Reviews for Silence is Golden
Leanex chapter 4 . 4/23/2016
I was going to wait till I finished the story (again) to review, but at the end of this chapter I just feel this full body aching need to leave this review, and I don't know why I feel the need to say what's on my mind. Maybe it's because when I try to get my feelings out lately I feel like no one understands. Maybe it's because currently your story is making every feeling that I have had for months now come rushing forward and I feel the need to inform you of what an amazingly wonderful yet slightly terrible thing this story is doing to me emotionally. And maybe you won't even read this, maybe because it's not relevant to you or because of some other reason, but I'm writing it regardless.
Honestly, I found this story years ago, like I was probably 14 or something like that at the time. Compared to who I am now, I was just a baby child. But I found this story, and it struck a chord with me. It made me laugh and cry, and I found myself relating a lot to Zexion. I felt a lot of the same things he's felt in this story. That I was unimportant, that I didn't matter, and in my younger years I did wonder about becoming mute. People barely spoke to me anyways, and listened even less when I did speak, and for the most part I just kind of rode on my brothers back while he made friends for the both of us. I even told my mother about this one day and informed her that the reason I hadn't was because I knew my family wouldn't let me, meaning no harm by the remark really, but she still got angry with me anyways and will bring it up to this day when she's mad at me. I used to simply hide away in my room and bury myself in books and art, avoiding people, and when I did go out around people I would simply watch them, analyze them and try to figure out why they did things and such, this is probably why now I am a huge psychology nerd and if I ever had the time and money I would most definitely go into school for that. Anyways, I didn't see myself opening up more till I reached my adult years, having to go out into the working world and be around and deal with people. And I know I'm kind of rambling at this point and I apologize and I will really try to wrap this up. I have been working for two and a half years now at Walmart, and last year this guy started working there, who is very much like Demyx in most ways. (he just really doesn't have that cheery side like Demyx does, he's much more pessimistic) Now I didn't actually properly meet this guy for probably a month or two because he worked a different shift than me, (he changed shifts and that's when we met) but when I finally met him, this guy was a god damn mystery to me, I couldn't read him at all, (there's times now where I still can't read him even) and it drove me crazy, and I couldn't stand it, I HAD to get to know this guy and figure him out, I felt like I needed to solve this mystery, and it was extremely difficult for me, because I'm so socially awkward, I feel like I don't know how to talk to people, and it just feels weird to me to strike up random conversations with people, especially because I despise small talk and crave deep conversations. I put every fiber of my being into getting to know this guy for over the better half of a year. Very slowly and painstakingly because it was quite difficult for me to make conversation, and yet, thankfully, talking seemed to be rather effortless for him. I just had to invoke it and he would carry us the rest of the way through. Then finally we started dating. Sadly this was two months before he was making a move back to his home town because he hates the city I live in about at much as I do. So we had two amazing rollercoaster rides of months. And now three months after he's left I find myself here. Thinking of him consistently, and of how much I love him, yet feeling... Honestly like Demyx at this moment... Like I can't ever let him know that. And the reasons for that are ones I won't go into. But over the years since I found this story, I have read it about a million times over. There's times in between those readings where I'll think back to it and I'll smile and think on how amazing of a story it is, and how connected I feel to it. Not just the characters, but also all the inspiration it has given me, and the emotions and longing for it all. This story... Is part of the reason that I want to be an author. And it is very close to my heart.
At this point, it has probably been two years since I last came back and read this story. And right now, it is more important to me than even the first time that I read through it. Because right after finishing chapter 1, I knew something was different. I wasn't just feeling a connection to Zexion like I always had, I felt a connection to Demyx's character as well. Not in the same way as Zexion, where I felt connected because of likeness in personality. But because he reminded me of the person that I care about most. Because truly and honestly, that man that I met almost a year ago has become more important to me than anything. He is my best friend, and though it's still kind of a struggle for me to talk to him sometimes, even about important things, I know I can go to him with anything, and he'll be there for me, and he'll care. And like Zexion, I have no clue why this guy likes me. I don't know why he decided to let me into his life and allow the both of us to become attached to one another, (he wants to travel and he doesn't like to make connections with people because it would hurt them if he were to leave.) I still, at times don't understand this guy at all, and yet... I understand him perfectly. And it's because of all of this that I try so hard for him to be more open, because I know he worries about me... And it is to you, and anyone who may be interested in the future to possibly read this comment that I admit all of this to without restriction, and without hesitation and begrudging denile that I truly and honestly, with all of my heart love this man...
And I really am sorry for this super long comment that in a way has nothing to do with your amazing and fantastic, beautiful story. I came back to read this not realizing the amount of my feelings that were going to come rushing to the surface of my mind, I honestly came back to read it because of a roleplay I'm writing with a friend that has a mute character in it. Then, sitting here, reading this... Everything just hit me like a tsunami and I've been holding back tears since chapter one. And I'm sorry for this mess. I had to get it all out there, even if it was to a stranger. Some how, telling anyone I know just seems difficult. Like I can't find the words. Or maybe like my brain doesn't want to find the words because part of me feels like they just won't understand... I don't know... Anyways, I love this story, and I love you for making this story. It has been such an important part of my life, thank you so much for writing it. And if you actually read all of this, thank you for that as well, I know it was a lot, and I cannot apologize enough for that. Anyways, I'm going to go finish this story once again. Have a great day :)
Ischemia chapter 9 . 1/21/2016
Love this to pieces! Amazing job.
Guest chapter 9 . 11/11/2014
*Screaming* that was too cute for words! :o
TinaFinland13 chapter 9 . 10/9/2014
I love this so much! It's just...*flails* it's super cute and I love what you did with Zexy! The whole Axel tattoo thing was different but I really enjoyed it! So cute! I wish I could favorite this like a million times I liked it that much!
Spongecatdog chapter 9 . 2/16/2014
I read this story all in a day, and wow I'm really glad I did because this is just pure beauty. The characters were spot on, and everything was so fluid. Don't be surprised when the marriage proposal comes in the mail. Just saying.
randomadorablepikachu chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
God I finally found this again! I read it on another website (I think, who the hell knows anymore, I was half-depressed and very deeply buried in many, many fanfictions surrounding my favorite pairings, which is amazing, cuz I barely play KH, and most of my knowledge on the topic comes from fanfiction and wikis, so point is, I have no idea where most of the good ones I read even are or what they're called or what half of them are even ABOUT anymore)
Anyway, I read this in a few hours, many weeks back, but forgot to save it, despite it being one of my absolute favorite zemyx fics. maybe even my favorite. not sure. that's always open for debate.
I love your descriptions. And vagabond Axel. Soooooo PERFECT
this whole story was just so well thought out and full of subtle hints at deeper meaning and just wow. I don't know why, but the idea of a Zexion-to-English-translator, and then finding out the similar relationship between Roxas and Axel. I just loved that. This review is long. Eh, sorry about rambling...
Yes. Colors can TOTALLY shiver. that line has been staring at me this whole time i've been ranting. I agree completely, and I think your description captures that feeling involved wonderfully. xD
And *add fave*
wolfeclipse25 chapter 5 . 8/19/2013
The costumes were great and I love Roxas' personality! What is his costume, by the way?
Guest chapter 9 . 8/10/2012
Omg, this story is adorable! Great job!:)
ReadingMyOwnWay chapter 9 . 6/18/2012
I'm so sorry I haven't reviewed chapter by chapter. I'm even more sorry I can't send you an audio-file of me reading this spandifferous piece of pen-craft. It would have amused you to no end, the sounds you wrung from my poor lungs. Ow. My tummy hurts. From all these feelings. I'm in no way kidding.

Thank you SO much for writing this MARVELOUS piece of work. Your characterizations are spot-on, your plot endearing, and OH. OH my sweet Zexion. OH my DARLING Demyx. And Axel you wonderful conniving jerk-face. I empathize SO greatly with Axel; we share the same kind of wanderlust. Thank you for not minimizing how damaging it can be. We know it damages, but that doesn't override the need to MOVE.

Anyhoo, I would prize this for, oh, another three days, but I plan of getting on to reading /everything else you've every written./ So I'll stop here.

Just so you know, you had me mewling with unexpressible feelings by, oh, the middle of the first chapter.

-Reader
the6schemers6slave chapter 9 . 1/9/2012
Wow, I cant believe its over...

That has to be one of the best story ive read in a while. ..
the6schemers6slave chapter 4 . 1/8/2012
I know what defenestration(?) Means, I just cant spell it.
MerpTheMerp chapter 9 . 10/29/2011
That was possibly one of the cutest things I've ever read.

I love the way you ended it. You tied everything up and it was cute without being cheesy and overdone. It was a nice way to end things.

I also loved the way everyone interacted with each other. It seemed so normal and so real. Like they were friends in real life rather than a fictional story. I liked it. Their dialogue was friendly, biting, and sarcastic, but not overdone and ridiculous like many people could have shown it.

I also like your writing style. It flows nicely. The words go nicely together and everything just makes sense once I stop skipping lines due to my impatience and absent-mindedness.

It was a good story with a good plot and great characters. I really, really liked it. :D
Keys2theKingdom chapter 5 . 8/27/2011
one of these, since you always say we don't do these enough anymore.

2.I logged in, and then had to log back out. 'Tis not fair.

FF and their not letting me review again.

this again because I missed you. 3 XDD

I should try to write something other than Hetalia for once and I needed inspiration. :P

6. I can't quite understand why Sora is so nervous about Axel and Roxas being in the same room when Namine wants to bring him. I dunno, just seems weird man.

this makes me feel bad for killing TiO! ;A;

right after typing that, I dug it up and re-read it.

sorry anymore. ;A;

to shush now and read more before doing history homework.

11. PM me back?
Ceri Moriarty chapter 9 . 5/1/2011
Awww. Happy endings for all! Love it. It's adorable~!
Ceri Moriarty chapter 4 . 5/1/2011
Ah, defenestration. It's a wonderful word. (I know what it means, too.) I actually kind of doubt that Zexion could throw Marluxia out of a window (it's a simple matter of weight ratio), but it's an entertaining image. _