Reviews for Monsters
jgkitarel chapter 4 . 12/15/2019
Of them, you would think Vita would have turned into a mindless berserker, but of all of them, she forced it back. She's used to that emotional state, she uses it in battle, after all. But it also means that she is the most capable of remaining in control.

And of the four, she is the closest to Hayate, who was a maternal and older sister figure to her. Someone who she doesn't want to have this come down on. So she restrains it and brings Signum down from the killing rage and stopping the feedback loop cold.
jgkitarel chapter 3 . 12/15/2019
And we now see that some are able to hold it at bay to a degree. Zafira is, quite honestly, the one who many would see as the most obvious threat, with his wild animal instincts. At the same time, while he can be brutal and vicious in a fight, he restrains himself from killing children and the one cyborg he spared is also the one who fought him the hardest and lasted the longest, and he wasn't holding back.

To him, if someone is going to die, they will die fighting, not killed when they are down.

And the fact that she was a child also stayed his hand as well.
jgkitarel chapter 2 . 12/15/2019
Whoa. You know, this shows just how absolutely TERRIFYING Shamal can be. Unlike the others, she is the nice one. The one who looks like she could be the older sister or the mother of the Yagami Household.

But when she's roused, she proves that her old M.O., while not lethal in and of itself, can be used to very lethal effect if she so chooses. And she will be clinically detached about it. No rage, no remorse, just clinical, quick, and clean.
jgkitarel chapter 1 . 12/15/2019
Well, how does it feel to be a wannabe Hannibal Lecter, Jail? It seems that it stung a bit.

Never provoke a former villain who is trying to atone for her past with what she once was and try to compare her to yourself. Not when she knows what a monster truly is, and that monster is her. Not dead and gone, not forgotten, but sleeping and is quite cranky when roused.
jgkitarel chapter 5 . 8/8/2014
This story drives home the fact that the Wolkenritter are, in every respect, monsters. They are certainly reformed, but much of that is because of Hayate, who allowed them to experience being human. However, they are not tamed and can easily become the feared monsters they were again, as Scaglietti learned to his detriment.
Crosswood chapter 5 . 3/22/2010
Now this is an interesting idea; I don't think I've seen any other piece around that explores the Knights and how they are when they’re REALLY mad. That, coupled with tidy writing, has produced a truly excellent story.

I liked how you add depth to the Wolkenritter here; especially Signum and Vita. Vita’s chapter made me smile especially widely as she was quite in character and I am a bit of a fan of hers.

The spelling and grammar are excellent, the formatting is good, the flow is good... yep.

Awesome story; thank you very much.
hignum chapter 3 . 10/19/2009
I totally agree with the other review that anyone brave enough to tempt those who have been on that dark path to become what they were before is foolish and merely asking for one's death. I find it easier to picture Vita like that but i couldn't imagine Signum, Shamal or Zafira acting like that. This scene is a must in future MGLN becoz it reflects the wolkenritter's past perfectly. I don't exactly feel any pity for scaglietti coz he's an idiot who was daring enough to challenge Signum n the wolkenritter.
Kknd2 chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
why is it that people assume that a person who changed once can never change again? that someone who renounced being a terrible monster would never go back? All it takes is the right motivation, and anyone will knowingly become the kind of monster so many villans think them selves to be. And for one who has already walked the road of darkness, seen the terror, felt the warmth of others blood upon their cheek, derived sick plesure from the screams of terror... They know exactly what they are doing. Only an idiot, or someone who wishes to die in excrucating agony tempts them back onto that road.
Tabasc0 chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
Yeah. That was a scene that needed to be in Strikers. Definately
Hashkorns chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
Holy shit, that is some major (and gory) bad-assery. There should be more Wolkenritter fics like these. Maybe one of Shamal or Vita.