Reviews for Ranma, Planewalker
Guest chapter 3 . 8/20/2012
Been waiting years for an update. Awesome. :)
Tikitau chapter 3 . 8/19/2012
By the inescapable and inevitable doom of the multiverse, the impossible! A Ranma/D&D Crossover I actually want to read more of! Good job, sir and or Madam!
OmegaHouse chapter 3 . 8/20/2012
Recently reading D&D fiction and trying to understand the games SN various variations and campaigns a stuff. I look forward to the next chapter :)
irnzenmonk chapter 3 . 8/19/2012
very good ne
weebee chapter 3 . 8/18/2012
This is good stuff. I remember reading it a couple years ago but it was along with a bunch of other stuff on my voice reader and I'ed forgotten what I wanted to say by the time I got to a computer to review.

I quite liked the mixture of adaptability and strain you've given Ranma in this. In particular, I quite enjoyed his breaking down when caught in the spider web spell. Honestly, being plunged into hell is probably one of the scariest things imagionable, and if the place is like it is in a lot of other realities, I'd imagine he was subconsciously being bombarded with some REALLY heavy Chi.

By the sounds of it, Dumbledork pointed this out, but Ranma realy doesn't dislike weapons. He feels relying on one is a bad idea, but if he can get his mits on one, and he needs it, he'll use it. In the Anime, he trains with Genma with quarterstaves, and in the Manga, I'd say he'd have to have an exotic weapons proficiancy, given how quickly he adapted to, for example, Saffron's ice weapon.

I can't really say much on the Planescape part, since all I know about it is some very hazey memories of playing "Torment" when I was a kid. Kinda hoping Ranma will start using the 'Ranko' alias when a girl, and after a few weeks, a random redheaded martial artist catches up to him in a bar and challanges him to a fight. That was one of my favorite bits of playing with the "Belief makes it real" setting the computer game pulled off.

Hope your next update doesn't take quite so long, as I'm looking forward to it, but don't take me too seriously on that score as my glass house already has quite a few holes punched in it from retaliatory stone throws.

Good Luck.

drake202 chapter 3 . 8/18/2012
What a interesting story you got here Ranma in the outer planes ha theres no telling what kinds of Choas he'll cause there and your using Planescape one of my favorite D&D settings I wonder will Ranma ever get to ride a Spelljammer
neb1234 chapter 3 . 8/18/2012
Nice nice nice, this is looking great.
It's always a treat to see an update after more than a year in the waiting.
Keep it up!
Dumbledork chapter 3 . 8/18/2012
WOw! An upate after all this time (Yeah, I know I'm not much better when it comes to updates). Highly enjoyable chapter once again, but Ranma is once again too trusting. He should have realized by now that everyone seems to have an agenda.

I can't wait to see what happens next, though.
ussopking chapter 3 . 8/18/2012
the story! IT LIVES! :P
Fellow Sufferer chapter 3 . 8/18/2012
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm reading the way trusting, naive Ranma is befriended, and the only thing I can think of is 'long con'. Maybe I'm just too cynical for my own good, but the setting sure isn't helping...
Ranmaleopard chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
Paver83 chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
A good beginning, I hope you get back to writing it soon. This is a great setting to put a story in; one of the best adventures and settings D and D ever saw.

I agree with Hitokiri Onib. It can be argued that Ranma is already using ki just to be that fast/strong/durable etc., but write it the way you see best.

Hitokiri Onib chapter 2 . 7/10/2010
I love the setting and ranma's portrayal as a not omnipotent martial god of doom. However i must disagree with ranma's skill level. All martial artists are familiar with ki/chi, and all soft styles use it as a base. Ranma has been training his entire life and has encountered those and added it to his own. His strikes are capable of breaking stone, hitting faster than the eye can see, and jumping higher than a rabbit with a trampoline because of that ki enhanced movement. Hell even shampoo and to a (lesser degree) akane do this. A very angry Akane could have beat that thingy with the orb from the way that fight was portrayed. Ranma has ki strikes, your hands don't need to glow to do one. Though a projectile is a whole new story... Just my two cents.
VizeerLord chapter 2 . 5/3/2010
an idea, bracers or claw bracers, cestes or guantlet...

more please
Kingdark chapter 2 . 2/16/2010
I loved reading it. Ranma xovers that are not cliché girls clothed in barely anything aka sailor moon and companions are all good to read.
42 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »