Reviews for Ranma, Planewalker
Winged Golden Tiger chapter 2 . 12/30/2009
I don't know one thing about Planescape but this universe in correlation with Ranma? Seems like a marvellous idea!

I like how much more emotional you made him, how he reacted with the Blood River... Still I wonder what happened with the orb...

Anyway, that was great! I hope you'll update this soon!

(maybe you could use the Neko ken? In canon, it wasn't used to full potenial... D )

Winged Golden Tiger
Hiryo chapter 2 . 12/29/2009
A very very well written story and I love how you did that!

I look forward to see this story to its conclusion!

Please update soon!
Mackon chapter 2 . 10/17/2009
Cool start.

Looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

Thanks for sharing.
exillion chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
MOAR! Also, Spacebattles . com

You should post your story here as well. The users here have incredible rich knowledge from DnD to space battles so anything you need, they could help out with constructive criticism. I'll also be there to help out.

Good luck. Hope for more.
Randoh chapter 2 . 9/28/2009
Interesting. A bit too early to tell on the rest of it, but its looking good so far.
Gogolu chapter 2 . 9/25/2009
Very nice.
Vilkath chapter 2 . 9/24/2009
Well I had a much longer and I dare say better reviw for this story to begin with, but as the great internet gods decided the submit button to fail and the back button to delete my message... I can't be bothered to retype it all. The basic points remain the same though this is a pretty good story over all and I feel the Planescape aspects of the story are pretty golden.

The Ranma aspects however seem to delve deep into Fanon driven facts that never really happen in canon to much already. Ranma is not stupid, no indication he had failing grades and he was attending the class for his proper age bracket despite barely being in school as a kid, in Japan no less! They have a pretty vicious school system and for ranma to just pass given how rarely he went as a kid is a good sign of a keen mind outside of martial arts. I kind of felt this story downplayed Ranma into some stupid idiot who only reacts like an animal to situations around him.. which just not true.

Another bit is Ranma is insanely weak, true he had not delved into the higher end Ki attacks yet at this point in the series but he did catch onto them almost instantly when exposed to them. Simply seeing a demon through a fireball probably be enough for Ranma try do it with Ki instinctively, add to the fact ranma has been PHYSICALY training for most his life and has already been augmenting his strength speed, healing agility etc with Ki almost all his life. You just don't jump to the top of buildings and bounce around peoples heads naturaly.

The disdain for weapons really comes out of no where, while Ranma doesn't like weapons for the most part he isn't totaly against them if they are needed. He didn't go into the Gymnastics battle unarmed, he didn't turn down the ice staff thing to fight Safron. Ranma's whole mind set is 'what ever it takes to win' if he's told by no less then two sources 'only magic works' against his enemies he would stolen a weapon in no time flat and used.. not scoff at the idea of weapons.

Over all the idea is pretty nice and the start isn't to bad but I do feel the authors grasp on Ranma facts is built mostly on fanfiction falsehood.
al-mansur chapter 1 . 9/23/2009
Wow, this is freaking AWESOME! I love the way you have blended two seamingly different genre, martial arts action/romantic comedy of Ranma with the high fantasy of Dungeons and Dragons. The first two chapters are a thrill to read and I enjoyed every minute. If you ever need a beta reader give me a call.
Vixen2 chapter 2 . 9/23/2009
Interesting I'll be looking forward to seeing where you go with this. Very lucky getting allowed to leave like that with no major repurcusions (If Sigi's defenders had noticed an attempt to break the wards he'd have had a lot of explaining to do). As for the weapons vs to hit my inclination would be in order of preference . . .

1) Learn how to focus Ki in a manner that allows him to strike as if using a 1 weapon (whether taught by particular order or simply as part of the normal progression a monk, closest to his nature gains. I vaguely recall basic had that then it got dropped in 1st for the players book anyway and came up again later).

2) Aquires magical items (gloves, boots) there is afterall no logical reason why such couldn't be created for non weapon users.

3) Aquires and uses magical weapons.

Numbers 3's last because it really doesn't fit with Ranma's normal method of doing this although he has used them in the manga and anime with a high level of skill when he had too e.g. the rhythmic gymnastics tournament using hoops, ribbons and assorted bystanders or in the movie where he used a giant pair of scissors on that plant.
yambembi chapter 2 . 9/23/2009
pls continue this story

I truly wish to see the

next chapter,
ashnjack chapter 2 . 9/23/2009
Hmm. What about fist weapons like brass(or whatever) knuckles or weighted gloves. Claws might also work if there needs to be a blade. They could be enchanted and used without slowing him down.
Dumbledork chapter 2 . 9/23/2009
Excellent start. I thoroughly enjoyed it. One statement however is pure fanon: “Weapons are for the weak. They're a crutch.”

Ranma never said that and he even uses weapons from time to time.
42 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3