Reviews for Out of the Ashes
kahuna chapter 13 . 7/18/2013
Really enjoyed this story. Thank you for writing it for us.
wonderwoman1970 chapter 9 . 6/10/2013
excellent wow
IsabellaKatherine chapter 14 . 5/28/2013
This was a fantastic story! Really enjoyed it!

I love the idea of bringing the Furlings in as bad guys (well sort of :P) and the flashbacks of S/J made my little shipper heart very happy!

Will be checking out your other stories as well now :)
dpdp chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
Wonderful story. Enjoyed reading again. Thanks.
BlueOctober374 chapter 14 . 10/20/2012
Amazing story :) Good ones are hard to come by. This is one of my favourites.
LaceyakaJewel chapter 13 . 1/31/2012
I loved the story, really nice

Just one little thing, there were no transmitions into other scenes, i mean, there was one scene and suddenly another one

sorry for my bad english
steadfast chapter 14 . 7/4/2011
Good story. I enjoyed it. Very believable. Thanks.
i.m. nell chapter 14 . 10/11/2010
I thoroughly enjoyed my second reading of your story. It was better the second time around and let me say the first time was super! I agree with Sam remaining in character as the strong, independent, brilliant woman and that Jack is respectful and accepting of her autonomy. Likewise Sam is full-knowing of Jack's intelligence, competence, and brilliance as Homeworld Security's chief. Yet, both of these wonderfully skilled professionals have warmth and passion in their personal and intimate life. You did a great job in conveying these qualities in my favorite couple! Loved the action, suspense, and adventure! Thanks to your Beta, too.
i.m. nell chapter 3 . 10/10/2010
I'm re-reading your story. Very very sad chapter about Jack at the funeral for the love of his life. It's so right for Jack to receive the flag. No matter what Mark thinks of the military he's done the right thing making sure that Jack receives it. I've had two family members buried at Arlington National Cemetery. The ceremony is incredibly beautiful in honoring fallen soldiers.
Flatkatsi chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
I very much enjoyed this story. The plot was well thought out and kept me interested the whole way through. Excellent.
The Shinster chapter 14 . 1/8/2010
First of all, very good story. The plot twists were good and unexpected, such as the attack on the Daedelus or Jack getting beamed away. The relationship between Sam and her crew was very good. She is definitely a 'lead by example' type of leader. I also like that you didn't make Sam the 'damsel in distress' because I totally agree that she can take care of herself. The flashbacks were interesting, but they didn't move the story forward most of the time. Overall, very good story. It was well thought out and an enjoyable read. I can't wait to read more of your work.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 12 . 1/4/2010
Well now...gotta say that much as I like the two Stargate TV movies, definitely think this plotline just felt like something that would have worked more for a last hurrah kind of thing than "Cameron Mitchell Travels Through Time!"

;D

In all honesty, this was an awesome piece of writing as usual, leiasky, especially with the super characterizations of the main and supporting cast. The flashbacks DID occasionally get distracting, and a tiny bit overlong, but they really did convey all the lovely Jack/Sam relationship moments we missed out on in the series. The first chapter was especially a doozy, since I was able to picture RDA doing Jack as receives the news from Davis about the Hammond being MIA after a battle against an unknown enemy. Massive laurels to you!
sg-1fanintn chapter 13 . 11/30/2009
This was an absolutely fabulous story! I'm adding it to my faves.
Gen Varel chapter 14 . 10/29/2009
I finally got the time to read your story in practically one sitting, and I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed it. You kept Sam, Jack, Daniel and even Caldwell in character, and I loved the short flashbacks giving us insight into Sam and Jack's intimate relationship. Very well done, nicely paced, and thoroughly enjoyable. Great job!

PS: I also expect to see a resolution to J&S's relationship in the third movie. I think we're owed that much for our endless patience!
podbaydoors chapter 4 . 10/26/2009
Oh, that image of her clutching her dog tags and their little passenger- just perfect. So realistic.

*Sob*