done on that department. Though I do wonder why you decided to bring the entire harem when most serve no purpose besides a couple of lines here and there per chapter. The whole Negima cast could have consisted of just Negi and Eva and very little would change in the story.

Oh well not like you'll update this story anytime soon so I'll just see what the rest has to offer. And if the previous 22 chapters is any indication...not that much besides cheap laughs. And I do like my cheap laughs when I'm not expecting anything else out of the experience, though I'm not against being pleasantly surprised.
Storylover213 chapter 40 . 7/15/2014
Please do update soon.
TheWolfMutt chapter 40 . 4/2/2014
Are you continuing this story? I really like it and it would be a shame if it wasn't continued. It is really good so thank you for sharing it with us.
Not Allowed chapter 41 . 3/19/2014
Please remove this. As a singular chapter, author's notes are not permitted and can result in story deletion by the administration of this site.
Not Allowed chapter 42 . 3/19/2014
Please remove this author's note. As a singular chapter, these entries are not permitted and can result in story deletion by the administration of this site.
Biblio388 chapter 33 . 2/23/2014
That was a great chapter. Lots of moving and shaking going on. Looking forward to reading more.
Biblio388 chapter 22 . 2/23/2014
Good story with funny character interaction.
Biblio388 chapter 17 . 2/22/2014
Definitely would like to see Negi/Asuna/Mana with maybe Eva and Kaede. Don't really have a HP preference.
Biblio388 chapter 11 . 2/22/2014
Good solid fun. A joy to read.