Reviews for A Letter to My Husband
GorGirl chapter 1 . 6/3
Saw this on TLS.
MildredDempsey chapter 15 . 5/28
It's been a long time since you wrote and posted this story. It only just came into my world last week. This story is WONDERFUL. I loved every last second of it, and I hope life is going great for you : D
tetecruz chapter 15 . 5/27
So I just finished this story and, although it's irrefutably well written, I must confess I'm a little uncomfortable. I don't know if it's also the extremely formal narrative which heightened this feeling but it all lacked a little warmth and love for me. I really can't understand or empathize with this relationship.
Correct me if I'm wrong but should really a 21st century woman willingly submit to this kind of treatment? Does it give us any sense of safety and respect when a man only behaves towards his own wife with such arrogant, belligerent and abusive tendencies? I've seen, read and had all kinds of relationships around me and I can even, somewhat, understand the cultural background you push forward about old marriages; but if there's something we deservedly achieved this last century was the voice to proclaim our choices within those relationships. I'm not only a wife, a mother or a respectful housewife! Yes, I want security and love, but above all else, I want respect for my individual choices. It's quite regressive to think a husband takes ownership of his wife; medieval even! He can exert some power within his household and be the ultimate voice of reason, but let's not mistake leadership and authority with overbearing control and abuse. He shouldn't cultivate fear, oppression or instability... that simply isn't love.
So I ended with a conflict.
Was this all just a sick and twisted mind game to achieve sexual gratification? If so, I can't find redemption or peace in their final actions, only quite possibly a reiteration of their original problems.
Should her self-protective actions, her choice of seeking support from one of her best friends should be perceived as an act of disobedience? Because she met another man while there, she should be punished? I really don't get his imperative ways, the cruelty, the patronizing, the shaming... the harsh words of disrespect when he's clearly the one who should be proving his innocence. But if this is just a case of reinstating his dominance over her, or how you put it, "do as I wish with what is mine" situation; then I believe they should be seeking some sort of therapy while they're at it because this simply isn't healthy.
I apologize for the vehemence, and maybe I'm wrong... but I sensed a demagogic undertone with this story and that's what frightened me, because I feel as women we should condone this kind of chauvinist, patronizing, demeaning behavior not glorify it. This place it's a wonderful platform for creativity and dreams, and in no way I will censure your words, your ideologies or views as the creator - that's not my place or purpose. I just speak of what upsets me and I hope you understand that.
Thank you for sharing this story. :)
emmzac chapter 15 . 5/26
Maybe I lost it somewhere but I still think Edward was cruel and Bella needed to at least punch his lights out. Maybe I just don't understand how withholding sex and taunting someone and making them beg for your love especially the so called love is healthy. Edward still failed to take any ownership in the problems, insecurities and betrayal she felt when she received the photo. What she felt was real and Edward seem to brush over it. Taking his time to make contact, his harsh domineering and somewhat abusive behaviour towards Bella when decide to confront her. Yes I understand he too was devastated when he found her gone and not knowing why but his actions and treatment of Bella were nothing but cruel. He was an ass. But then who am I to judge if this is what rocks their boat.
I did enjoy this story though and a good story does invoke discussion. It kept me reading chapter after chapter and that's a good thing.
Thanks for sharing :-)
emmzac chapter 14 . 5/25
Still at a loss why Bella still feels the blame for leaving is all on her.
* She received a very compromising photo of her husband.
* She tried to contact Edward multiple times
* She wrote a letter explaining her reasons and told him where to find her

I'm sure if I felt as abandoned and lost as she did (especially at a young age) I too may have left. Or maybe just changed the locks.
I'd love to know more about the photo. As in when was it taken, who was the female and was he married to Bella at the time.
I know "Curiosity killed the cat" but it just something I'd like Edward to acknowledge.
Reading on...
Max the Cat chapter 8 . 5/25
Mysterious pictures show up
Suspicious guy in yellow cap on airplane
Creepy Postman
Love of games to tease each other

Am I on to something here?
Max the Cat chapter 1 . 5/25
Doesn't he have a cell phone?
emmzac chapter 13 . 5/25
So it was Edward in the photo but who was the female? Was it Bella, Tanya or some other mystery woman? And why did he leave it there?
Still questions but at least he has the letter and that with her notebook he can read and feel the anguish she suffered through her words
Hope they reunite soon. Reading on...
emmzac chapter 12 . 5/25
Thanks for sharing the true side of Edward. Dominant yet caring, loving and a protector of his love.
Finding and reading her notebook may have been what he needed as much as she did. I'm guessing it gave him a true sense of where Bellas head and heart were during her time despair.
Now to find out where he found the letter, did he also find the photo and who sent it.
Reading on ...
emmzac chapter 11 . 5/25
So the cold hard ice seems to be melting but the harsh commands remain.
You open many different mind sets with this. I've been married for 26 years but would I say that my husband owned me? No. But he does own my heart & soul. He's the love of my life and my life partner so yes I guess he does. But not in a controlling domineering way as your Edward seems to be portrayed.
I'm glad he showed the softer loving side as he did in the final paragraphs.
Reading on...
PINKSAPPHYR chapter 15 . 5/24
Very intriguing story with a very unique couple... Their relationship is pretty special and your take on gender natural (in)equality can't help but provoke and question the reader's vision of things...
I'm glad you ended on such a tender moment, it balanced the harshness of some previous scenes and was very much welcomed.
You have a beautiful writing style and I can't thank you enough for thinking of JJ Goldman ;) Thanks for sharing and congrats!
tff000 chapter 15 . 5/24
good )
tff000 chapter 14 . 5/24
good ch.
emmzac chapter 9 . 5/24
Ok so they many have been played. What is Tanya and Jacobs part in all this. Someone maybe out for something but does that excuse Edward for being an overbearing ass? A total control freak who seems to be intent of placing all the blame on Bella. I still have no idea what he does that he thinks his shit don't stink but boy it mayst be something.

Reading on...but I have to go to work first so I'll be thinking of this all day.
tff000 chapter 13 . 5/24