Reviews for The Lady of Nottingham
AngelsShadow816 chapter 1 . 11/26/2009
Admittedly, I always liked Gisborne, but I prefer Robin and Marian over Gisborne and Marian. That being said, I am still all for reading excellent stories that manage to believably pair Gisborne and Marian. And WOW, did you ever manage to accomplish that. Though my heart broke a little at the idea that everyone died in the desert, I was absolutely sucked into your story from the first paragraph. Marian’s progression throughout the story was entirely believable. I found the morning after scene between Gisborne and Marian to be particularly heart wrenching – the way Marian was torn between her love for Gisborne and her love for Robin. I also adored your characterization of Guy. I liked how he questioned Marian’s motives. That was entirely believable.

Using Arthur of Brittany in the story was also an excellent touch. He is so often overlooked, and I don’t think most people realize Prince John was not actually King Richard’s successor. Marsha Canham wrote an excellent “Robin Hood” trilogy in which she extensively incorporated Arthur and Eleanor of Brittany.

That, however, is beside the point. The point is that you are an amazingly talented writer. Thank you for this beautiful story that completely allowed me to NOT work on my homework! I should feel guilty about that, but I don’t because I believe it’s always worth it to skip homework in order to read something of this caliber.

Thank you for writing such a wonderful story. I thoroughly enjoyed it despite being a dedicated Robin and Marian shipper. You made me believe in Guy and Marian.
Miss Stinky and Janey Poo chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
Oh, I likes! I would have liked to see this happen. And I think you wrote them in a very believable way! Great job. I hope you write more in the future!

~*Miss Stinky
ivegonenuts chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
You captured their characters perfectly! This is a completely plausible ending for these two. Thank you so much!
Catindahat chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
i really like this story

i love the way the relationship between guy and marion changed throughout

i think u wrote the charactors really well
JAGNikJen chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
I really enjoyed this story even though I generally do not like Gisborne.

You did a great job with Gisborne's ambivalent tendencies towards Marian.

Thanks for sharing.

Jen
pathomythic chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
Commenting here too because seriously great fic.
whatcatydidnext chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
liked this a lot, thoughtful, well done x
Quentanilien chapter 1 . 9/23/2009
This is an amazingly well-written story. I couldn't resist reading the entire thing in one sitting, even though I had loads of homework waiting for me.

I feel I must say that the only Robin Hood fanfiction I read is anything involving Guy, especially Guy/Marian. He is a fascinating character, and so very, very complicated. I love him, and yet I feel guilty for loving him at the same time. But I am positive the potential for true goodness was there in him all along, and Marian was too single-minded to really try to save him. Needless to say, I hate the end of season 2. I find it completely out of character and contrived.

I love this story because I see it as exactly the sort of thing that would have happened if Marian had lived and Richard, Robin, and the gang all died. Your characterizations are spot on-I could see and hear the entire thing in my head like I was watching it. You did not fall into the trap of wish-fulfillment, having Guy spout ridiculous platitiudes and Marian suddenly madly in love with him. You kept Guy dark, complicated, bitter, for an appropriate amount of time. Marian's brokenness was also incredibly realistic, as was her gradual warming to him and her continued efforts to bring Prince John down. I found the dynamic fascinating how they are still technically on opposite sides while still having a loving marriage.

Thank you so much! You really must write more like this!
Melskim chapter 1 . 9/23/2009
Wow, that was amazing, I love the way you develop their relationship. As always I bow at your writing :D The part of R&M vows confession is great, and Guy's reaction and later thoughts and coming home. Just love it!
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
Wow. Just... wow. That was SO good - extremely well-written, and the developing relationship between Guy and Marian is so beautifully chronicled. It's extremely true to character, and I honestly think that your version of events would have made an awesome S3 (even if it would officially become the 'Guy of Gisborne Show' instead of 'Robin Hood' - but heck, we all know Guy owns it anyway).

Thank you for this, and I'm begging you - PLEASE write more G/M. You're so good at it that it would be a pity if you didn't.
Shezan chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
There isn't enough good Guy/Marian out there, so it's wonderful being able to salute one of the very few authors who can write perfect characterisation and a believeable progression between these two. And with the added bonus of Guy point of view throughout! You're up there with Bookishy and An_Lagat_Glas. More, more, MOAR FROM YOU!
Elfrieda chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
This was wonderful! All of Guy's doubts, Marian's renewal of passion for the people as well as for Guy, the final decision to be honest with each other, and of course the sexy times - I love it! Plus, you managed to deal with having the whole thing from Guy's perspective without losing Marian's point-of-view.
01cheers chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
I used to be a Guy/Marian fan, though I deserted to pastures new a while ago. Still, reading literature like this (I dare not call this a fanfic) brings back the excitement from my early dizzy fangirl days. You are among the three or four authors (and I once read hundreds of Guy/Marian stories by dozens of people) who keep the characters believable and the plot real, but make Marian a lot more sympathetic and somehow more human than the callous, duplicitous, idealistic-but-calculating girl of the series who I thought did not really deserve Guy's devotion. I need not say that the story is absolutely word-perfect and "style-perfect", but I will say so anyway. Thank you for posting this!
GisbornesBoy chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
Hello - gizxmaz from LJ here. I saw this story this mornin' actually... and I started to read it... but I had to run to school.. and keep reading it now. And I love it. Seriously one of the best stories i've seen for very long. This goes along in to my favourites, of course.

Again, wonderful story. You've done an amazing job.

love

gizzysgirl
Spinnd chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
Helloo! This is the G/M AU romance fic you were talking about, I see! Congrats on getting it finished; pretty record timing, this.

Salutations aside, I must comment and say: I like this. Alot. Marian's breakdown after Robin's death was entirely in character, as was her progression through the different stages of grief, and then her little declaration of love and fealty -"we'll see this through together" - was just that touch of subtle, and entirely believable. And Guy's character here is sympathetic but not overly so, and I think it's an honest depiction of their relationship (if they were given the chance to have one). He'll always be at odds with Marian over certain matters regarding king and country, but as a countermeasure, he harbours for her a very obsessive love that over time had become less about possessing and actually about love; to love and be loved in return. Which we know Marian sees, and connects with, and I'm certain eventually wants to reciprocate.

Great read! I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I'm awaiting your next project in the works. ) Thanks for putting this up.
64 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »