Reviews for No One Remembers
Artura chapter 1 . 11/21/2014
This moved me to tears.
Tysan chapter 1 . 11/15/2014
The horror of the rangers deaths is very vividly depicted in Aragorn's words 'Without succour or dignity or hope'. As well as the bleakness of their lives 'worthless to the world they helped save'. I love his loyalty to his people.

Aragorn's feelings because of his words to Eldarion are a little bit overdone. There are one too many looks of anguish, horror and misery on his face. His insistence that none remember his men is a little weak. He is the King, he can commission songs, memorials and statue's if it bothers him so much and surely the Arnorians sing of their one encounter with the Nazgul. That's a nitpick however as otherwise we would not have the conversation between Arwen and Aragorn, so beautifully balanced between his angst amd her gentle practicality .
Guest chapter 1 . 9/22/2014
I remember. Always

Frostless
TMI Fairy chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
Liked.
Borys
DeepRootsAerNotReached chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
Oh, adorable adorable ADORABLE! This is so perfect! I love the characterizations, the memories...! 'tries to be a little more constructive, but only goes "aaaw" instead'.
AmazingWriter123 chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
Jolly good... I love stories centered on Aragorn's kinship in the north
MP brennan chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
This was lovely and very poignant. I love the way you begin and end with Eldarion's more innocent point of view.
Ithilium chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
This was beautiful. Very vivid in emotion. I loved your conversation between Aragorn and Arwen, because you reflected the concept of their companionship, their understanding of one another (especially in Arwen).

Your narrative style is very good; beautiful imagery, and wonderful grammar ;)

The dialogue is also very good, for you have kept the cultural aspect of the language of those days.

All in all, a wonderful piece (though I'm not surprise, for all your work is superb).
Tunip chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
Yet another beautiful tale from you Canafinwe.

A lovely portrayal of a young Eldarion and his father. If it was anyone other than Aragorn and I would find it hard to believe that Eldarion had reached the age of 3 before experiencing his father's wrath, but then Aragorn has had many decades to learn patience and self control.

'I am his father, and it is my sacred charge to protect him, not to burden him with my pains. I have failed in my duty.' I imagine this is exactly how he would react, as he would exact impossibly high standards on himself that he would expect of no other. As you so succinctly put - ' so merciful towards others and so pitiless towards himself.' I am glad he has Arwen as the voice of wisdom and common sense and I am delighted with her solution.

Finally thank you for honouring the unsung heroes of Sarn Ford.

Yours Tunip
Linda Hoyland chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
A moving and beautifully written story.
Feafea chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
You wrote it very well! I could feel Aragorn's anguish. Keep writing more fics okay? :D
Emily chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
Poor Aragorn. : ( He's so angsty here. That makes me sad. : ( The beginning of Meneldur's story was very well done, though. Very cute, and not quite so despairing. It makes me want to know what the story is. Thank you for writing this; it was very well done.
RS1 chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
This is truly a wonderful story. I've always felt that the Dunedain got the short end of the stick. They are the forgotten heroes.

This story is truly a tribute to these unsung heroes. This just moved me to tears! You truly set the mood from the beginning to the end.
Lirulin-yirth-k'aio chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
So sadly and beautifully written! I should find more and better words perhaps, but I can say onle that since now - I wlii remember...
firefashion chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
This is a wonderfully written scene, all too well you capture the lifelong guilt of the commanding officer, who must send his troops to die. As well the difficulty of reconciling triumph, celebrated, with its personal cost and the grief of those that made victory possible. A good piece of fiction helps illuminate reality, and yours does that.