Reviews for The Lady of Nottingham
WonderWomanForEver chapter 1 . 12/3/2020
I'm speechless, honestly. This extremely angsty set up was priceless. I mean, the entire team dying apart from Marian? That's sadisticly magnificent, I could never even think of it! Then, there's your brilliant writing once more, that turns every single thing you write into a masterpiece and then your talent at writing Guy so well and in character and always sooooooo historically accurate. I'm stunned, bedazzled and utterly impressed. Congratulations once more, for another great fic!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/23/2018
This was great! Loved the development of their relationship
Guest chapter 1 . 5/3/2016
Wow this story was so neat! I love that it had elements of history in it. I'm glad you did not discount her feelings for Robin and his gabg, or pretend that their complicated past could just be forgotten.
RPGgirl514 chapter 1 . 4/25/2015
I'm not usually a fan of Guy/Marian stories, but this was very well-written without betraying either of their characters. I particularly liked that Marian made a memorial for the outlaws at their camp. Nice job.
Madame Nathalie chapter 1 . 3/13/2015
Oh, my. Great writing once again. No way to criticize the writing style because it is close to perfection. I’ve seen only a handful of people who can write so well. You should have either French or Russian origin because there is something French-like or Russian-like in your writing style.
Poor outlaws! It's an interesting turn that Carter fails to save the outlaws from the desert.
The only thing that makes me sigh… is Marian’s betrayal of Robin and his memory. I know she is broken, I admit she can be very mad with grief but not as mad as it seems if we assume that she marries Guy. How she marry Guy if he contributed so much to the death of Robin Hood, King Richard, and the outlaws? Marian was a manipulative woman but she did have conscience. Your Marian doesn’t have conscience at all because she betrayed England, Robin Hood, her father, and everything she believed in. I do not see how it could happen.
I have nothing against the plot. It’s your deal what you write and you write very well. I’m just trying to see the difference between what could be in AU provided that it’s consistent with the portrayals of characters and what authors wish to write if they love Guy, Marian, or Robin.
No offense as a writer, but I cannot see how Marian from S1 and S2 could have betrayed Robin in the way you describe. Well, maybe I’m just not a hard fan of Guy/Marian and Guy.
Anyway, thank you for this sad AU.
Amaranthe A chapter 1 . 12/16/2014
This story is amazing!

Today, I again re-read this story because I also have two tragic oneshots about S2 AU finale. Well, I had much time while I was languishing in the transit zone of the airport for more than three hours.

Love this oneshot! It reminds me my own oneshot when everyone dies in S2E13, but it is largely written from King Richard’s POV who survives and faces the wreckage his mistake created.

Oh, I see what I did a year ago… and it still makes me cringe. I know that I posted an apology to another story it seems because you cannot post two reviews to one story from your account. Even now, when the case is forgotten, it makes me cringe because I do love this story. Actually, I posted this review on the anniversary of the tragic death of someone I loved very much in real life; it can justify me somehow and in some way, then I hope it will.

That’s why I’m going to post a normal review, which I had posted but to another story (though it is related to this story).

I loved this story. I was really moved by this story. Emotionally moved. You write really well, I love the style - very beautiful characterization and dialogue. I guess I was a sort of "confused and uncomfortable" as I haven’t understood how Marian could have married Guy after he basically abandoned Tied up outlaws in the desert and saved only Marian. Well, it is difficult for me to understand this because I would have never done that – I would have avenged Robin’s death, but Marian could do this.

I always put myself into such situations, and I found it terrible from Marian's side. She was engaged to Robin, Guy in fact indirectly killed the King and her Robin and others; he did bad, very bad things to England, the King, and Robin. Marian’s father died for England, and she betrayed England.

And then I thought more, I understood that you definitely have a point – Marian lied to Guy and manipulated him when she spied on Robin, and she could easily take her best from the circumstances if Robin was out of the picture. Your plot is possible if we assume that Marian is not so pure and good as she is shown on the show, and I do believe that it can be a real scenario, though it is painful for me to acknowledge it.

The plot is highly unusual. I love it. There is so much pain in every paragraph. The scenes of pain are very beautifully written. I am not very emotional person in real life and I rarely weep, but in this case… I have to cry. Paradoxically, I never cry on my own oneshot when I kill off everyone in the desert (written from KR’s POV). But I cried as I read this oneshot.

I believe that Marian could have done that. And yet, I find it so much unfair that Robin died with others and she married Guy. I think she betrayed England and Robin, especially poor Robin. Again, it is my opinion, and it is not necessarily for others to share it. In this story my sympathies are with Robin and the outlaws, but not Marian and Guy.

But do like the plot so much that it overweight my displeasure and pain I feel at the thought of Robin’s tragic and pointless death. The storyline is amazing and unique, and the portrayals of characters are great: I find Marian and Guy in character.

In this story, I felt Marian would kill herself in the end and then Guy kills himself. I don't the reason but I feel they could do that.

Have a good day!

Amaranthe Athenais
Art Counterclock chapter 1 . 12/13/2014
It's me, Art Counterclockwise! I'm again weeping on this story.I've read it again today and I wept...

Robin is really a poor, poor, poor man in this story. Everyone is dead. And it is a price of loaylty to Richard! I hate King Richard!

Good night. The day of angst is over.
A Burning Candle chapter 1 . 11/29/2014
Unrealistic fanfiction. Marian marries Guy after he contributed so much to Robin's death and the King's death? I don't understand authors who able to do everything - to kill Robin and the King and then let Marian so quickly forget the man whom she clearly loved. I am sorry, but you are too obsessed with Guy.
velja chapter 1 . 8/5/2014
I have to say the first bit of the story was really painful to read. The deaths of the outlaws hit me harder than I thought possible. Especially Allan's. The way you describe Guy's reaction to seeing them all dead in the desert... you had me in tears then.
And also Marian's condition through it all, her thoughts and feelings... seriously, it was very painful to read. It's so well written, so realistic, so sad.

You did a wonderful job here, making it all work out somehow. And I like the open-endedness of it all.

Brilliant, really.
felinefemale chapter 1 . 5/28/2014
Wow! I so enjoyed reading this. It was engrossing and full of emotions tensions and angst... just the way Guy always portrayed it, and Marian was far stronger and at times quite - detatched from him although he had looked after her during her bleakest hours. Your storytelling skills are superb, as is the whole story... I actually want to know what happens next between Guy, John and Marian. I never had any sympathy for King Richard who was a total stranger to English shores but got all the glory and love. He was French through and through and scarcely could speak a word of English, why so many English people were so loyal to him I'll never understand. But I totally love Guy in all of this, he is so vulnerable and totally at her mercy. You are such a good writer! Thankyou!
Flowerbird chapter 1 . 4/4/2014
My second review.

I want to add that despite the fact I do not believe the scenario in this story is possible I pretty much enjoyed this story.

The story is written beautifully. Good anguish, even though I still think Marian won't marry Guy under these circumstances and will avenge Robin's death.

Thank you.
young lavender lady chapter 1 . 4/4/2014
Hmmm do you really believe that Marian has accepted Guy after he contributed so much to Robin's death? He indirectly kill her and you make her marry Guy? It is impossible. She will rather die than be with him given circumstances.

I would believe that Marian wasn't a virgin when she married Guy, that she had sex before the war with Robin once or that she once succumbed to her weakness in the forest with Robin and then married Guy. I do believe that she could have go against her world and marry Guy even being engaged to Robin for the second time. But I cannot believe that she marries Guy when he killed Robin!

Sorry but I do think that it is impossible. 1000% impossible. She would have hated Guy in case of Robin's death in the desert. There is no way she would have accepted him.
E chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
I hope history goes differently this time. John created such a mess. By the way, nightgowns weren't worn until the sixteenth century.
Athenais Penelope Clemence chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
God again everything out-of-character marian! What do you like so much in Guy? I am shocked.
Larisa chapter 1 . 11/6/2013