Reviews for Homecoming
Mythendary chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
This was the first story I read on here that really hit me. I could tell from the first line: "Anna was water to a man dying of thirst..." This is a beautiful character study, and a beautiful story by itself. You've captured Kratos' pride in an excellent way, and how that ultimately crumbled in the face of Lloyd. Lloyd changes everybody in that game, really, just because of who he is, and I'm happy to see how that comes across as well. I can't say that I agree with your interpretation of Kratos (indeed, you did mention that you know this is a tad AU), but I do think that he is often made out to be softer than he is in-game.

Look, I'm not doing a great job at articulating what I like about this fic, but I just want to say that it's nearly made me cry. One of my favorite things about Symphonia's story is how it's ultimately happy and idealistic but nevertheless has a deep vein of melancholy and sadness running through it. I think that's something that comes across in this fic - Kratos ends up recognizing his sins and everything he's lost, but still steps up to try and redeem himself in whatever way he can. That hopeful sort of melancholy can be hard to hit. But it's here.
AccountInvisible chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
...

I have been stunned speechless.

This was an absolutely beautiful piece! I admit I was a bit skeptical with Lloyd and Kratos's relationship at the beginning, but the way Kratos identified that missing part of his life towards the end was enough to put that skepticism to rest.

The conversation between those two was so deep and meaningful that it was hard to tear my eyes away from it. In fact, the intense dialogue throughout the story kept me glued to this page.

You had an interesting perception of Kratos. I never would have expected him to feel that way about Lloyd in the beginning. If there were ever a time I wanted to hit him, it was then. I was basically saying in my head, "Yo, idiot! He's not little forever! Spend some time with your kid!"

*sigh* Well, overall it was a very good piece. I'm interested to see what other stuff you've got, that's for sure:)
IOTR chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
Beautifully and heart breakingly written. I absolutely love this and how you characterized both Kratos and Lloyd. :)
badculture chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
I'm pretty late finding this, but I really enjoyed this story. It's such an original way of writing Kratos' character, and your style is beautiful.

I particularly love the end, when Kratos says "I do think I love you..." Like he's not quite sure what it means.
Firehedgehog chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
kinda a sad fic, but good
Aisukuri-Mu Studio chapter 1 . 9/23/2009
So very well written! ;.; Cougar likes very much! So heart-warming and yet heart-tearing! Cougar liked it so much she showed it to VenVen and we both had broken hearts after reading its wonderfulness. 3

When Lloyd said "Kratos...I forgive you," my heart broke. ;.; I lost it. So keep up the good work 3
freakyanimegal chapter 1 . 9/23/2009
Wow... That was...wow.

It started off very dark, depressing, and by God I wanted to bitch-smack Kratos' face off for being such a selfish self-absorbed prick. I do like how it gardually shifted to Kratos' realization of what he had done and what he realized, and it's very...complete, how you ended it.

Still...dark things like this make me feel...heavy. It really makes me feel bad...Heh, guess this kind of thing isn't for optimists. (Facepalm)

Very nice, though depressing