Reviews for The Diamondback Diaries
tiger002 chapter 2 . 8/6/2011
Whoa...yep, liked this chapter!

Telling a battle through a diary entry, I didn't think it would work as well but you have proved me wrong. You are able to show the glimpses of Diamondback's emotions as she watched the battle, and give us vivid pictures of the battle. And the part when Hawkeye showed up...pure awesome there. "I still get chills when I think back to that moment" Yeah, that gave me chills reading it.

Parts were a little confusuing since I didn't know the Marvel universe that well, but the story works not knowing. And I when you get time I hope you get back to writing this. This is one I plan to keep up with.
tiger002 chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
This is interesting. I don't know much about the Marvel world, but there seems to be a lot of history to it. And you made me want to go see the Captain America movie now. I really like how you set the stage, blow everything up if you will, for this story. This gives you a lot of room as the author to craft the story as you want. You give a good look at the captain, how he is the ultimate good guy, along with showing Diamondback here and her character throught the first person. Not much going on so far, but I'm guessing that will change. I'll need to read the second chapter tomorrow.

Oh, and happy birthday. Sorry, can't send you cash, but hopefully a review is good enough :)
SilverTurtle chapter 2 . 1/23/2010
"Salvation came wearing an iron mask." Chills. Epic line. Doom's Day, holy cow. That's pretty awesome that Doom rallied ALL of the worlds forces to combat Thanos, and totally within his character.

God, Hawkeye. How heroic and suicidal was he? But man, Big Damn Hero. "Nobody jokes about him anymore." "I got him, Tasha." *sobs uncontrollably* Oh my god, Lody. You have no idea how powerful this is. It's perfect, and glorious, and heart breaking, and life affirming, and you must write more someday.

And that final line, 'I think she's resting easy', perfection.

It's rare to find a story that captures comic book action with words, and conveys it so vividly, so honestly, so simply and so compellingly. You're amazing for writing it. I'm stunned by your ability. Really, this is just so GOOD. I don't have enough words to tell you how wonderful this story is.
SilverTurtle chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Oh wow, this was a powerful first chapter. I don't even know anything about the comics and I am all caught up and invested. Amazing. So good. I'm going to read the second chapter now.
Lorendiac chapter 2 . 10/14/2009
I can certainly believe in Hawkeye saying to himself: "If Thanos is about to bring the world to an end, then I might as well go down FIGHTING instead of just sitting quietly in a hospital bed waiting for him to get around to killing me ANYWAY!"

I like the way you make it clear that Clint didn't seriously EXPECT those special arrows fired at Thanos's eyes to do any permanent damage to an Eternal, though they might hurt him enough to slow him down a bit - but figured it was one of those "What have I got to lose by trying?" situations.

One thing bothers me about this sequence with everybody and his brother fighting Thanos and his army. Diamondback says that Thanos was about to crush Cap when he got distracted for a moment by the sudden arrival of Doom's giant ship and robot soldiers, and Cap used that window of opportunity to jump out of whatever bad position Thanos had cornered him in.

Then you never mention Cap again in this chapter! I understand he didn't have anything up his sleeve that would let him take down Thanos single-handedly, but you could at least mention,, briefly, what Captain America did with himself for the next thirty hours! (Not to mention what the narrator was doing!)

From what you say, it took "thirty hours" for Doom's robot army and Thanos's battle-drones to pretty much wipe each other out. All that apparently happened AFTER Thanos just missed killing Cap, and BEFORE Hawkeye finally staggered toward Thanos and took his best shot with his two specially-loaded adamantium arrows. What had Cap and Diamondback been doing in all that time?

(At a wild guess, Cap MAY have rescued Diamondback from where she was pinned under twisted metal after he saw Thanos wasn't interested in chasing him some more, now that Doom was providing larger problems to worry about, but you don't say that this happened. Heck, as far as we can tell, Rachel may have just lain there, trapped and with a broken arm, for the next thirty hours, until after Thanos was lobotomized! I don't think that was what you intended for us to visualize, but you give us no real reason to think her status changed in any way during that 30 hours.)
Ghost in the Machine chapter 2 . 9/29/2009
Okay, you've finished the set up. (And with one heck of a story to boot.) This world now missing its heavy hitter heroes, but it seems there are plenty of bad guys still around. But after Doom rearms, who stands between him and the rest of the world? Or does he give that up after realizing the challenge would be gone? I know these are 'The Diamondback Diaries', but I must admit, the rest of the world you've got here feels like it will have its share of stories too.
Captain Deadpool chapter 2 . 9/28/2009
Can't believe you've talked about Thanos and Death, and you haven't mentioned Deadpool once. Especially because he's technically to blame for all of this happening.

Still, good story. Not absolutely sure about where it's going, but that's more of a good thing than a bad thing.
woundedhearts chapter 2 . 9/27/2009
That was amazing! Hawkeye's the man! I'm glad he took down Thano's and I can't say I feel bad over the guy's fate. He definitley had it coming. Can't wait for the next update! :)
James Doyle chapter 2 . 9/27/2009
Latveria...is that anywhere near Bahavia? ;)

I really like these Enemy Mine type stories where heroes and villains combine forces to save their collective rear-ends from an even greater threat. The final episode of Kim Possible had a similar plot, which makes me wonder if this is where they got the idea.

What with Hawkeye of Marvel Comics fame, Capt. B.F. "Hawkeye" Pierce from M*A*S*H, and the original James Fenimore Cooper character, I think people named Hawkeye are just plain cool! It's a good retelling of the classic David and Goliath story.

I can just imagine J. Jonah Jameson's reaction: "We're saved...crap, now we've gotta rewrite all these headlines!"

Keep up the good work!
Captain Deadpool chapter 1 . 9/23/2009
Of course, we all know who Death was really in love with- Deadpool.
James Doyle chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
Good, concise character and story introduction for those of us who aren't into comic books. I'm only vaguely familiar with these characters and themes, but it'll be interesting to see what you do with them.
Ghost in the Machine chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
I like the premise and stopped buying Marvel Comics when they offed Cap in such a cheesy manner. (I don't care that they brought him back. Too little, too late.) Let's see where you go from here.
woundedhearts chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
Looks like it's going to be another amazing story. I like stories with girls who can kick butt! Woo Hoo...Girl power! (sorry had to add that in!) Update Soon! :)