Reviews for Darkest Before the Dawn
Renee Aubin chapter 51 . 1/13
Hello, Cat. I just finished your epic story, and even though it was completed five (!) years ago I wanted to let you know that it absolutely kept me reading through the very end. I liked that you were so patient with your story telling, and let it unfold at a rate that was believable for someone as damaged as your Bella.

Those couple of chapters around the middle, where we finally learn Bella's story, were of course brutal. I have to say I thought the crimes against her - especially that there were two only loosely related incidents - were over the top. But then I suppose there are people who have had things like that happen to them (and worse, if you allow yourself to think about crimes in war zones, particularly against women). And of course it's your story to tell as you like.

I thought you did a particularly good job developing the characterizations of each Cullen, especially Edward and Jasper of course. I did enjoy Edward's cluelessness about realizing Bella was his mate. You managed to inject enough doses to humor to balance the angst.

And while I am emphatically not a bible study person, that lent an interesting flavor to the story. I especially liked that sticking with a spiritual pursuit eventually meant more to Edward than simply a place to stalk Bella. That aspect of the story also put Bella more in alignment with canon Edward's values, which was interesting, instead of being a modern girl who constantly pushed his sexual boundaries (with most readers entirely on her side).

Charlie's absence also created a big hole in the story, intentionally of course. Bella's understandable choice to move away from the location where those horrific events occurred also left behind her good friends who knew her and her story, which further unmoored her socially.

It's amazing that you found the time, energy, and focus to finish such a long and challenging story over the course of 2 1/2 years. It must have been truly a labor of love. Thank you for sharing, and for leaving it up for us to find.
IsabellaEdward17 chapter 25 . 4/16/2016
I'm completely on edge right now! And panicking! No don't leave Edward! Ugh!
IsabellaEdward17 chapter 10 . 4/14/2016
*sighing softly f their bond gives me such peace...
IsabellaEdward17 chapter 9 . 4/14/2016
I'm biting my nails of for the moment!.. Figuratively of course!
IsabellaEdward17 chapter 7 . 4/14/2016
Oh Bella! Poor girl!
IsabellaEdward17 chapter 6 . 4/14/2016
Aw! Progress! Hate jessica!
Lezli chapter 1 . 3/24/2016
I love how expanded the vocabulary is, it rarely happens in fanfiction. Great work you have done.
Guest chapter 38 . 2/24/2016
.AWKWARD
mitelea chapter 12 . 2/21/2016
.GOD. Edward's family just pisses me off SOO MUCH! BELLA IS EDWARDS FUCKING MATE OF COURSE HE'S WORRIED ABOUT HER. In all the books I've read of Edward and Bella his family always blames him of 'overreacting' when she's in obvious danger or pain and this ones no different. IF THIS WAS HAPPENING TO THEIR MATE THEY WILL PROBABLY 'OVEREACT' TOO! Also Bella is human which makes it soo much complicated and Edwards protective instincts are probably over the edge right now. When they found their mate they were already vampires or near death so there,was no problem figuring out what to do. But Bella is a human, still alive, in pain, and probably in danger. NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT SHE IS AFRAID OF MEN! So this is a hard situation for Edward but his family members are being dicks about it. ESPECIALLY ALICE! OMG I JUST WANT TO REACH INSIDE THIS STORY AND RIP HER ANNOYING SADISTIC LITTLE HEAD OFF!
Ghostmorning chapter 31 . 2/7/2016
FANTASTICHESKY! I loved this chapter, it was really well written, even though the chapter was kind of sad and upsetting.
Thanks for an awesomesauce fanfiction! I've been having trouble finding good Twilight fanfictions, and this is one of the best I've seen so far. In my personal opinion, the fanfictions about Twilight are better than the books. But, that's just what I think.
DeltaMLP chapter 31 . 1/15/2016
I feel vaguely guilty for hoping that it was going to be worse, I was kind of hoping that it would be her "fault" more directly or something so that way there would be more justification for her suicide. Although the more I think of it, the more I think that this is definitely enough. This is a well written story.
jk chapter 29 . 12/14/2015
LOL bella is so stupid. She wants to die right? but she has a panic attack when shes threatened?

That makes no sense. Wouldn't she be like "bring in on that's what I want anyway"
but no not this pathetic bella you've created...I feel bad for Edward having pulled the short mate stick!
jk chapter 27 . 12/14/2015
so bella was obviously punished when she was "bad"...shes repeats that little mantra about how she was bad and did bad things...yet she still begs not be hurt when she obviously knows its coming...I doubt begging helped her in the past so why beg at all? why not man up ya know? why not fight back? why be a pathetic weak pussy?
I mean think about it, if she was ALWAYS punished then I don't see her begging not to be hurt ya know? like she'd be resigned to the fact she was about to get hit not freaking out.
jk chapter 25 . 12/14/2015
I don't know how ive survived 25 chapters of this whiny bullshit...like anyone fucking cares what bella eats or what fuckin movie they watch...BORING!

and lets talk about bella and her non personality...I don't understand how anyone likes her cause lets be real here...theres not much to like cause its like shes barely a person and I don't mean the pathetic "broken" bullshit
jk chapter 22 . 12/14/2015
so heres what I just cant relate too...why does bella have such a hard time talking about what happened to her? why not be like this really fucked up dude did some fucked up shit to me...I don't get why she hides, and wants to die and shit.
I'm not one to hide shit or hide from shit and I have no problem talking about stuff so its just really hard for me to understand someone that lets a fucked up ordeal "break" her. I'd think if you were beat hard it would make you more resiliant for future beatings not cowar in a corner and cry like a bitch
2,572 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »