Reviews for Rising Star, Falling Darkness
Huinesoron chapter 12 . 7/15/2013
It has been a decade since I first read this. It still breaks my heart every time.

Thank you. With tears in my eyes, thank you.
Wow chapter 12 . 7/18/2011
... Wow! This... this story, it's... wow... I'm speechless... There are no words to describe this story... It's feels so... real? As if it was a part of a book, like Lord of the Rings. You've done a really wonderful story. Be proud. :D
the randomer chapter 12 . 3/4/2007
*blinks*

WOW!

that was AWESOME! I love alternate ending stories where sauron gets the ring, and this is an incredible version! i am literally speechless...typeless...whatever! this story is... just ... wow.
dancingkatz chapter 12 . 6/22/2006
I don't think the Professor is rolling in his grave. This was an excellent alternate ending to the saga of the One Ring.

Bittersweet, sad, yet hopeful that in time the scars will fade and the world will be renewed...

Your use of language and imagery is wonderful and you have gotten the character so very right. I am definitely recommending this fic to my sister and friends.

Dancingkatz
Team Sherlock and Watson chapter 12 . 12/11/2005
Oh what a beautiful and sad story. I have just finished reading it and I am still crying. Please continue writing more beautiful stories. May Valar protect you, Elena, daughter of Aragorn, maiden of Gondor
WindSPun chapter 12 . 6/23/2004
I am notorious for my hypocrisy in never reviewing

yet craving reviews myself

I am still in awe.

It can only be described as awe. I found your story, and I read the first sentence. From then on I was drawn in and loving it. I am sorry to say that I didn't take time to give each image and phrase the consideration and reflection deserved. I gulped down all twelve glorious chapters in less than half an hour. But I will be reading it again. And again. Then maybe a few times after that. I know that you know that there is some truly nauseous fanfiction out there. Once a month, at least, I make a promise to myself to stop reading it altogether. Then I stumble upon something like this and (CHEESE ALERT!) it gives me hope. Rather, something akin to this. But this... it's more than evocative. It moves me, it really does. Thank you.
The Faction's Lord chapter 12 . 5/27/2004
I have read OFUM, and I was just thinking it would be a little rude not to read some of your other stories. I do not, however, read slash, therefore, I settled for this.

Moving on from that, I must say that it was quite well written (despite a few spelling mistakes near the beginning that spelcheck must have missed).

I believe you did keep everyone in character, however, I felt that the story was rushed somewhat. What I mean by this is, you told the story, and every piece that was done in detail was well done, but it seemed like there was massive sections of text missed out, such as not fully describing the tale behind Galadriel, Legolas and Gimli.

Another thing I liked was how you used the chapter titles to start each section of story, and I must commend you on that.

Well, I look forward to more things from you soon.
BunnyKatKat chapter 12 . 2/6/2004
I love this story so much! Normally I don't enjoy AU ,but this has got to be the best one I have read. I love how you kept all the characters in their personality. I adore Lady G and I finally found one that portrayed as a strong character.
Karen chapter 1 . 1/12/2004
I loved it! Loved it Loved it Loved it! I am taking it home to cherious. Cried really really hard at the end, but that's okay, because Return of the King (the movie) was a sob fest for me. Loved it! Loved it! can't say that enough! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! :)
SpookedRabbits chapter 6 . 1/9/2004
Hi I really think this is an excellent story but erm you created your own Mini-Balrog in this chapter,it's name is Saurman but it's just a typo!
Akedhi chapter 12 . 1/4/2004
Am I dreaming? Is this a non-OFUM story from you with a happy ending at last? Do I sense Dagor Dagorath on the horizon? (Oh, wait, you already did that one.)
Wonderful; I actually cried. Wow. Wow. Wow.
Emisi chapter 12 . 12/16/2003
You have a wonderfully fluid and poetic writing style, I could almost smell the burning myself! Very well done, you kept to the canon very well. I thoroughly enjoy reading your fanfics. :)
tineryn chapter 12 . 3/2/2003
ai, another amazing work! speechless.
Miz Laurel Pharmacist of Corruption chapter 12 . 2/19/2003
Brava! This was *excellent*! An excellent 'What if.' effort. I was rooting for the Fellowship and Co., and definitely for Galadriel, and that Frodo brought the victory made me cheer (silently, as the walls aren't *that* thick). You have a talent. Keep writing!
Damn the Torpedoes chapter 12 . 11/9/2002
Oh... oh wow! That was beautiful, and terrible and amazing!

I loved the way u started each chapter with one word, then used that as the first word of the next line, that was very powerful. The way u portrayed Galadriel was truly wonderful, she was, like Sam said, sometimes tall and terrile, sometimes as small as a daffadowndilly (or summat along those lines!)

At the end I personally thought either Gimli or Sam would attack Sauron, but POOR LEGOLAS! *Wails* but he's o, so that's alright.

It was so fitting the way Frodo and Sting cut teh Ring from Sauron's hand.

U portrayed Éowyn wonderfully- she is just like Tolkien's especially with her relationship with Faramir.

Boo-yah! Well done again!